I think Trauma Probe is garbage for pvp. Thoughts?

moman

I just feel that 3 points (or even 1) is wasted in that talent. I instead put them into Endurance slots. Do other medics even bother with it? If you spec 1 point just to have the probe, do you feel it is worth it to toss in the last 2 points?

this is getting ridiculous every now and then this threads pop out by commando/mercs about how bad x/y skill mechanic is when clearly they don`t understand it. im starting to think that this is their first time playing an mmo and the first time they experience any pvp gameplay, weirdly most of them bunch up in the commando/mercs class,go figure.

no op trauma Probe doesn't suck far from it.

a low cost fire and forget passive heal that cannot be interrupted doesn't have a range limit after you put it on with a long duration and a lot of stacks no cd that can be spammed on multiple targets doesn't suck!

its one if not the best healing skill in the game and you want and you should upgrade it as much as you can.

this is getting ridiculous every now and then this threads pop out by commando/mercs about how bad x/y skill mechanic is when clearly they don`t understand it

Except they've also been seen as one of the worst classes in the game because Heavy Armor isn't anywhere near as good as people want to claim... if you're wearing Heavy Armor and still getting chunked by that guy wearing a Light Armor, well...

To answer the question, no, Trauma Probe can be applied to your entire team now so it's a must have. In the past it only applied to one person (and before that, we didn't even get Kolto Bomb), but now you can attach it to your whole team and that alone has basically shifted Commandos/Mercs from one of the worst healers in the game to the best.

Except they've also been seen as one of the worst classes in the game because Heavy Armor isn't anywhere near as good as people want to claim... if you're wearing Heavy Armor and still getting chunked by that guy wearing a Light Armor, well...

You got DOTted, maybe ?

In PvP, the "light armor thing" has led to the bad habit of always focusing the Sage / Sorc before anything else.

And even here in the PvP forum, people fully justify it with the Sage / Sorc having only light armor.

Errr wut?

Its a hot that heals when you take dmg,so its never really wasted,putting on 8 people at the start of a warzone its 80k healing with no effort?It has no CD,low energy cost and no required range for it to work....Next you'll tell us you are an operative that thinks kolto probs are "garbage" for pvp aswell.

Errr wut?

Its a hot that heals when you take dmg,so its never really wasted,putting on 8 people at the start of a warzone its 80k healing with no effort?It has no CD,low energy cost and no required range for it to work....Next you'll tell us you are an operative that thinks kolto probs are "garbage" for pvp aswell.

I wouldn't call it a hot, but it's extremely valuable, and mandos/mercs were clamoring for the ability since launch. it's still considerably worse than sage bubbles but it puts the abil in the same ball park with the other two classes' "bubble hots"

with just bubbles and self heals, my sage averages about 200k heals per WZ. spec'd trauma probe cannot touch the bubble's effectiveness as the latter is an absorb rather than heal after the fact. they both suffer the same "nerf" if there are multiple sages on the same team. that's a nerf to your individual numbers, not the team. I know less about how the op hot works. but...w/e. problem solved: trauma probe on multiple targets is great. if you don't take it, please don't go in as a healer.

Edited by foxmob

You got DOTted, maybe ?

In PvP, the "light armor thing" has led to the bad habit of always focusing the Sage / Sorc before anything else.

And even here in the PvP forum, people fully justify it with the Sage / Sorc having only light armor.

No, focusing Sages first wasn't because of light armor. It was because pre-2.0 they had 0 good defensive cooldowns and could be interrupted and now they're marginally better.

see you fail again to understand game mechanics.you have the notion that armor=you facetank dmg,well you wont,it doesn`t,and it will not.

it only give you a small mitigation for two types of dmg,it helps a bit but not gamebreaking i`m a dpstank powpow you cant kill me and i`ll kill you kinda thing.

and for commando/mercs "seen as the worst classes in the game"(very bold claim btw) its not because of armor what hold them back is one dps spec can be shut down by cleanses which leads to ammo problems and is bad at target switchs,2nd dps spec is very susceptible to interrupts and can completely shut down or severely have its dmg lowered (less now as of 2.7)when under focus,and a healing spec that is fairly good but is outshined by scoundre/op`s.

and for all 3 specs no gapopner/getaway/reposition skill on a class that relies heavily on positioning.

and a bad resource mechanic that even the dev`s admitted on it being bad.

OP is dumb or a troll.

Oh yes! Thank you for your grand advice and wisdom on this manner!

For the people calling me out, why do you think I posted the question in the first place? I specifically stated I started to really get into healing pvp for the first time, thus implying my own lack of knowledge (a.k.a. noobishness).

To those that gave actual advice, thank you. I am out of town for the Easter weekend and stuck on a laptop, but once I get back, I am going to test this out.

I'll be monitoring this thread, so if anyone has any more info, please keep posting. I can only get better.

It helps take some of the edge off of dots, especially the ones you can't cleanse. In a dot heavy warzone ( which most of them tend to be ) it's a ridiculous valuable skill to have.

Why would you feel endurance would be better to take over a skill that can heal your allies for 10-12k on one single use?

Commando heals are in a good place right now. It's not as good as a run and gun healer as scoundrel or as powerful an AOE healer as Sage, but it's pretty solid all-around. If I could change a couple of things about commando healer, it would be to Kolto Pods and Kolto Residue. Increase the Pods healing percentage, make Kolto Residue's healing increase timer to 30 seconds and the snare last 6 seconds.

Edited by Arehonn