Update 2.7 Forged Alliances Story Theories (Contains spoilers) Whats yours?

Darth_Exar

Never. I don't get why people want Revan to die. Why would you? 1. He looks, acts and feels B.A.

Revan has nothing B.A. about him in this game.

He was really B.A. back in KotoR, where he did things because he could, know that they determined, that he was just a mere puppet of the emperor at the time he started the war on the jedi, his B.A.ness is gone.

I loved Revan in KotoR and imo giving him a face and further advancing his storyline that way were mistakes, that's why I want them to let him rest already.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the state of the game's population and where it may be headed....I think this story arc is going to lead to something a lot of players will hate/love:

I presume this series will conclude with an explanation as to why the Republic is going to team up with the Empire in future flashpoints/operations/etc. (BWs way of announcing co-faction Operations).

Though I have absolutely no way to prove this besides observations of the game around us.

Edited by Lexlo

My thoughts:

A: Darth Arkous is clearly looking for something else, an artifact of some kind which he thought was hidden inside the Jedi Temple, artifacts of such importance are always kept in secret and sealed, but it wasn't the case, as shown by his dissappointment at the end of Assault on Tython. It could be one of the Phobis devices? Or perhaps a souvenir from the incursion to Dromund Kaas, when the Hero of Tython "killed" the Emperor?

B: Lana Beniko says there's something big going on, she feels a disturbance in the force like she's never felt before. Wait. EVER? ok let's re-cap: Euphrades, Emperor's "death", Revan's "death", the release of the Dread Masters and what they unleashed after that (Karagga, Denova, Asation, Darvannis, CZ-198 and then Oricon), plus a bunch of atrocities that happened on each story arc. There's gonna be something bigger than the Dread Masters?! holy crap.

C: It makes me think that Arkous is after some powerful artifact, for himself or an organization. The way he speaks, and the way he talks to the Imperial party makes me think he's doing this alone, and he's going to do what he thinks it's best for an empire without a ruler: become one. The Dark Council hasn't spoken yet, and Darth Marr hasn't shown his face for this conflict.

Hopefully, this arc will be something brand new picking up an old story ending, such as Revan's death, The Emperor or Dread Masters.

Looking forward to it!

Edited by SikeruT

B: Lana Beniko says there's something big going on, she feels a disturbance in the force like she's never felt before. Wait. EVER? ok let's re-cap: Euphrades, Emperor's "death", Revan's "death", the release of the Dread Masters and what they unleashed after that (Karagga, Denova, Asation, Darvannis, CZ-198 and then Oricon), plus a bunch of atrocities that happened on each story arc. There's gonna be something bigger than the Dread Masters?! holy crap.

The inquisitor (and maybe warrior, didnt try that yet) can question her, saying they can't feel it and she replies it must be linked to her, personally. So it doesn't mean it's much bigger than the dread masters or whatever. Just that it must be pretty bad, and personal.

Well as an imp agent, you get a mail message from Terminis (anagram of minister) who states that an old enemy has come out of hiding. The sender is most likely keeper/minister of intelligence. It will be interesting to see how elements from the agent's storyline (like the star cabal mentioned above) come into play.

What if it was actually all these theories all together. What if forged alliances was meant for the alliances between class enemies.

Joking aside.

I think it is some crazy background character we have never hear of and they come looking for and old force weapon and eventually we have to stop it from becoming unleashed because everyone will die.

Edited by MegatronShredder

What if it was actually all these theories all together. What if forged alliances was meant for the alliances between class enemies.

Joking aside.

I think it is some crazy background character we have never hear of and they come looking for and old force weapon and eventually we have to stop it from becoming unleashed because everyone will die.

Not die but surely under the control of Abstergo... Errrr... I mean, Umbrella Corporation... Errrrr... I mean...

The Revanites.

After I saw the cutscenes I could only form one theory

The zealots of both sides are being 'guided' by an Unknown Entity™ into the invevitable conflict of War! Heros of both sides must unite to stop the destruction of the Entire Galaxy :eek: ! and as the storyline comes to it's climax, we learn that the Unknown Entity™ is The Ulitmate Evil™ of the Galaxy, the Empire and Rebublic learn to put aside their differences and work together as a New Republic!

or not....

I still think that the prophecy given to us by 'the General' from the very First (impside) FP will come true

" They are building doomsday machines, Shields that envelop planets "

"There will be bloodshed on a massive scale... and I will be part of it"

"In the beginning, yes, but you won't survive..... none of us will"

After I saw the cutscenes I could only form one theory

The zealots of both sides are being 'guided' by an Unknown Entity™ into the invevitable conflict of War! Heros of both sides must unite to stop the destruction of the Entire Galaxy :eek: ! and as the storyline comes to it's climax, we learn that the Unknown Entity™ is The Ulitmate Evil™ of the Galaxy, the Empire and Rebublic learn to put aside their differences and work together as a New Republic!

or not....

