Lower Prices/More Monthly Coins for Subs

You put all this stuff in the game, charge an arm and a leg for it, but you give subs a pittance in terms of how many coins we get per month. I'm a long-time sub so I get 600 per month, plus 100 for my security key. And not everybody gets as much as I do. The amount of coins we get per month should be double what we get now. You already get money out of us every month through our sub fees, stop trying to weasel your way into getting us to buy coins too.

If you're not going to give us more coins, then at least have a permanent discount rate on any and all transactions that require CC's. And I don't mean just stuff from the cartel market, I'm talking unlocks from our collections, visits to the character mod station, you name it. If it costs CC's, we get a discount for half of what preferred and f2p have to pay. Plain and simple.

It is questionable that subs are as valued as the freeloaders. This game has gone from sub based and premium price at buy, to free download and F2P and is making more money than with only a sub base. Sure, we don`t know WHO exactly is spending - the subs that want extra, or the freeloaders and probably we`ll never know.

However, 2 things are a problem here:

1. Direct conversion from 15 bucks, in my country, at least, is 10.80 euro, not the 12.99 I was charged.

2. 15 bucks would buy me around 2000 CC`s if I`d spend directly and not via sub.

I agree with your request though, but watch out for the freeloaders swarming in here that we are actually getting too much for our money.

Edited by Styxx

In my opinion, BW should make a decision soon. The current mix between sub and F2P is not really working anymore. I suggest they make this game fully F2P and offer Cartel Coins subscriptions for former subscribers which grant bonus CC, depending on how long you have been a sub. E. g. 10 extra coins per subscribed month.

And an additional discount on Cartel Market items which depends on how long you have been subscribed is also a good idea. For example, 1% per subscribed month. If they implement this idea 30 months after launch, the maximum discount would be 30%. I think this is fair for both parties.

Of course, in such a system, there needs to be new relevant stuff available in the Cartel Market. Not only fluffy stuff.

P. S. I always prefer sub-games. But I think that this game is nowadays better off as a 100% F2P game.

snip

Not even World of Tanks does this. Freemiums earn half xp and money than subs, which is proper.

For whatever value my 12.99 euro per month are (which is 18 bucks, not 15 converted to 10.80 euro, btw), it`s a monthly pay. If the sub will go away, I won`t play this game as freemium.

As I said somewhere else, if a player says this game isn`t worth 15 bucks a month, it is hard to believe the same player will spend 20 bucks a month on CC`s. And we really have no idea if the subs pay more just because they get coins to gamble on rares, just because they are subs, as opposed to freeloaders that spend too little, if any at all and too far between.

The million dollar question is: Which is the percentage of the income, split between subs and freemiums? Also, which is the retention of subs chance if such a measure will be implemented?

Edited by Styxx

I think that the best way to reward subscribers would be to give slightly more CC every month as a loyalty reward. Face it, after 2+ years, subscribers deserve some extra CC without having to spend more money.

After 6 months of continuous subscription, every month after that you earn 25 more CC per month, with a cap of around 1250/month for a long-term subscription. I mean let's face it, the CC reward is for digital items anyway, so it doesn't cost EA anything extra to "make" them...

Edited by Zharik

I think that the best way to reward subscribers would be to give slightly more CC every month as a loyalty reward. Face it, after 2+ years, subscribers deserve some extra CC without having to spend more money.

After 6 months of continuous subscription, every month after that you earn 25 more CC per month, with a cap of around 1250/month for a long-term subscription. I mean let's face it, the CC reward is for digital items anyway, so it doesn't cost EA anything extra to "make" them...

they already give you 500 + 100 if you use the security key. But alas, like many things..MORE MORE MORE!

If you do not like your current setup feel free to cancel said sub and use the $15 you spend now on unlocks and whatever else you do.

the 500 monthly is mainly to be used for unlocks and small things here and there. Any big ticket items are to be purchases separately or saved from the allowance. If it happens to encourage others to spend more money on CC as well as maintain a sub, so be it. But wanting more for less is not how the world works.

The problem with this game is little amount of subscriber content they release VS paid content. Even if you play this game every day some months you'd be better off cancelling your sub and putting that money all into cartel coins.

Part of the problem is too when you look at something like GSF and lets pretend GSF is the only thing you play. Why wouldn't you spend all that sub money on coins? You would level faster by the xp conversion.

I don't have the recurring subscription, i have the pay 18.99 for 2 months, non-recurring, on the off-chance that money is scarce and when its spare, i pay for another 2 months and some coins.

It would be cool to have many more bonuses to be unlocked via legacy and the cartel market, also, i would like the cartel market to ask if this is for others or personal use when purchasing an item, if its for personal use, it should be legacy bound or account bound, the other will keep what is current active, 2days time limit or something.

they already give you 500 + 100 if you use the security key. But alas, like many things..MORE MORE MORE!

If you do not like your current setup feel free to cancel said sub and use the $15 you spend now on unlocks and whatever else you do.

the 500 monthly is mainly to be used for unlocks and small things here and there. Any big ticket items are to be purchases separately or saved from the allowance. If it happens to encourage others to spend more money on CC as well as maintain a sub, so be it. But wanting more for less is not how the world works.

