PvP On ToFN Looks Like This...

Cempa

Your role does not matter

I can guarantee you that not one single player ( that doesnt intend to semi-afk on his dual screen ) will prefer to go guard. Sure, some classes/roles will have a bigger impact on the outcome of the big clash mid (example civil war) but that gives them no more right to go there than the person they're trying to force to guard.

Horrible arguments. When you guard 100% to be a great teammember, we'll talk.

My role surely does matter. Healers are not supposed to stay alone and guard. Healers are supposed to - heal. But again - as I said - I usually end up being the sole defender, healer or not.

I am not saying that people should enjoy guarding/defending. I am asking how hard it can be to PTFO. Heck I wouldnt mind defending as long as my team knows how to capture the other objectives.

"When you guard 100%" - listen to yourself man.... do you have any idea how you sound like? Do you read what Im writing at all, or do you just skip through it, because you obviously have the idea of me being somewhat a noob?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My role surely does matter. Healers are not supposed to stay alone and guard. Healers are supposed to - heal. But again - as I said - I usually end up being the sole defender, healer or not.

I am not saying that people should enjoy guarding/defending. I am asking how hard it can be to PTFO. Heck I wouldnt mind defending as long as my team knows how to capture the other objectives.

"When you guard 100%" - listen to yourself man.... do you have any idea how you sound like? Do you read what Im writing at all, or do you just skip through it, because you obviously have the idea of me being somewhat a noob?

No your role does not matter. No your role does not give you the right to say that you participate and they cant. You play a role out of personal preference, a stealther did not roll a stealther to guard. Maybe to solocap, and go on his lonewolf adventures but most certainly not to guard.

You arent? What are the names of your level 55s? Are they on this server?

No your role does not matter. No your role does not give you the right to say that you participate and they cant. You play a role out of personal preference, a stealther did not roll a stealther to guard. Maybe to solocap, and go on his lonewolf adventures but most certainly not to guard.

You arent? What are the names of your level 55s? Are they on this server?

Again - just shows that you do not read my posts. Cba "arguing" with you. I do not say that stealthers should guard. I say that they are the BEST guarders due to having an advantage. Again, I guard if needed be, regardless if I am healer or not, stealther or not. I am saying that it is not the BEST guardrole since the heals are needed elsewhere... I don't like defending sometimes either - but if it is needed, it is needed. And I go defend. Regardless of I am healer or dps. Comprende?

Jesus man..are you even reading what I write?!

You want to compare e-peens now, since you ask about lvl 55? The answers to your questions are in posts further back.

Do you really think I would post here on this forum if I wasnt on this server?

Edited by Amonkiratainted

Again - just shows that you do not read my posts. Cba "arguing" with you. I do not say that stealthers should guard. I say that they are the BEST guarders due to having an advantage. Again, I guard if needed be, regardless if I am healer or not, stealther or not. I am saying that it is not the BEST guardrole since the heals are needed elsewhere... I don't like defending sometimes either - but if it is needed, it is needed. And I go defend. Regardless of I am healer or dps. Comprende?

Jesus man..are you even reading what I write?!

You want to compare e-peens now, since you ask about lvl 55? The answers to your questions are in posts further back.

Do you really think I would post here on this forum if I wasnt on this server?

Someone has to guard and at that point the match is a failure because they're rewarding people for not participating. Playing the objective in a game that encourages people to not play is stupid. I'm almost intriguied as to how some people can actually justify that kind of ******** behaviour.

The content in the answers are so... Man, if you are a troll I surrender - you are that good! If you are serious, LMFAO

Edit: Are you even on this server? I've done some lowbie PvP lately and dont recognize one *********** name.

Again - would I be typing in this specific forum if I were not on this server?

Just because YOU, oh Almighty AdamLKvist, haven't seen me around in WZ's, it doesn't mean I don't play. Frankly I couldn't care less, wether you have seen me in WZ's or not. :) Unless you are one of them smashmonkeys who doesnt PTFO. ;)

Someone has to guard and at that point the match is a failure because they're rewarding people for not participating. Playing the objective in a game that encourages people to not play is stupid. I'm almost intriguied as to how some people can actually justify that kind of ******** behaviour.

The content in the answers are so... Man, if you are a troll I surrender - you are that good! If you are serious, LMFAO

Troll? For what I can see, You, Sir, are the troll here, according to those posts you have made.

Guarding IS participating, how dull it might be. Defending IS a part of the objectives.

Again - I rest my case, and let the screenshots in the previous posts speak for themselves.

A I do not say that stealthers should guard. I say that they are the BEST guarders due to having an advantage.

No.

If I take my assassin into a reg, and there's a random sin guarding a node, 95% of the time I'm taking that node from him before anyone gets there.

If I see a competent sorc, he can hold me until the team gets there with just use of a bubble.

If I see a pt tank, he has to be braindead to let me kill him before his team arrives.

If there's a competent sniper, I can't sapcap him unless he derps. Even then, a good marksman sniper has enough options to cause me a problem, and hold me until his team arrives.

No.

If I take my assassin into a reg, and there's a random sin guarding a node, 95% of the time I'm taking that node from him before anyone gets there.