I still think that the prophecy given to us by 'the General' from the very First (impside) FP will come true

" They are building doomsday machines, Shields that envelop planets "

"There will be bloodshed on a massive scale... and I will be part of it"

"In the beginning, yes, but you won't survive..... none of us will"

That already happened.

Well as an imp agent, you get a mail message from Terminis (anagram of minister) who states that an old enemy has come out of hiding. The sender is most likely keeper/minister of intelligence. It will be interesting to see how elements from the agent's storyline (like the star cabal mentioned above) come into play.

read that message closely, he is talking about The Shroud

I haven't been able to formulate anything other than the Jedi at the end of the Rep side line acts very un-jedi like. You're just left with the feeling that something really screwy is going on. That, and the fact the sith addresses him like they know each other.

Now I know this is a bit of a far reach but after playing through Forged Alliances on the Imp side, all the time while I was playing on my Sniper and I was just thinking.....If the attack on Tython and Korriban were "planned" by someone on the outside and they have "ulterior motives", to me it just screamed conspiracy theory. So here are some ideas.

Theory 1: Return of the Star Cabal

We know at the end of the Imperial Agent story you basically dismantle the Star Cabal, however the Minister of Intelligence states that there are some remaining survivors that fled during their destruction. They could have made copies of the data within the Cabal and now be starting the cycle all over again manipulating both sides. We meet a new Sith who we have never heard of as the Minister of Military Offence who just happens to know the in's and out's of basically everything and happens to know there is a particular artifact located on Tython without Imperial Intelligence and based on a "trusted source" who he doesn't like to disclose.... Also we have both factions humiliating each causing low moral rates. Again its still a far stretch but a possibility.

Theory 2: Return of the Emperor

This seems to be the favored theory. Both Darth Arkous and the Jedi who was slain in the dark council chamber obliviously know there is something larger at work here, every time I hear that Jedi saying "I've served my purpose so soon" or whatever he says it just sounds to me like hes totally brainwashed (that is personal opinion of course). Also with Arkous, his "lackey" and the Jedi on Korriban trying to find secret artifacts locked away from the Sith and may be an indication of the Emperor attempting to find a new body through a forbidden......world consuming ritual *cough*. Again this trusted source Arkous refers to makes an appearance. What I find odd though is the tie in with Lana, she states that she is somehow linked with this "ulterior motive" i.e the Emperor's return yet The Emperor's Wrath and Darth Nox (or his other titles) feel no disturbance at all, yet they served him. As we know from the Jedi Knight story the Emperor is attempting to consume the galaxy, killing everything in it.....So it just made me laugh when I saw the title "Forged Alliances"....I wonder what will come next.

Theory 3: Im just going nuts and its just a simple flashpoint storyline.

The sub title pretty much sums it up.

So what are your theories ?

OR maybe that the sith is trying to do the same stunt AS Darth Malgus pull off BUT failed.

Edited by ScionOfSurtr

Now I know this is a bit of a far reach but after playing through Forged Alliances on the Imp side, all the time while I was playing on my Sniper and I was just thinking.....If the attack on Tython and Korriban were "planned" by someone on the outside and they have "ulterior motives", to me it just screamed conspiracy theory. So here are some ideas.

We know at the end of the Imperial Agent story you basically dismantle the Star Cabal, however the Minister of Intelligence states that there are some remaining survivors that fled during their destruction. They could have made copies of the data within the Cabal and now be starting the cycle all over again manipulating both sides. We meet a new Sith who we have never heard of as the Minister of Military Offence who just happens to know the in's and out's of basically everything and happens to know there is a particular artifact located on Tython without Imperial Intelligence and based on a "trusted source" who he doesn't like to disclose.... Also we have both factions humiliating each causing low moral rates. Again its still a far stretch but a possibility.

Theory 2: Return of the Emperor

This seems to be the favored theory. Both Darth Arkous and the Jedi who was slain in the dark council chamber obliviously know there is something larger at work here, every time I hear that Jedi saying "I've served my purpose so soon" or whatever he says it just sounds to me like hes totally brainwashed (that is personal opinion of course). Also with Arkous, his "lackey" and the Jedi on Korriban trying to find secret artifacts locked away from the Sith and may be an indication of the Emperor attempting to find a new body through a forbidden......world consuming ritual *cough*. Again this trusted source Arkous refers to makes an appearance. What I find odd though is the tie in with Lana, she states that she is somehow linked with this "ulterior motive" i.e the Emperor's return yet The Emperor's Wrath and Darth Nox (or his other titles) feel no disturbance at all, yet they served him. As we know from the Jedi Knight story the Emperor is attempting to consume the galaxy, killing everything in it.....So it just made me laugh when I saw the title "Forged Alliances"....I wonder what will come next.

