Devs: will there be premium models for the Asteroid?

Nemarus

I'm not really a fan of the model shown in the screenshots today. It seems more like a Geonosis asteroid. I'd prefer one with more of the Hoth system look.

I don't want to start leveling up the current Asteroid if there's going to be an alternate model offered in the Cartel Market soon.

They give you a nigh indestructible new ship with the ability to one shot literally anything else, and you're asking about cosmetics? Priorities, people!

Oh, now, come on. You don't know how much hull they actually have. And, realistically, torps blow up asteroids pretty easily. We've done it in real life. We've also split asteroids into smaller pieces by focusing lasers on them, so blasters should be pretty effective as well.

I'm worried these will be too good in Shipyards C. Just a couple of these could effectively prevent a ship from even attempting to cap.

LOL I'm worried about flying through a field of potatoes trying to smash you. Guess we could rename Aces to Spuds

GW BW! Happy 4/1

I'm worried these will be too good in Shipyards C. Just a couple of these could effectively prevent a ship from even attempting to cap.

I have an inside source that tells me this concern was mitigated in their playtesting by gunships (who will continue to excel at attacking and defending Shipyards C and Mesas B) and bombers (whose mines and drones the asteroid's tractor beams consider priority targets).

I'd be ok with paying for a comet. Asteroids aren't quite my thing.

You know that comets are actually coming, right? Same as we know stealthers are coming by checking Targetting Telemetry tooltip, we know that comets will come sooner or later by checking the second Rep gunship, Comet Brrrrrrrreakeeeeer!

You know that comets are actually coming, right? Same as we know stealthers are coming by checking Targetting Telemetry tooltip, we know that comets will come sooner or later by checking the second Rep gunship, Comet Brrrrrrrreakeeeeer!

So that's what that ship is for!

Well played :)

"That's no asteroid...oh wait, yes it is. Uh oh...[explosion]"

On a more serious note, I think this is going to take spawn camping to a whole new level. Put one asteroid directly in front of each spawn point, sit back and watch the fireworks.

I wonder if KYD will have a paint scheme added to it? Like "Repub brown" or "Empire black"....oh oh ...and no engine exhaust trail. If I'm going to barrel roll onto somebody, I need to be sneaky about it. Then, I can fight against a "premade" of 'roids.

"That's no asteroid...oh wait, yes it is. Uh oh...[explosion]"

On a more serious note, I think this is going to take spawn camping to a whole new level. Put one asteroid directly in front of each spawn point, sit back and watch the fireworks.

But what if the team being camped spawns a asteroid?

But what if the team being camped spawns a asteroid?

But actually, here's Eric's response:

I shouldn't tell you this, as I would ruin it for the completionists... but I will anyway! There is a hidden achievement that if you crash your Asteroid ship into another asteroid you get the achievement "Fist Bump, Bro."

-eric