Glad I have a 55 sorc to play ...

StrikePrice

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

plus dont forget... 75% of your sorc attacks root in place. the other 25% of sorc attacks slow. but then it's mostly one-button with force lightning anyways so boom!

Madness only has one root and it is on the top of the tree. Lightning has only the KB root, also very high up on the tree.

You are confusing them with snipers.

I have a sage usually run balance haven't had a chance to test the changes yet

Becuase I've been having too much fun on my vilgiance guardian

It's been 1 day since patch and the tears are flowing the sage/sorc I've faced in wz arenas last night

Died just as fast as they did pre patch.

No, I stopped playing op healer since mid 2.4 because I found it boring. Most of 2.4, I played on my shadow-way before they even announced any changes to it. In 2.5 and 2.6 I was mostly playing my madness sorc and my shadow. In 2.6 lowbies on my assassin and my mando as well as my madness sorc and shadow and some concealment-before they announced the renerfs. I wasn't aware those classes were FOTM in 2.4-2.6. AFAIR that was the marauder and PT, your classes.

Apparently your memory is bad. I don't play OP classes or specs, unlike you. I don't let my OP class bias dictate whether something is balanced or not. I dispute your opinions, you dispute my facts. Healers are no where near subjected to the amount of debuffs that DPS gets, and absolutely not subjected to DFCD. That's what is known as an imbalance friend.

So let's review, you play OP classes and I don't, but I'm bad?

Cool story bro?

How? By magic? They did not increase the damage of ANY abilities. So how are they doing 'way more damage' than other DPS specs?

Sigh. I probably shouldn't argue with people like you because it doesn't matter what I say.

The changes to madness and lightning spec have opened up a hybrid spec. Was this hybrid in the game before? Yes. However, the procs weren't reliable enough to use it. Now, with all the random rolls out of the way it, a new spec is born, a spec that pumps out the damage.

Edited by JaingSkiratapwns

I don't think sorcs are OP but since people here have, pretty consistently, said that they will be we now have five on every team. And 90 % of them are just trying to farm damage. In basically every game I've had I've been tunneled by a band of loser sorcs, to the point that it makes me wonder if they're trying to prove something. The fact that they lose their games don't seem to bother them. It's all about standing on the same pipe in the new crappy HB arena for ten minutes.

So i blame the idiots on this site. If you had kept your mounths shut it would have been cool. You pulled the same crap with maras. Both are an accumulative problem, people catch wind of something and all of a sudden you have X of a class in very warzone, all thinking that they can set some new record on what people here call the new fotm.

Edited by MidichIorian

No, any dps class with a guard is wrecking ball, maras and pts are basically gods due to their native cooldowns.

I've run around on my infiltration shadow guarded by my tank friend, I never died, pulled top damage, cut through the enemy team - I've done the same on my sage/sorc, mara/sent, jugg/guardian... etc, etc.

You know how you deal with a guarded healer, your tank jumps in pushes the tank away (or pulls), stuns the healer, and your dps blow up the now unguarded healer.

Teamwork vs teamwork, it's an awesome concept.

Yep, teamwork is an awesome concept, but that you can't take your example and apply it universally. If a healer tank combo is that easy, then that combo got some L2P issues. As a tank, your role is to not be separated from your guard and you have the tools to do so.

Anyway, you can't say that Sages need a boost, and simultaneously nerf one of the few pressure specs. The reason people think they are not in a good place is because they are comparing it to OPS. That doesn't mean they were in a bad place, so you need to proceed with caution with any buffs. This change was for Arenas, which no one plays. We'll see how it pans out but on paper, its unneeded unless you like stalemates, which are.... um stale....

I revised your statement for accuracy :p

If I had kept a main class, I'd be a scoundrel, the laughing stock of the pvp community. Nice try though. I've played scoundrel at the start, realized how terrible it was post nerf, and switched to sniper and sorc.

Edited by JaingSkiratapwns

If I had kept a main class, I'd be a scoundrel, the laughing stock of the pvp community. Nice try though. I've played scoundrel at the start, realized how terrible it was post nerf, and switched to sniper and sorc.

Not sure though. The laughing stock would be the player, not the AC? and if the AC were indeed laughing stock, it would be on BW not on the player? Either way; I made my first alt a couple of weeks ago, 1 of the "weak classes""weak specs" - we'll see if I can get him top-tier ranked rewards at end of season 2, like some of the Ohh-So UP-Sorcs managed to...

Yeeee!

Edited by Seengularity

These were small QoL changes mostly for Sorcerers. The main buff to Sorcs was the nerf to others.

QFT

The buff to sustained damage has not gone in with this patch as they were only discussing it. Ideas were to perhaps link Focal Lightning with an increase in damage to Force Lightning channel, with each stack.

What has gone in, are quality of life changes, like making Force Barrier effective and usable, and taking RNG away from procs. Force Speed root break at the cost of dps output and so on.

The biggest thing that changed to sorcs is that other classes are being balanced down to their level.

Sigh. I probably shouldn't argue with people like you because it doesn't matter what I say.

