Enraged Defense

Middletons

So, I think we can all agree this ability needed some sort of buff as it wasn't really viable before. That being said, what were you thinking Bioware?

Not only does the Juggernaut / Knight already have Endure Pain. But on top of that they're given a CD which essentially heals them to full, health which they keep as well. Unlike say, Endure Pain and Undying Rage which has some sort of penalty which means you need to actually apply some form of planning before you pop the cooldown.

I suppose it could be compared to the kolto overload of Bounty Hunters / Troopers, but even then its not a close comparison as the health caps out at 35%. Unlike with Enraged Defense which heals for approximately (depending on if the heal crits, yes, it can crit) 3-5k per tick, and you're given 10 charges.

For PvE and tanking this ability is great, but it really shouldn't be as powerful as it is. Especially for the dps specs. No risk high reward cooldowns are the bane of PvP balance after all.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't understand this at all. Juggs had great defenses already, vigilance offense just needed a little polishing. Instead of fixing vigilance, they just gave all juggs an over the top move, makes absolutely no sense.

In PvE it isn't useful at all. Tank juggs never needed it, they were already the best defensive tank in the game, their main issue was holding aggro in groups (which after saber reflect became pretty easy), and dps juggs had the same problem that they do in PvP, their damage needed some polishing, but they were for the most part fine.

This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Yeah, I don't understand this at all. Juggs had great defenses already, vigilance offense just needed a little polishing. Instead of fixing vigilance, they just gave all juggs an over the top move, makes absolutely no sense.

In PvE it isn't useful at all. Tank juggs never needed it, they were already the best defensive tank in the game, their main issue was holding aggro in groups (which after saber reflect became pretty easy), and dps juggs had the same problem that they do in PvP, their damage needed some polishing, but they were for the most part fine.

This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Some people call Juggs really squishy. I have had people say that are just as soft as sentinels which is not the case. They are just not as sturdy as Powertechs. This is a odd change.

Some people call Juggs really squishy. I have had people say that are just as soft as sentinels which is not the case. They are just not as sturdy as Powertechs. This is a odd change.

Juggs definitely require a healer because they are the class that jumps into mid and puts pressure on the dps just like the marauder. But saber ward, saber reflect, endure pain and form dancing was more than enough defense for them and intercede was a perfect escape as well. I rarely see anyone do the latter 2 which would explain all the QQ. The ones who actually did do it were a pain to kill and a pleasure to heal.

And I think pretty much everyone agrees that PTs are the most OP class in the game (at least they were before 2.7).

Edited by sithBracer

I don't know if anybody really tested it, but as a jug tank I find it as useless as it was before (based on last 2 days). I do not get the 1/3rd of the numbers you mention above. It just doesn't do anything for me. Edited by tanerb

I don't know if anybody really tested it, but as a jug tank I find it as useless as it was before (based on last 2 days). I do not get the 1/3rd of the numbers you mention above. It just doesn't do anything for me.

Silence!

nerf juggs moar!

To clarify some things....

Those who say Juggs are squishier than maras bring up a good point: Maras have the best DCDs in game. No doubt about it.

I expect Focused Defense to be nerfed, but I like the idea of it. I'm getting about 30k heals from it at the moment.

But there's 1 thing ALL of you don't realize and/or are forgetting. We can ONLY get healed if we take damage. So learn to deal with the changes, watch for when they pop it, and swap. You had to do the same thing with Sorcs when Force Barrier came out.

Ahh...you bring up a good point. DPS, imo, doesn't matter for PvP. What matters is objectives. And to have a high dps, means you basically have to sit and fight ALL the time, which some maps this is fine.

As with any statistic, you can make it look good or bad.

Don't read this the wrong way. Obviously with higher dps, the higher the Total DMG. But sometimes you have to guard, sometimes you have to run across the map for call outs, etc. I don't pay attention to dps. Biggest hit and Total DMG is what I look for.

Ever see a tank do more damage than most dps? Its not that his dps is high. Its because he survived long enough to do more, in a longer amount of time.

I don't know if anybody really tested it, but as a jug tank I find it as useless as it was before (based on last 2 days). I do not get the 1/3rd of the numbers you mention above. It just doesn't do anything for me.

What? How did you not notice this?

My JK loves the new Focused Defense. Not sure if it's working as intended, but whatever. lol

And to have a high dps, means you basically have to sit and fight ALL the time, which some maps this is fine.

If you are a DPS and not trying to fight as much as you can, you are doing something wrong (except if you are nodeguarding ofc).

So, I think we can all agree this ability needed some sort of buff as it wasn't really viable before. That being said, what were you thinking Bioware?

Not only does the Juggernaut / Knight already have Endure Pain. But on top of that they're given a CD which essentially heals them to full, health which they keep as well. Unlike say, Endure Pain and Undying Rage which has some sort of penalty which means you need to actually apply some form of planning before you pop the cooldown.

I suppose it could be compared to the kolto overload of Bounty Hunters / Troopers, but even then its not a close comparison as the health caps out at 35%. Unlike with Enraged Defense which heals for approximately (depending on if the heal crits, yes, it can crit) 3-5k per tick, and you're given 10 charges.

For PvE and tanking this ability is great, but it really shouldn't be as powerful as it is. Especially for the dps specs. No risk high reward cooldowns are the bane of PvP balance after all.

Is there at least a timer on the ten charges?

So you can stun them and come back when the god mode is over like maras or PT's?

If not , it needs to be toned down.