The Guardian that was advertised

Jedi_Trav

Dear Bioware,

For almost 3 years now I've waited and dreamed to play this game, not even just the game... but my Jedi Guardian. That entire time you've been making me fall in love with an arch-type that I don't believe is in the game currently. After reading these forums for a bit I now know I am not the only exetremly dissapointed Jedi Guardian out there. What am I talking about you ask?

Armor: I'm a level 22 defense Guardian and have been in cloth hooded robes since level 10. Jedi I have seen in their 30's look almost identical to me. On the forums I have also read Guardians 40+ reporting their in the same boat. I've browsed the commendation vendors, pvp vendors, I check the trade market several times a day, I camp Carrick station inspecting players, along with Warzones.. where is the heavy armor that has been shoved in our face for so long? I don't mind working for it, I just want to know it's there. No one I have talked to has seen any evidence it exists.

Hoods: In pre-November beta as a level 15 Guardian I had already used 2 (yes 2) hoodless robes. 1 was a commendation reward on Tython (now a blue tunic) and 1 was a heroic reward on Coruscant from Trouble in Deed (now a hooded tunic and cape).

I think alot of Guardians would like to know why almost every single Jedi Knight chest piece suddenly out of nowhere has hoods up? We know you understand the importance of hoods being down, because that is what you've used to spark interest and sell your game. What am I talking about you ask?

Decieved trailer- Master Zallow, and every other Jedi in the temple.

Return trailer- Zabrak Jedi Master.

Jedi Knight trailer- White haired Jedi female.

Jedi Knight progression video- Guardians in armor and hoodless robes.

Character creation screen for Jedi Knight.

The box the game comes in- Front and back.. Guardians in armor and hoodless robes.

Avatars on this very forum- Hoodless armored Jedi Guardians.

SWTOR website/classes/Jedi Knight- Filled with artwork of an archtype we cannot currently play.

Dozens of screenshots and concept art over the last 2 to 3 years.

If anyone has anything to add please feel free, I have a feeling I'm not alone in this. I really want to love my Jedi Knight like I did before I played the game.

While i would love to have a robe with a hood down, i wouldn't go as far as to say it is preventing me from playing my jedi Guardian Archetype. If a hood is all the concern is it's just yet another example of how Bioware refuses to give us more control over how we look.

I have a Jedi Sentinel and agree that the armor for Jedi Knights leaves a lot to be desired. I wore the Tython commendation armor (chest piece with no hood) into my 20s, even though I found hooded cloaks with better stats along the way.

To make matters worse, the JK looks ridiculous in these cloaks because their butt sticks out in a very unnatural way. In addition, having a hood up apparently makes them bald, so any hair style you chose when creating your character is totally negated. Really poor way to handle this.

The ONE thing every player is going to be looking at for 100% of the time they play this game is their character. I'm hoping they realize this sometime before I'm level 50 and still wearing some ridiculous outfit that looks worse than the gear I had at level 10.

If they put thick armor in, people complain about how the jedi's dont look like jedi's. They put cloth robes in like jedi have, and they complain that heavy armor shouldn't be cloth. I can't say I care about the hood at all, so whatever. There's always going to be somebody unhappy.