rip knowdown on Spinning Kick =(

Murder_Toys

Classes + Combat

Sith Inquisitor

Assassin

Spike is now a stun rather than a knockdown, but it will continue to knock down standard and weak enemies.

Jedi Consular

Shadow

Spinning Kick is now a stun rather than a knockdown, but it will continue to knock down standard and weak enemies.

That's a serious problem for locking out an opponent with utmost efficiency... especially if resolve gets filled in those 2 stuns.

It wasn't directed at you, but at the news.

By the way, i doubt that the amount of resolve changes. It has been said it's a value "per second", and the AoE Stun of PT/Vg don't fill the bar for more.

Edited by Altheran

It wasn't directed at you, but at the news.

By the way, i doubt that the amount of resolve changes. It has been said it's a value "per second", and the AoE Stun of PT/Vg don't fill the bar for more.

I'd hope it doesn't change anything. :eek:

That's a serious problem for locking out an opponent with utmost efficiency... especially if resolve gets filled in those 2 stuns.

That already happens right now..

SK + <GCD> + FS = 100% resolve.

SK + <GCD> (x6) + FS = 99% resolve.

Edited by Evolixe

does the stun last as long as the knockdown? if so, why change it, its a stun regardless, its not like spike/spinning kick hit someone for 7k+ like ops/scoundrels. i understand trying to even things out, but this isnt really accomplishing anything (as far as i know). they will still get stunned and still get hit for meh damage like always...

does the stun last as long as the knockdown? if so, why change it, its a stun regardless, its not like spike/spinning kick hit someone for 7k+ like ops/scoundrels. i understand trying to even things out, but this isnt really accomplishing anything (as far as i know). they will still get stunned and still get hit for meh damage like always...

cuz for animation of char or somewhat..it's not about balancing etc

Hey, lets band together and whine about Shoots First damage. Since scoundrals whined about our knock down why not lets be fair and they can have Shoots First hit for about 1k. Alls fair in love and war. Problem solved both ability would be in "balance " as things go around in here..........

Hey, lets band together and whine about Shoots First damage. Since scoundrals whined about our knock down why not lets be fair and they can have Shoots First hit for about 1k. Alls fair in love and war. Problem solved both ability would be in "balance " as things go around in here..........

not whining about the damage. i was just simply saying our knockdown wasnt a heavy hitting opening ability (i.e we use spike for the control and a proc, not because its a heavy hitter) and was just curious about why they changed it. part of the reason scoundrels got changed in 2.7 was because they had the KD + high damage in one ability. if assassins had a heavy hitting KD ability like scoundrels do they isnt a doubt in my mind sins would be nerfed.

was trying to type that without it sounding "ranty." just trying to get my point across the best i could lol

Because of the animation it would even people who use their stun breaker watse that... When I knock you down in huttball on one of those fire traps you are dead regardless of stunbreaker or not, and thus my huttball efficiency will be lower (I play tank, I could do that even without stealth, and trust me, I killed lots of people with that ability in huttball).

• 3 weeks later...
Pointless change! Said it in the assassin forum and I'll say it over here. Make it how it was before and if you want the ability to do something else (like stopping troopers/bounty hunters HTL) then that's fine but leave the ability alone. Ever since the change I've avoided using it in either DPS or Tank spec.

Pointless change! Said it in the assassin forum and I'll say it over here. Make it how it was before and if you want the ability to do something else (like stopping troopers/bounty hunters HTL) then that's fine but leave the ability alone. Ever since the change I've avoided using it in either DPS or Tank spec.

do you hate to stun people and kill them? lol

I liked knocking down people on their faces into the fire-pit or off the platforms in Huttball, when they were standing on the edges....

Pull and Spike/Spinning Kick on your face ****!

You could avoid using your knocback, if they were just on the edge 1-2 meters.

Still now that it is a hard stun it's epic too, but that 1-2 meter push was useful.

Also most people didn't know that you could actually use your ability in middle of standing back up from knock down.

Even more cool thing was that, the knock down bugged sometimes or maybe it was intentionally.

If you stunned the person when he was knockdown, when he was still on the ground, he would lie down there stunned, and after the stun he still would have to get back up.

Before that they were already dead most of the time though.

Anyway, R.I.P. Spike/Spinning Kick!

• 1 month later...