The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make rep item drops greed/pass only (not needable)

WhyNot

As in the title, please change all reputation item drops to only be greedable and passable so that nobody can "need" them. I'm getting tired of others ninja'ing them with need after everyone else greeds them (especially in the cz-198 tactical flashpoints).

Um, no. The Need/Greed/Pass system works perfectly well for rep items.

If I haven't maxed out my rep yet, I "Need" on the rep item.

If I have maxed out my rep, I "Greed" on the rep item since I can still sell it (hence "Greed"), but I don't mind at all if it goes to someone who hasn't maxed out their rep yet.

If I'm feeling charitable, I'll pass.

Just roll "Need" yourself if you are still trying to gain rep for it.

I'm with the OP for an "I want this, because I can use it right now" or "I can't use this right now", option.

Or at least being able to change your mind after some other jackhole needs after you greed on a rep item.

Say at the start of the Flashpoint "I am needing the rep items to increase my rep, if you would like them for the same reason you should also need" and just need them. It's non ninjaing if you announce beforehand what you're doing. Edited by Paintcheck

As in the title, please change all reputation item drops to only be greedable and passable so that nobody can "need" them. I'm getting tired of others ninja'ing them with need after everyone else greeds them (especially in the cz-198 tactical flashpoints).

Boo Who did someone not read the fine print in the game manual of how things work in an MMO?

Boo Who did someone not read the fine print in the game manual of how things work in an MMO?

I know perfectly well how things work in MMOs. In fact, other MMOs (WoW included) stopped letting people need on rep drops a while back. It's a poor loot system that makes it so easy for players to abuse it. And, it's common courtesy to greed on things that pretty much everyone (who wouldn't be passing) could use equally well.

Um, no. The Need/Greed/Pass system works perfectly well for rep items.

If I haven't maxed out my rep yet, I "Need" on the rep item.

If I have maxed out my rep, I "Greed" on the rep item since I can still sell it (hence "Greed"), but I don't mind at all if it goes to someone who hasn't maxed out their rep yet.

If I'm feeling charitable, I'll pass.

Just roll "Need" yourself if you are still trying to gain rep for it.

I think that the CZ-198 records that drop are bind on pickup, but not sure. I probably will start telling everyone at the start of the flashpoints to need on rep items if they aren't capped yet.

simple solution is to just always need. And you do need certain amount of rep to get gear and crafting schematics.

exactly

I always wait for PUG to hit what they want and then follow suit

If they roll need, so do I

If they roll greed, so do I

if they hold back rolling trying to out wait me (tricking me to roll greed so they can need after) I roll need before timer ends.

No need for special rule set,

just follow PUG roll styles

exactly

I always wait for PUG to hit what they want and then follow suit

If they roll need, so do I

If they roll greed, so do I

if they hold back rolling trying to out wait me (tricking me to roll greed so they can need after) I roll need before timer ends.

No need for special rule set,

just follow PUG roll styles

another good point just don't run with PUG or run solo on Voss and Makeb so tube rep items drops are all hrs alone.

Boo Who cry baby ur idea won't happen and stop crying go use ur credits in GTN to get the rep items or man up and need on it noob

Don't know about all the rep drops, but I double-checked that the CZ-198 lab records that drop are indeed bind-on-pickup. So, they can't be sold or bought on GTN.:rod_confused_p:

Where did you get anything like that from what I've posted. My suggestion has nothing to do with differences between f2p & sub accounts, the problem and suggested solution affect all account types equally.

There is no problem unless u nice players like ruining MMOs like u did ion WOW and others where the economy is driven by OP items and other things that are easily come by for ppl to make cash noob.

Why would you "greed" on something that you need? If my reputation isn't maxed, of course I "need" on rep items. That's what the button is for, there's no difference to "need"/"greed" on gear.

Thank you for pointing out the most common sense thing about the loot system to the OP buddy.

Where did you get anything like that from what I've posted. My suggestion has nothing to do with differences between f2p & sub accounts, the problem and suggested solution affect all account types equally.

Put him on ignore. He is just a really bad troll.

Why would you "greed" on something that you need? If my reputation isn't maxed, of course I "need" on rep items. That's what the button is for, there's no difference to "need"/"greed" on gear.

Either way, there's no point to having both need and greed available for rep items. If you're maxed on that rep, then you shouldn't need or greed because they are bind-on-pickup and you can't use them; in that case, if you win it, all you are doing is preventing someone else from raising his/her rep, which is a jerk thing to do. Common courtesy would be to not need on things for which nearly everyone (at least those not capped) have use. Also, rep items are different than gear in that, without prior arrangement, you should only need on gear for which your own character's current role has use; most gear can be used for off-spec or a companion and can at least be sold to a vendor, and thus, if you have any use of them, greeding is fine; I think that most of the rep items can't be sold.