Wow, I was trying to give the company an idea for some incentives to keep people subscribed. It was a "loyalty bonus" and would not hurt you... at all. For the record, I have been playing since day 1 and have always been a subscriber, so do some math as see how much I spent so far. There *should* be rewards for being a loyal customer.

Honestly what I use my CC for are account wide unlocks for emotes, toys, etc. So yeah, I am spending my "allowance" on features that should be in place for paying customers anyway. (note that I do not mind having to acquire emotes, moods, toys, etc from the GTN, but having to unlock them on several characters is... well extreme, in my humble opinion.)

Edited by Zharik

I agree that the unlocks should be discounted for subs. There should be varied rates depending on which tier of player you are. Subs should get the cheapest unlocks, then preferred/premium players, and free to play, should pay the full price.

Well, I must say I was a sub to this game since day one, and (with one month of exception due to medical problems), I've been ever since. Now, lately I feel more and more betrayed by Bioware.

First of all: Is it just me, or are the prices on GTN getting more expensive by the month? Now, let's look what I get:

I get actually no limit on my FP's and my PvP, which is quite nice. That's what I pay a sub for. But, let's be honest, the 600 CC are actually worth nothing these days. You can buy 1 Cartel pack from it, and if you aren't one of the extremely lucky sort then there's no valuable in it. Last pack I got was some emote that I sold for 20.000 and a few crafting mats, together with an armor bracer that sold for 15.000. So, I made 35.000 credits...wow...that's nothing, really.

Now, there were a few new releases during the last weeks. There was a new Lightsaber, which is 400 CC. The problem here is that, for every of those Lightsabers I want, I need to pay the full price. My main is a Sentinel, that means if I'd really like it, I'd have to buy two of them for a matching set. But I can't with my monthly allowance. This way, Bioware forces us to buy new CC.

It'll be the same way with the Temple Guardian armor. It'll be priced at ~1.250 Cartel Coins for the whole set, I garantue it. Now, I have an allowance of 600 CC a month. Does that mean I actually need to wait 2 whole months as a sub until I can get that new set? Sorry, but that is just plain ridicolous. Now, one might suggest "If you want it, you're gonna spend money on it!". I'm already spending money on this game because I like it, giving away a set monthly fee to play this game without the restrictions imposed on F2P.

I mean, look at the Cartel market. A new regeneration emote is priced at 600, a simple mask is priced at 460. I'm feeling like a little kid. I got enough credits for ONE thing, and ONE thing only.

The 600 bucks were good when the Cartel market was still young and most of the stuff was priced at around 300-280. But with the change of price it's simply not as valuable anymore.

I'd also suggest an addition on the months of susbscription. The idea of a stagging amount was good. "You've been a continous sub for 6 months. As a way of saying thanks, you'll now receive 50 Cartel Coins extra per subbed month.". This should stack up to a maximum of 1.250 - 1.300. Not more. That's a whole set of armor or three Cartel packs per Month, that's way then enough. Heck, I'd even be alright with two, so around 800 CC. But I think 600 CC aren't simply that usable anymore.

Now, there were a few new releases during the last weeks. There was a new Lightsaber, which is 400 CC. The problem here is that, for every of those Lightsabers I want, I need to pay the full price. My main is a Sentinel, that means if I'd really like it, I'd have to buy two of them for a matching set. But I can't with my monthly allowance. This way, Bioware forces us to buy new CC..

Actually you can just buy one for that character and collect a second via collections for free. If the item is bound to that character, you don't need to unlock it account wide to get a second one.

Actually you can just buy one for that character and collect a second via collections for free. If the item is bound to that character, you don't need to unlock it account wide to get a second one.

Yup, that's how I did with my Sentinel too when I got him a cartel saber off the GTN. And if you ever want to use them for other toons, you can unlock it in collections. Though while I don't know the price for those 400CC saber to unlock, so far all weapons I've got in Collections are priced at 240... which does mean that combined with the initial purchase you have more than 600 coins :/

(And eh, the 600 -- or less depending on what kind of sub plan you go for -- really don't get you much. either one thing off the market -- one cheap thing -- or 1 or 2 unlocks. unless you're unlucky and what you want to unlock is 600 CC or more... Only been playing four months and I've dropped more money on coins, because I get cranky when my dudes don't look the way I want them too and might have a slight lack of self control, than I've been paying for the sub <.< would be even more if I hadn't been paying for my friend's as well.)

Alright, then I stand corrected in this one. I was under the impression the weapons worked the same way the Destroyer armor, Valiant armor and the other stuff works. However, it does not change my point of view on the new release prices of things like the Temple Guardian armor and other stuff. Because those things can't be unlocked via paying. Edited by Alssaran

I agree that the unlocks should be discounted for subs. There should be varied rates depending on which tier of player you are. Subs should get the cheapest unlocks, then preferred/premium players, and free to play, should pay the full price.

Yes, please! Some of the prices are insane. Five bucks to unlock one pet? I understand 600 coins for some of the vehicles....but....clothes? Some 4 piece sets are 360 coins. I think that's too much. Same for pets and emotes. I wish those were all cheaper. I know I'd buy a lot more if they were.

Edited by blindxsecrets

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.