Makeb - why

Amilyne

@TarisKnight It turns out that I was just simply under geared for the missions I was doing. Once I changed my gear I breezed through the rest of the quest.

I'm one of the people that loves to do the story slowly and as many quest and side quest as possible. Especially because this is my first toon so the experience is amazing.

You could also try changing up your solo play style.

My sage hit Makeb at level 47. (thats when you can first pick up the story line)

She's specc'd for healing so I just send in my companion and keep the healing flowing. Now bear in mind I hit a roadblock not far into the story because you simply can't hit things above your level by more than a few.

And being your first toon, you won't have the presence bonus, which contrary to popular theory, does make a noticable difference beyond mid-level, especially as you unlock more companion stories.

My point is simply that healer+tank companion is probably the most forgiving by far combo for solo play.

Or healer + DPS - As a Sage gets Nadia Grell, who can wear your Willpower+End hand-me-downs, whereas Qyzen needs End+Aim to Tank.

You should also look at augmenting your gear too. - Mk-9 kits are the cheapest they've been on the Progenitor - At around 65K each. Even so it won't be cheap unless you have millions in the bank, or can make your own kits AND Augments!

Good luck. Makeb is a pain with the mobs. They put them in the roads so you take longer to complete it. - I'm convinced of that. - At the end of the story you should be able to solo the Makeb staged weekly for Elite Comms. - Though it is a bit of a grind. - Best done with a friend or two - So you can complete it in an hour or so, or get them to help you with the weekly on CZ-198 or Oricon - in about 1/2 hour. ' LFG' is your best friend!

Or healer + DPS - As a Sage gets Nadia Grell, who can wear your Willpower+End hand-me-downs, whereas Qyzen needs End+Aim to Tank.

You should also look at augmenting your gear too. - Mk-9 kits are the cheapest they've been on the Progenitor - At around 65K each. Even so it won't be cheap unless you have millions in the bank, or can make your own kits AND Augments!

Good luck. Makeb is a pain with the mobs. They put them in the roads so you take longer to complete it. - I'm convinced of that. - At the end of the story you should be able to solo the Makeb staged weekly for Elite Comms. - Though it is a bit of a grind. - Best done with a friend or two - So you can complete it in an hour or so, or get them to help you with the weekly on CZ-198 or Oricon - in about 1/2 hour. ' LFG' is your best friend!

Very true. Nadia makes an excellent companion. Some DPS have a hard time gaining aggro (HK especially) which can make some fights tricky.

The mechanics of the last boss in the story are also tricky IMHO for solo players.

Augments are good, but far from essential for Makeb. I wish the prices were falling so fast though. They've been my "bread and butter" for the past year now.

CZ-198 is very doable solo. Oricon is going to be a MAJOR headache solo unless you're already well geared.

• 2 weeks later...

Some great posts on here.

I find makeb to be a bit of a pain even with my ops geared 55's just down to the layout of it really. I thoroughly enjoyed the story missions though, as they require a little bit of thought which is always nice.

I would concur with the guys who tell you to run a bunch of CZ-198 weeklies and dailies as well as the daily tactical missions to grind basic comms to gear you up in no time.

A little trick (and i apologise if it has been mooted already) is to run a few weekly and daily WZ missions just as you are hitting 50 to get the Orbroan relics, implants and earpiece. I did this on my Sorceror at lvl 47 , and using either Khem Val or Talos, I breezed the earlier part of Makeb with groups of mobs all 3 levels higher than me, only stumbling on elites and bosses.

To grab a quick basic on Oricon though, just do the first mission (the rescue survivors one). You attack the first bunch of mobs you encounter, and pull them back to the base. There are Imperial NPC's there who'll help you massacre them, then go and break the escape pod hartch. Go back to base and repeat x 5. You'll recieve a litte rep too :) (and there's a travelpoint which zips you straight to CZ-198 straight after!).

Edited by scarlet_magpie
missed something