petition for a 2xp week.

sepulhead

While I support your wish to be able to play double xp during your prime playing time, I also know that there are some that are up-in-arms about having to miss 3 days of gaming already... Imagine how they would react if it was a whole week...

inb4 opt-in/out options for doubleXP

inb4 CM doubleXP consumable

inb4 leveling is too hard

inb4 leveling is too easy

inb4 let us turn off XP all together

inb4 let us choose our own XP %

hmm what else am I missing?

seriously, this is why I did not like the double xp idea. They have already had like 8. One month before makeb They allowed you to do it EACH weekend. Now we get threads asking for more. They have already do so much to make the leveling process so easy and pointless that almost 1/4 of the game pop has more then 8 toons, most up to 12. This game is so easy its starting to make me sick! If you plan to level then roll a toon while you level your maiin then put him in a resting zone til your ready to level it. Once you do it comes out of rested WITH double XP. Eric already stated you get the same exp that way as you do with double XP weekend.

Sorry what is this resting zone you refer to? I usually just log out someplace I won't get aggro in.

Cantinas, fleet, and your personal ship are all considered resting zones. Though even if you log out somewhere random, characters will still accumulate rested xp, though it might be less(I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, used to be you could only get rested xp for logging out in the specific areas).

im not asking for a 2xp weekend i am asking for a 2xp week because i play during the week not on the weekends.

If they do it, I hope it will not happen too soon. Nothing against you, but many are not too happy with having those double XP event already that often, and a whole weeks seems much. Maybe shortly before they raise the level cap or something like that... but I guess they might stick to the weekends anyway.

inb4 opt-in/out options for doubleXP

inb4 CM doubleXP consumable

inb4 leveling is too hard

inb4 leveling is too easy

inb4 let us turn off XP all together

inb4 let us choose our own XP %

hmm what else am I missing?

life isn't fail. Life is too hard. Video games are my life. to name a few.

how about 2xp 20hr buff mailed to all characters or legacy buff good for one week

so during a 48 hour period over a weekend you expect N characters x 20 hours benefit. So if I have 16 characters, that would be 320 hours of 2x bonus? That is just way to much of a sense of ENTITLEMENT imo.

No. At least not wothout a way to turn it off. I do not want it. I do not need it.

Just start selling geared level 55 characters on the Cartel Market.

This. I'm surprised WoW took so long to finally do it. Heck GW allowed you to create max level characters for free back in 2005. No reason not to allow people just to create them in any game.

Just start selling geared level 55 characters on the Cartel Market so people will stop whining about 2xp.

The day they start doing that is the day I just unsub. Whats the point if you can just 'buy' a max level character with max level gear?

(I say that with thinking you weren't serious in that suggestion)

72.43% of all statistics are made up.

Also, the numbers he came up with are actually kind of meaningless. "Has 12 characters." Yeah, what levels are they? I've created more than that and I'm spread out across 7 servers. I've got four 55s on my main server, one 55 on another server, and zero 55s on any other server. (I've also got most of my characters on just the first two servers, actually.) So how about that guy with 12 characters then? Are they all on one server or are they spread out? Are any of them 50+? There's no telling. The statement "has 12 characters" implies nothing. And you don't know how much of their progress has been regular leveling and how much of it has been during double xp. Some people try to sprint from 1 to 50 with a character during these things. Others will only get a couple levels here or there on different characters while doing about the same thing they would have been doing anyway or they'll start a new character to about 15 or so.

No. At least not wothout a way to turn it off. I do not want it. I do not need it.

This. I'm surprised WoW took so long to finally do it. Heck GW allowed you to create max level characters for free back in 2005. No reason not to allow people just to create them in any game.

Wasn't that for PVP chrs?

seriously, this is why I did not like the double xp idea. They have already had like 8. One month before makeb They allowed you to do it EACH weekend. Now we get threads asking for more. They have already do so much to make the leveling process so easy and pointless that almost 1/4 of the game pop has more then 8 toons, most up to 12. This game is so easy its starting to make me sick! If you plan to level then roll a toon while you level your maiin then put him in a resting zone til your ready to level it. Once you do it comes out of rested WITH double XP. Eric already stated you get the same exp that way as you do with double XP weekend.

No kidding. People are so selfish, so let's give this player a 2XP week, then a month later the same person, or at the very least another person, will be like "I was on holidays for a week and missed the 2XP week so you owe me a 2XP month" and so on and so forth.

I've missed a lot of things in SWTOR, most recently the 1-hour sales, but I don't come here and demand compensation for it. And demanding even MORE ways to level faster that we already do is just sad.

Those were PvP characters only. PvE still required you to level your character.

I'm surprised WoW took so long to finally do it. Heck GW allowed you to create max level characters for free back in 2005. No reason not to allow people just to create them in any game.

Here are three (3) reasons to NOT allow people to 'just create them in any game', but specifically SWTOR:

1. A new-to-MMOs player joins SWTOR and makes a max-level character. Has no idea how to play at all. Joins flashpoints/operations/warzones. Sucks big-time cuz no clue and borks the group. Veteran players weep.

2. An experienced MMO player makes a max-level character in SWTOR. Has good idea how to play (ie. fight mechanics and strategies). Joins flashpoints/operations/warzones. Sucks medium-time cuz unfamiliar with SWTOR cuz didn't level properly and borks the group. Veteran players weep.

3. An experienced SWTOR player makes a max-level character that is 'new' to them (ie. class/role/etc). Has good idea how to play (ie. fight mechanics and strategies). Joins flashpoints/operations/warzones. Sucks small-time cuz unfamiliar with new role cuz didn't level properly and borks the group. Veteran players weep.

The bottom line is that people *need* to level their characters so they actually know how to use them by the time they get to end-game. Yes, of course, there will be veteran players who already have a 55 Guardian DPS but want a 55 Guardian Tank that won't have too difficult a time adjusting but for the majority of the population they *need* to learn and grow with their characters by leveling.

FYI, a year ago and being a veteran to SWTOR I leveled my first Operative as a DPS and switched to Heals once I hit 50 (essentially and instant-50) and I found it very difficult to adjust and felt bad cuz I kept borking my group cuz I was unfamiliar with how Operative-specific heals work. Am I the only one who had this kind of instant-50 trouble? Maybe, but probably not, and from now on I see leveling as the way to go to actually learn how to use my abilities.