The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Maybe I will get a Dev or GM response here. Your customer service stinks.

Afet

I founded my guild Old Republic in 2005 in the game Star Wars Galaxies. I built the guild in this game pre launch with your pre launch guild forums. I unlocked all 22 character slots and decided to grind up some lowbie alts and your gms ninja'd both my guilds from me without any contact or even an outside mail. I am very angry over your lack of respect or capacity to contact me through my in game tickets or on your forums over this issue.

You need to seriously revamp your policy on taking guilds away from active accounts or at least warn people not to purchase extra character slots if they plan on running a guild in this game. I would have appreciated an outside mail asking me to respond before you decided to swipe something I spent a lot of time and money building.

I would really appreciate a response and a resolution to this problem ASAP.

PS word of warning about anyone who wants to enjoy this game . you better not get sick or have a life outside this game for any length of time even if you have an active account..

I am on Jedi Covenant, My Old Republic guild leader was Afet and my Implode Demolitions Brigade guild leader was Ogam.

oh wow more than a week later I get a canned automated response that customer service cannot assist with guild leadership transfers due to the automated guild leadership transfer protocol. Did they fire all the GM's?

Don't think the GM's have anything to do with this. Last I recall, guild leadership was transferred to another member of the guild if you are not logged onto the Guild Leader character for a specific amount of time, therefore your guild is in the hands of one of your members.

Don't think the GM's have anything to do with this. Last I recall, guild leadership was transferred to another member of the guild if you are not logged onto the Guild Leader character for a specific amount of time, therefore your guild is in the hands of one of your members.
I did not know about this new thing until after the fact. The least they could have done is enable some kind of contact via email that wanred someone of the pending action. I was actively playing grinding up lobie toons and did not realize that they would do this

I've had nothing but positive experience with TOR Customer Service. They have done things for me that they are not obligated to do.

Try being polite.

- Arcada

If they are not helpful, take a level 55 character to the Black Talon FP and kill the republic droids there(they look like the customer service avatar.) So you can vent.

I had some trouble with the alignment of Dark and Light and being a Subscriber I wanted to submit a ticket. I got feedback from Eric and it hit me how dedicated the DEVs are at making our game a great experience. I no longer play only because of Star Wars. I play for that and because I love supporting the community. I have so many positive experiences with this game, from Jawas of General Chat to the game itself. (Might I just say the story lines are absolutely incredible!)

I have been more into the forums recently since being away at school has play time limitations. I read a lot of the posts and see so many amazing ideas.

Back to the DEVs. Yes, they can't reply to the millions of players and all their ideas but when they do reply it is personal. I have nothing but good things to say about customer service.

Honestly if you feel like bashing the game I don't know why you bought a subscription.

Edited by OrionLives

I've never had a problem with the customer service. There was a problem before with the HK mission when they had reset the mission. My boyfriend and I had already started the mission and they had reset it. I filed a ticket and explain to them what had happened and only requested if they could reset it where we were at. We got a response from them not only did they do that but they went above and beyond. They progressed our mission to the very last heroic so we didn't have to go searching for the parts.

I've never had a problem with the customer service. There was a problem before with the HK mission when they had reset the mission. My boyfriend and I had already started the mission and they had reset it. I filed a ticket and explain to them what had happened and only requested if they could reset it where we were at. We got a response from them not only did they do that but they went above and beyond. They progressed our mission to the very last heroic so we didn't have to go searching for the parts.

Can vouch for this as well. Plus, also had this one fairly recently...

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/305/yod0.jpg

Lovely.

Im glad you guys have had good experience with the CS but I agree with the OP. Ive had many problems with the game and only once have I gotten anything but the form letters stating there is nothing they can do. What gets me is that after reading the letter its obvious no one even read my problem as the response had nothing to do with what happened to me. This has happened over half a dozen times in the 4 months Ive been playing.

The one time they did actually read and respond ( with a form letter yet ) they wouldnt help me with a major game problem. I needed to delete a few quests ( 25 quests max???) and deleted one that was a planet story quest. The warning message was a bit ambiguous and I didnt realize I couldnt go back and get it again. So I had to make another toon and level it up to 45, just to find out what the story was about. This is not good CS.

I have always had no problem with CS. If its that big of a deal, call them and talk to a rep. I've actually never found a rep on the phone that was rude or unhelpful. I got plenty of auto emails but if you call them and they cant help you, they can at least explain why. I'm betting if you woulda called them, they would have told you ;-)

So you took up leadership of a guild and did nothing with it for over 8 weeks? You didn't even log in to check your mail? And none of the people in the guild said anything to you when they got the message about suddenly being leader when leadership went to the next highest subscribed member? If this isn't someone that would just hand leadership back to you when you log in, then you have a problem. Also, it's probably already too late and everything in your guild bank is no doubt already gone.

This has been the rule for guild leadership for quite some time, over a year at least. This is not a new policy. And it most certainly is not a policy designed just to ruin your life. If you stop and consider the perspective of guild members who put a lot of money and items into the bank expecting that the guild leader would do something with them, it would be horrible to have all that lost forever when the guild master just leaves without a word. This policy exists to protect them.

At this point, what you should do is, as was previously suggested, pick up the phone and ask to speak to a rep to get the issue resolved. If you are the only member of the guild, for example, you can have leadership restored. But if you take the time to explain the special circumstances (assuming there are some) your situation, I'm sure you can get this resolved.