Data Entry & Corsec Electrobaton now in CM

Iwipe

I picked up both. Any idea where the bation is in collections?

Hey folks!

The Corsec Electrobaton was put on the Cartel Market today, and I just wanted to let you all know that it is not currently available in Collections, but we are looking to correct this in 2.7.1.

Thanks!

-tw

You're welcome.

The data entry is kind of messed up by the other dropping animations.

Still, that's nice they made an item for you.

I agree with both these sentences (especially the latter one).

I bought the Data Entry shortly after it appeared on the CM, before the preview was available here. And I wish I'd know in advance that the animation is "silly" or "easter egg" one, somewhat contrary to what the description says.

Ah well. What happened happened, and I'll be wiser (and less eager) next time. I understand the reasons behind why the animation is what it is, I just wanted to add a +1 to arunav's opinion that it would be (much? persnal feeling) better without the dropping crates part.

You're welcome.

thanks a bunch - was slightly worried. Absolutely planning on using the button on my sentinel, and awas afraid of having to purchase it twice. Will name the poor sod "Drummer" ^^

Edited by achwas
missed a preposition^^

I wonder if they're pricing themselves out of more profitability. I'd buy the regen at 200cc but I won't even consider it at 600cc. Nor will I buy it from GTN for the approximate 600,000 to a million credits it is likely to cost. I wonder how many there are out there like me, and if there are enough of us that the extra purchases would make up for the 400cc difference in price. Edited by DarthTHC

I wonder if they're pricing themselves out of more profitability. I'd buy the regen at 200cc but I won't even consider it at 600cc. Nor will I buy it from GTN for the approximate 600,000 to a million credits it is likely to cost. I wonder how many there are out there like me, and if there are enough of us that the extra purchases would make up for the 400cc difference in price.

oh sure they could, and once everyone has one, they'll be essentially worthless and have zero demand.

They are priced this way as much about $$$ as they are about rarity/luxury and uniqueness

oh sure they could, and once everyone has one, they'll be essentially worthless and have zero demand.

They are priced this way as much about $$$ as they are about rarity/luxury and uniqueness

Nah, I think it's all about revenue/profit. They don't care about rarity except for when that rarity drives money out of our accounts and into theirs.

They'd have to sell a hair over 3 times as many of these things at 200cc as they do at 600cc to make the price drop valuable for them. Will 3 times as many people buy at 200cc as do at 600? That's my question. I would love to hear from anyone who would buy at 200 but won't at 600, just to get an idea... really just for my own entertainment.

Nah, I think it's all about revenue/profit. They don't care about rarity except for when that rarity drives money out of our accounts and into theirs.

They'd have to sell a hair over 3 times as many of these things at 200cc as they do at 600cc to make the price drop valuable for them. Will 3 times as many people buy at 200cc as do at 600? That's my question. I would love to hear from anyone who would buy at 200 but won't at 600, just to get an idea... really just for my own entertainment.

I'm not buying it at all.

My assumption is that they have general pricing principles. I would assume that someone is doing they market research and pricing it there they believe the sweet spot it.

That doesn't mean they don't make mistakes, of course.

there is nothing preventing them from selling X at 600CC then in a few months drop the price by a 1/3 and sell more. There IS preventing them from selling at a lower price now, and being able to raise the price later.

thanks a bunch - was slightly worried. Absolutely planning on using the button on my sentinel, and awas afraid of having to purchase it twice. Will name the poor sod "Drummer" ^^

Hehe, I scurried to the forum as soon as I noticed, just decided to check the Dev tracker before I made a thread about it, got lucky, he'd just posted it :p

I didn't quite get the items dropping from the sky either. Doesn't the description say that you are supposed to be "uploading" data or some such? Not downloading or ordering/buying items. I guess I see what they are trying to do here, but it feels like just a bit too much going on around what is already a cool enough animation.

That's awesome that you got recognized though, Dulfy. I hope you got a free one!

• 2 weeks later...
How does it take away from the "otherwise neat regen item"? If anything, it makes it better. It is just an extra little thing that makes it that much better.

How exactly does it make it "that much better"? I completely agree with arunav; I think the crates totally ruin it.

As stated before, It is referencing her as how she always has all the latest info the newest Cartel Packs and such. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Yeah - except I wish I'd known before I bought it. There was nothing about falling crates in the Cartel Market description. I had every reason to assume I'd just be sitting down, entering data, which I thought would be a great rest item for my Operative. But with the crates falling, it's unusable. I get it's a reference to Dulfy, but the reference would've worked just as well without the crates, and as long as I'm not Dulfy, the crates don't fit in.

BioWare, PLEASE make a version without the falling crates!

Edited by SelvesteSand

Yeah, it would certainly be nice to be able to inspect emotes and regen stuff, just like one can with everything else.

That being said, didn't they want to implement something like that soon? I think I read about that somewhere, but I might be mistaken.

Yeah, it would certainly be nice to be able to inspect emotes and regen stuff, just like one can with everything else.

Protip: Dulfy takes the time to put a youtube up for virtually any interesting item with animations or effects. ;)

I snapped up and added a Data Entry to my Collections in celebration of all the Dulfy does for the community. And personally, I love the animations. It's totally nerdy-chic and let's be honest... most gamers who wearing a nerdy-chic badge (either proudly or covertly). :D

Grats to Dulfy for much deserved recognition by Bioware for all the wonderful work she does. :)