Theory 3: Im just going nuts and its just a simple flashpoint storyline.

The sub title pretty much sums it up.

Theory one blown to bits as they were trying get rid of the jedi and sith.

and

and it wasn't Darth Arkous who died in it but i'm not telling what sith was it.

Edited by ScionOfSurtr

Revanites. Look at the abilities of the nuatolan jedi on Tython: purple circles that prelude rocks falling from above; and the Jedi at end of Korriban: "I'm not just a Jedi..." Who does that sound like?

The most likely intent is to seat Revan as the new emperor.

Revanites. Look at the abilities of the nuatolan jedi on Tython: purple circles that prelude rocks falling from above; and the Jedi at end of Korriban: "I'm not just a Jedi..." Who does that sound like?

The most likely intent is to seat Revan as the new emperor.

Master Oric never seemed to be involved in the conspiracy IMHO, unlike Jensyn, Arkous and Darok.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 3 weeks later...
as far as Lana, the only real sith that are not concerned with titles (if you talk to her about her not being a lord) are the Children of the Emperor, my suspicions are shes one of the Children manipulating both sides for her Father.

My theory may be far fetched but:

Darth Arkous wanted a specific artifact --the retrieval of a Rakata artifact.

On the imperial side the device with the Rakata mind trap if I remember correctly could be done one of two ways:

(1) Hand back for furture study

(2) Kept by (yourself)

What if they went with the story line that the Rakata devise was given to the imperial bureau and they began investigating it and discover that there were more Rakata devices and that is what they were looking for.

It could be they are looking to bring the Rakata back as a power in itself.

Now that is my theory whether it is true or not only time will tell.

Have a good weekend.

Every class gets a letter after completing the chain referring to their class story. They may be writing individual chapter 5 stories and the accompanying FPs could be "tactical" depending upon party members for the story you play.

Or the forged alliances part making cross faction tactical FPs. But it makes sense to involve Revan since he didn't die and he is neither light nor dark and only wanrs to stop the Emperor from destroying the galaxy.

The Yuuzhan Vong. That would be quite a twist.

The Empire, Republic, and who knows who else would really need to "forge an alliance" to fight them.

Anyway, it was confirmed somewhere that the "big" expansion this year (3.0) will be Forged Alliances related...

• 5 weeks later...

The Star Cabal was one of my favorite groups in-game, so this could just be me hoping without cause. However, I do think the Agents "Terminus" message (Who I think is the minister) cryptically mentioned the Shroud. The Dark Council member in the Korriban Incursion (Pub Side) mentioned "the Old Man" which sounds to me like the Shroud. Tne Shroud wants to bring down both Republic and Empire, and although I haven't fully played his story (macrobinoculars), that sounds like the Star Cabal to me.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of my looser theories.

The Star Cabal was one of my favorite groups in-game, so this could just be me hoping without cause. However, I do think the Agents "Terminus" message (Who I think is the minister) cryptically mentioned the Shroud. The Dark Council member in the Korriban Incursion (Pub Side) mentioned "the Old Man" which sounds to me like the Shroud. Tne Shroud wants to bring down both Republic and Empire, and although I haven't fully played his story (macrobinoculars), that sounds like the Star Cabal to me.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of my looser theories.

You're completely off-track, at least as far as the Shroud is concerned.

Heh. I'm a little late on this one, but I'm going with the Star Cabal as well. With out getting to spoilery, I think that it is obvious that the Star Cabal is to vast a network to think it could be eliminated in one confrontation.

The fact that the tendrils of this conspiracy reached both the pub and the imp side simultaniously seems to easily lend itself to the Star Cabal story.

Why would the Star Cabal push the issue now and in this way? My guess is that the events that transpired in the Agent story and later Makeb and Oricon forced the Cabal to drastic action.

Heh. I'm a little late on this one, but I'm going with the Star Cabal as well. With out getting to spoilery, I think that it is obvious that the Star Cabal is to vast a network to think it could be eliminated in one confrontation.

The fact that the tendrils of this conspiracy reached both the pub and the imp side simultaniously seems to easily lend itself to the Star Cabal story.

Why would the Star Cabal push the issue now and in this way? My guess is that the events that transpired in the Agent story and later Makeb and Oricon forced the Cabal to drastic action.

You're wrong.