So, in addition to removing need on rep items, it would be nice if those who have already maxed their rep would automatically pass on items that they can no longer use.

Either way, there's no point to having both need and greed available for rep items. If you're maxed on that rep, then you shouldn't need or greed because they are bind-on-pickup and you can't use them; in that case, if you win it, all you are doing is preventing someone else from raising his/her rep, which is a jerk thing to do. Common courtesy would be to not need on things for which nearly everyone (at least those not capped) have use. Also, rep items are different than gear in that, without prior arrangement, you should only need on gear for which your own character's current role has use; most gear can be used for off-spec or a companion and can at least be sold to a vendor, and thus, if you have any use of them, greeding is fine; I think that most of the rep items can't be sold.

So, in addition to removing need on rep items, it would be nice if those who have already maxed their rep would automatically pass on items that they can no longer use.

The problem with passing is that when everybody chooses to pass, the first person looting the boss will get the item.

That's why I greed on the rep tokens I don't need anymore.

That's just not true because all Rep items can be sold to vendors - it's the only purpose they serve for a character after you've maxed that reputation.

This isn't complicated:

If you are still grinding reputation: Roll "Need" on the item.

If you are only interested in the item for the credits it will sell for: Roll "Greed" on the item.

If you are not interested in the credits or are just feeling charitable: "Pass" on the item.

The current three options map perfectly onto the only functions that rep items can possibly serve.

Mmm...

I think I would pass in this suggestion, for at the beginning a player could state the reason for their needding up front, I do that all the time when it may seem arbitrary. For instance I am trying to collect the Pristine Exemplar gear set, so before we begin, I make my intentions clear. The same would be true for anytthing else.

Frankly, with regard to rep items, if I am still trying to max my rep, I would always consider it a need item, and have no reason to fault anyone else for needed if they are building their rep up. While I am sure, some may lie about their rep and need it to sell later, can't be helped.

When I think of developer resources to make the change you suggest, I would think those resources would be best invested in fixing the many bugs this game is plagued with.

Sue

I disagree on rep tokens not having a need option. I'm gonna use two reps as an example of how i do it.

KDY

I have maxed out the rep on this, so i always roll greed. I don't need the reputation so i do not need roll, but i can sell it for credits (hence greed), while at the same time someone who still has not finished the rep grind can roll need and take my selection out of the equation, perfectly fair as i am giving anyone that can use the item the option to choose a higher priority roll and cancel me out.

CZ

I have not finished this rep yet so i roll need. I need tokens to max out my rep to get access to the higher level rep vendor gear, so thus need is a legitimate roll.

Now there are always going to be ninja looters in games, instead of removing need from it, i would suggest that once you have maxed the rep you loose the option to need roll, that way only people who still have rep left to max can roll need on them.

Mmm...

I think I would pass in this suggestion, for at the beginning a player could state the reason for their needding up front, I do that all the time when it may seem arbitrary. For instance I am trying to collect the Pristine Exemplar gear set, so before we begin, I make my intentions clear. The same would be true for anytthing else.

Frankly, with regard to rep items, if I am still trying to max my rep, I would always consider it a need item, and have no reason to fault anyone else for needed if they are building their rep up. While I am sure, some may lie about their rep and need it to sell later, can't be helped.

When I think of developer resources to make the change you suggest, I would think those resources would be best invested in fixing the many bugs this game is plagued with.

Sue

Agreed

I disagree on rep tokens not having a need option. I'm gonna use two reps as an example of how i do it.

KDY

I have maxed out the rep on this, so i always roll greed. I don't need the reputation so i do not need roll, but i can sell it for credits (hence greed), while at the same time someone who still has not finished the rep grind can roll need and take my selection out of the equation, perfectly fair as i am giving anyone that can use the item the option to choose a higher priority roll and cancel me out.

CZ

I have not finished this rep yet so i roll need. I need tokens to max out my rep to get access to the higher level rep vendor gear, so thus need is a legitimate roll.

Now there are always going to be ninja looters in games, instead of removing need from it, i would suggest that once you have maxed the rep you loose the option to need roll, that way only people who still have rep left to max can roll need on them.

Much better idea give ppl a chance to get the items

keep crying to the forums about losing ur make rep items will missioning in a group, unwritten rule in MMO rep items=need rolls.

Edited by RazorClawObi
spelling