Guardians / Juggs, ED needs a tone down?

Xinika

My .02 pub credits,

My tank with about 80% DPS gear doubled its typical healing output from 150k to 300k in the one and only WZ I tried. Using this with Warding Call feels a bit OP, for my gear and spec, but tanks needed some luv so I am torn in how to fix this....

I finished a CW with these slash lines.

400k/280k/300k

I was a PuG tank, no doubt a premade could increase those numbers.

400k dps on a tank? This looks like a very long WZ. Either that or the enemy had garbage gear.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400k dps on a tank? This looks like a very long WZ. Either that or the enemy had garbage gear.

Wasnt any longer than typ CWs. I wear mostly DPS gear and a off the beaten path spec. My DPS and Pro are always around those numbers, but healing? I think my previous best was 200K, and I was BiS Conq, which is mostly the same gear I'm wearing now...

now really, are sin/shadows and sorc/sages crying about this new feature?

so u kids want juggs/guardian to be dumbed again?

come on...seems u whinners can't handle this AC to be competitive

Hmmm, good point. Seems the most vocal of the complainers main assassins/shadows. The former best class for dueling. Coincidence?

now really, are sin/shadows and sorc/sages crying about this new feature?

so u kids want juggs/guardian to be dumbed again?

come on...seems u whinners can't handle this AC to be competitive

Nah, something seems out of place with it. I don't play a Sin and my Sorc been in perpetual retirement since my inst-mezz was removed. It's actually could be out of whack for pure tanks too because of guard damage taken. My rating is around 2k per tick on a non-crit the amount of attacks in that range are plentiful. That is the HoT from hell. It's fun, but I think it needs work. Just my first impression though. It went from somewhat useless to uberstonk. I guess part of my issue is that healing doesn't fit the lore of this class AT ALL. It's silly really..

Anyone thinking ED will remain the way it is in flat out denial. Have fun while it lasts.

I will, and the same to you until your long-overdue nerf comes around. Enjoy master strikes in the meantime.

Edited by Ugolino

Sins need nerfs? K. Roll one yourself and lemme' know how 'overpowered' it is.

>Sins weren't overpowered as a PVP class.

The delusion is strong with this one. They've been good for so long that sins being upper-tier in terms of viability is the new status quo. Frankly, anything and everything that shakes that up is just fine with me right up to gutting the class so someone else gets a moment in the sun.

Edited by Ugolino

>Sins aren't overpowered as a PVP class.

The delusion is strong with this one. They've been good for so long that sins being upper-tier in terms of viability is the new status quo. Frankly, anything and everything that shakes that up is just fine with me right up to gutting the class so someone else gets a moment in the sun.

This gives the right for another class to have an absurdly broken ability. The logic is astounding. Look, I really don't care if you were playing a sorc, sniper or the singing bard from another game - if an ability is overpowered, it's overpowered. I don't care how much you don't like sins and I really don't care how much you love your little guardian. It's obvious ED is a beta ability and is finding its correct balance but its current incarnation is overpowered. Due to that, I bring this thread forth to BW (which they have seen) as feedback.

GL

Edited by Xinika

Its a catch 22. As long as ranked exists in which there is a leaderboard and exclusive rewards, BW will be required to balance classes for that environment.

This is exactly the reason why Blizzard publicly regretted arena.

Regardless, the spec is fine. Outside of all these 1v1 situations that people are trying hard to convince happen more often than not, FD needs to be used in conjunction with another dcd as it's very easy to burst through. Each tick is worth less than most abilities dmg output. As a result it mitigates, but doesn't eliminate said dmg. It's significantly harder to burst down at VG with adrenaline rush than a guardian with FD.

^^^^^ This.

99% of the time if I am using Enraged Defense, I also have to pop another DCD or else I will just die anyway. This is how you see ED suddenly top people off -- it's not ED doing the work, it's medpac + Endure Pain, and then your damage is being mitigated by ED so that it looks like he suddenly healed to full. If I am being focused, especially in huttball, and I'm somehow surviving, ED has nothing to do with it. I'm being nuked by a healer, end of story.

Edited by Vid-szhite

Sins need nerfs? K. Roll one yourself and lemme' know how 'overpowered' it is.

Really though, in a full wz the amount healing done by ED is the same amount of self healing done by a dps sage/sorc(which can do 3-4k dps right now) Don't be mad because you can't 1v1 a guardian anymore. 1v1 doesn't mean **** right so they probably won't do much with it. I see them just lowering the activation to 50% :p Veng spec Juggs were useless up until now; and guardians in general were useless when arenas came a long so it was long overdue.

This gives the right for another class to have an absurdly broken ability. The logic is astounding. Look, I really don't care if you were playing a sorc, sniper or the singing bard from another game - if an ability is overpowered, it's overpowered. I don't care how much you don't like sins and I really don't care how much you love your little guardian. It's obvious ED is a beta ability and is finding its correct balance and its current incarnation is overpowered.

What's obvious is that you're just bitter about Guardians being viable/improved from their previous sorry state and have nothing to contribute because of your clear bias. Absurdly broken? Compared to what?

Thirty seconds, ten charges, no damage reduction in its current form. Still very much killable after the charges are gone. Deal with it and l2play. I'm not even that attached to the new ED, I just find the idea of a little karmatic payback and delicious former FOTM tears appealing. You deserve this and should learn to deal with it rather than whining. :rak_03:

If you want a change, make a better suggestion than "Waaahhh nerf it, I want easier kills waaah". Otherwise, I'm just going to laugh in your face and heal2full as DPS.

Go uninstall if it bothers you so much that Guardians get a second decent generic defensive cooldown.

Edited by Ugolino

Really though, in a full wz the amount healing done by ED is the same amount of self healing done by a dps sage/sorc(which can do 3-4k dps right now) Don't be mad because you can't 1v1 a guardian anymore. 1v1 doesn't mean **** right so they probably won't do much with it. I see them just lowering the activation to 50% :p Veng spec Juggs were useless up until now; and guardians in general were useless when arenas came a long so it was long overdue.

Good Madness Sorcs and Snipers can still 1v1 me, ED or no, and I am probably one of the better Juggs on my server. Vengeance is still as vulnerable to kiting as ever.

Assasins tears so sweet and delicious <3

Assasin who cannot kill any 1 class 1 vs 1 and complaining about it just demonstrate how bad he is :o

Wow ... you are saying xinika, the person who made a name for herself with the assassin class and was voted the representative (back when we had way more good players than we have now) is bad at it? You are a funny little man.