If I see a competent sorc, he can hold me until the team gets there with just use of a bubble.

If I see a pt tank, he has to be braindead to let me kill him before his team arrives.

If there's a competent sniper, I can't sapcap him unless he derps. Even then, a good marksman sniper has enough options to cause me a problem, and hold me until his team arrives.

But then again, that same sin will be completely useless everywhere els too so it's better to just take the chance and put him on guard. We don't want him to run side-quests on AHG, get farmed and lose us the game. Or run for offnode on Novare, pull a bunch of opponents down to their natural node and then have them go for our natural, it just creates a back n forth game where you have to be on the run 90 % of the game. Basically, the average sin/shadow is almost always a liability and whenever I have one on my team I consider us being down a guy. Not a fan.

No.

True - but as you know, sins arent the only stealthers.

True - but as you know, sins arent the only stealthers.

So you're proposing that an operative dps is a better nodeguard than one of the classes I mentioned?

Unless I'm missing something, by stealther, you're talking Assassin or Operative DPS(Since you clearly dislike the concept of op heals guarding). Of those two, the Sin will last longer than the Op if I open on him. The Sin vs Sin fight should always be over quick enough for someone to cap before reinforcements arrive. Not that I'm saying Sins are terrible nodeguards, but there are other classes that do it better.

So you're proposing that an operative dps is a better nodeguard than one of the classes I mentioned?

Unless I'm missing something, by stealther, you're talking Assassin or Operative DPS(Since you clearly dislike the concept of op heals guarding). Of those two, the Sin will last longer than the Op if I open on him. The Sin vs Sin fight should always be over quick enough for someone to cap before reinforcements arrive. Not that I'm saying Sins are terrible nodeguards, but there are other classes that do it better.

I am saying that a stealther has a starting advantage over non-stealthers when it comes to guarding.

Now, a op healer could easily guard - he could kite the attacker / capper while trolling him and waiting for help. But then those heals could be needed elsewhere.

I am saying that a stealther has a starting advantage over non-stealthers when it comes to guarding.

You're just repeating yourself and not answering what I said. There are several classes with much better abilities than a stealth class for nodeguarding, people assume a stealth should do it out of ignorance/laziness. For pug warzones, a stealther is better at taking a node than guarding it.

You're just repeating yourself and not answering what I said. There are several classes with much better abilities than a stealth class for nodeguarding, people assume a stealth should do it out of ignorance/laziness. For pug warzones, a stealther is better at taking a node than guarding it.

You don't seem to read what I write: I am saying that stealthers has a STARTING advantage when they guard. I am not saying that they are the best guarders after the fight has been initiated. I have never said that they weren't good at capping either.

Now, I do not asume that stealth should be guarding. If you read my post throughly, you will see that I say that other classes can guard as well - heck, Im even guarding on my healer when needed be. So calling me ignorant/lazy for saying that stealthers has a starting advantage is just... well, you get it. ;)

I don't know if you remember back in 8v8 ranked... most of the top teams (if not all of them) were actually using stealthers as guarders for various reasons.

I don't know if you remember back in 8v8 ranked... most of the top teams (if not all of them) were actually using stealthers as guarders for various reasons.

The main one being if Sin A is guarding the side turret in civil war, and their team is loosing, he has the strongest chance of winning a 1v1 if someone comes, and is the only person on the team capable of slipping off unnoticed to kill the guard on their node to cap it before its reinforced. In that type of game, guy goes missing from the mid, the team is too well coordinated to not know about him going to the side. Also, he can be seen, a stealther can't.

In a pug game, that isn't close to as much as an issue.

That made no sense. In a pug one has to assume that everyone is crappy/average. Will a crappy/average sin be able to take a node? Most likely not and even if he does he probably won't be able to hold it for long (due to lack of communication with the rest of the team) . The same sin could on the other hand stay in stealth on node guard long enough to call INC in time. Your scenario seems to revolve around engagement and I would never encourage a pug guard, stealth or no-stealth, to engage the enemy without backup.

That made no sense. In a pug one has to assume that everyone is crappy/average. Will a crappy/average sin be able to take a node? Most likely not and even if he does he probably won't be able to hold it for long (due to lack of communication with the rest of the team) . The same sin could on the other hand stay in stealth on node guard long enough to call INC in time. Your scenario seems to revolve around engagement and I would never encourage a pug guard, stealth or no-stealth, to engage the enemy without backup.

While I see your point the issue easily becomes that even the bad/average player will start on the premise that his team is worse: such an approach is a recipe for disaster.

aha, and since when all of a sudden pug sins became Roudys?

dude, pugs are pugs for a reason. and for that matter, Id rather have a pt with scanon guarding.

Edited by Wonkanerd

aha, and since when all of a sudden pug sins became Roudys?

dude, pugs are pugs for a reason. and for that matter, Id rather have a pt with scanon guarding.

...what?

I quite clearly just said, pt is better at guarding in most instances. The average sin can't guard for ****, so you found a way to disagree with me by... agreeing? wow

If assassin can put phasewalk, report in time, and defend at least 30 secs until help come, it means that this guy is not bad, at least, there are lots of them on Tofn, but most of them prefer go to enemy turret/fight on mid

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.