The changes to madness and lightning spec have opened up a hybrid spec. Was this hybrid in the game before? Yes. However, the procs weren't reliable enough to use it. Now, with all the random rolls out of the way it, a new spec is born, a spec that pumps out the damage.

Still doesn't explain how this mystical hybrid is out-damaging all other DPS specs when it wasn't able to do so on PTS.

Yep, teamwork is an awesome concept, but that you can't take your example and apply it universally. If a healer tank combo is that easy, then that combo got some L2P issues. As a tank, your role is to not be separated from your guard and you have the tools to do so.

Anyway, you can't say that Sages need a boost, and simultaneously nerf one of the few pressure specs. The reason people think they are not in a good place is because they are comparing it to OPS. That doesn't mean they were in a bad place, so you need to proceed with caution with any buffs. This change was for Arenas, which no one plays. We'll see how it pans out but on paper, its unneeded unless you like stalemates, which are.... um stale....

Operative healers were as easy to blow through as any of the other healers, do it every single day, and I mean every single day; there are handful of op/scoundrel healers that are challenging to take down, the rest simply last a few more GCDs than a sorc healer

Smash really was not the biggest challenge to healers, it was a number farming spec that punished people for clumping, most healers that I know never worried about smash because their damage came in waves that gave healers time to recover (unless people clumped up...). You know what healers hate... powertechs (stupid burst + control + decent pressure damage) deception sins (crazy burst and constant cc) white barred carnage marauders (beserk gore ravage + scream crit...., constant roots...) any form of focus fire and cc.

It's funny that you talk about tanks having it easy, that all they need to do is stay near their healer... good tanks don't stand beside their guarded healer and soak up their damage, they control the battlefield using their CC, they assist with finishing off targets, and they swap guard to prevent damage spikes - "good" tanks are hard to find because they are required to multi-task more than any other role.

You make a claim that healers do not have to deal with any many debuffs as dps... I disagree, healers have a constant 30% reduction in heals (trauma) 25% trauma debuff from snipers/maras, bonus damage scaling better than bonus healing due to stat creep (This is exaggerated due to bolster since our main/off hand are bolstered to top tier pve gear, but our hp pools do not scale), and finally they are dependent on other players to cushion burst damage through intelligent use of DCDs, taunts, and guard (player intelligence is the ultimate debuff) because healers are not designed to be able to heal through burst in and of themselves (if you removed guard/taunt healers would need massive buffs).

TLDR: dsping in this game is easier now than it has ever been, healers only appear to be OP due to teamwork and/or a lack of coordination from the enemy team.

Apparently your memory is bad. I don't play OP classes or specs, unlike you. I don't let my OP class bias dictate whether something is balanced or not.

I play op classes? Which classes do I play that were so OP until now?

Is it my sorc? AFAIK that class was so under powered it got its own ironic "nerf sorcs" topic.

Is it my shadow? While not exactly under powered it is pretty far from OP.

My dps mando? You must be joking.

My concealment op?

Ah yes ... you're talking about my op healer, whom I haven't healed with since 2.4, who I actually admitted is OP on MANY threads. The one I said should not have access to a 30s stun, whose flash bang should be nerfed and whose energy system needs reworking. Right ... I am soooooo biased there.

I dispute your opinions, you dispute my facts.

Facts? All you do is whine that healers are un-killable because of their healing. I'm pretty sure that a lot of decent players have already disproved that "fact".

Healers are no where near subjected to the amount of debuffs that DPS gets, and absolutely not subjected to DFCD. That's what is known as an imbalance friend.

And at the same time, healers are forced to cast their biggest heals, and any instants are almost always pretty low end. My concealment and my sorc got smashed for 10k+ on a regular basis, and I got more than a few 12k mauls against sorcs-with procs. But that's not imbalance?

So let's review, you play OP classes and I don't, but I'm bad?

No, you play a marauder and you still can't kill a healer, that's why you're bad.

I don't think sorcs are OP but since people here have, pretty consistently, said that they will be we now have five on every team. And 90 % of them are just trying to farm damage. In basically every game I've had I've been tunneled by a band of loser sorcs, to the point that it makes me wonder if they're trying to prove something. The fact that they lose their games don't seem to bother them. It's all about standing on the same pipe in the new crappy HB arena for ten minutes.

So i blame the idiots on this site. If you had kept your mounths shut it would have been cool. You pulled the same crap with maras. Both are an accumulative problem, people catch wind of something and all of a sudden you have X of a class in very warzone, all thinking that they can set some new record on what people here call the new fotm.

This. Sorcs aren't unbalanced. They're just over-represented because of all the hype. It was the same hype that got smash-spec Nerfed to hell, which was unnecessary as that was an easy spec to shut down (at least, easy for some specs to shut down). As long as they're over-represented and hunting for damage, they'll look better than they actually are.

Been pvping all day today. Only class that seems to have gotten a real, noticeable buff is guardian/jugg. That focused defense is baller.

PS un-nerf Undying Rage/Guarded by the Force!