The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Frequently Asked PvP Questions

EricMusco

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news indeed. Do I have class stories yet to do? Yep, and I'll get to them as the mood strikes on those characters, but end game raiding and PvP are what keep me around. Operations are coming out at too slow a pace, and while HM/NiM--when NiM is eventually released months down the road--offer additional challenge, the don't offer new scenery. Neither does the slow roll on putting out new WZs offer new scenery. The only real perk to it is going against different players, seeing new strategies, seeing how you stack up against different groups, none of which are happening as is.

After a certain point every day, Pub side queues drop to zero and it ends up in War Game mode against other Imps, the same other Imps over and over. The same content week after week in OPs, the same scenarios over and over in PvP. I will be keeping my sub for the upcoming rewards as that is a bonus worth getting, but I don't fly through content and I'm starting to get that weariness that leads to lapsed subs between content releases.

It's not just hardcore PvPers who are lost when PvP is neglected and the requests of the most PvP players as a whole are ignored. There are plenty who focus on PvE but enjoy playing with and against others as well, and neither the grinders nor the casuals are having their needs met. The only reason I will be stepping into ranked arenas is for the awards, not because it's fun. The quick race to two in a cramped little box is just not that excited, and even less so when done over, and over, and over again. Better still, there's the joy of sitting in queue for however long that may take just to go in there and grind out another 4v4.

Basically what I read is, "Yes, we understand almost the entire community wants fundamental changes in how PvP is done. No, we will not be addressing any of those changes. Thanks for subscribing." How can a game that ignores what its subscription base wants continue to function?

This is all the first post had to say. EAware doesn't care about the PVP community. They don't want us to play their game. We aren't the ones spending hundreds in their Cartel Market so why should we even be bothered with? PvE content is, in comparison, flourishing, while we are stuck with reskins and false incentives.

Oh yeah, and No.

For a TL;DR to my post above, I assure you it isn't only PvP lifers who will end up leaving because of this. There are many across the gamut who focus on other things but also enjoy PvP, and what we're being told is that the desires of none will be met in the future.

Edited by Prototypemind

Better get the Criminal Minds team ready, cuz I just became an unsub.

Holy crap, I needed a laugh after this raw a55 thread. Had high hopes for tactical flashpoints with their varied layouts, but the difficulty is on zero. PvE content is on the slow roll. PvP just got a kick to the nuts, an atomic wedgie, and a push down the hill behind the bleachers. The future is forsaken.

Man I can't wait for Halo 5, and really Battlefront III will kill whatever hardcore/competitive playerbase is left of this game (if there is any by that time) :o

Yeah I quit Xbox cause after H3, Halo started to suck (Reach/H4). But hopefully with H5 they'll go back to classic halo and not this call of duty **** they've turned it into.

And if they bring back the MLG playlist with 1-50 ranks, I'll quit SWTOR sooooo fast haha

Yeah I quit Xbox cause after H3, Halo started to suck (Reach/H4). But hopefully with H5 they'll go back to classic halo and not this call of duty **** they've turned it into.

And if they bring back the MLG playlist with 1-50 ranks, I'll quit SWTOR sooooo fast haha

Lol Halo 3 was bad as well compared to Halo 2 :(, the ranks were proof of grinding nothing else. Shame they killed my favourite series

Hey folks,

Have you considered implementing a Huttball League?

We have certainly seen a lot of suggestions around the creation of a Huttball League for sure! Implementing a Huttball League has a special place on our Wall of Crazy but it is not in our current roadmap.

You NEED to make it. Huttball its the gem of swtor PvP - and only one warzone where all classes can shine.

PvPers need 8-man NM (=ranked) content and we are need ranked Huttball.

Will you be implementing Cross-server queuing?

We have no plans at this time to implement cross-server queues.

In this case, there is must be dual solution:

1. Merge all pvp servers in EU to one

2. Cross-faction solo ranked arenas/huttball

Will you be bringing back 8v8 Ranked Warzones?

We have no plans currently of bringing back 8v8 Ranked Warzones.

You need rethink your plans, in case of Huttball league at least for 8-man solo and group ranked.

Huge rating gaps between players in any given Arena match….

Typically this issue occurs when there are not a lot of players in the Arena queue, I think it may help to understand a bit about how our matchmaking works. Matches are based around the original character who is entered in matchmaking and what their rating is. Let’s say a character is 1500 and enters the queue. Matchmaking will start looking for another 7 players to have them play with who are also 1500. At certain time intervals, that rating range is expanded (both up and down) in order to work to fill the match. Over time that range will continue to be expanded, so the “up” and “down” rating from that base player is why you could see a 1200 player and an 1800 player in the same game as they are both 300 rating from the original character in the queue.

Cross-faction solo ranked queue is a solution for this issue.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

I basically got an Xbox 360 just because of Halo 3. That game was the s**t!! In Reach many things were questionable but after a few weeks of contemplating I did stick to Reach more than Halo 3. I even ended up creating one of the most successful roleplaying gametypes in Reach and the improved Forge system really made things more fun for me in Reach.

If 343 really does listen to the majority of the playerbase who do feel that the Halo franchise has been butchered with Reach and 4, yeah, I can forget SWTOR. I'd literally never log in to this game or even visit the forums again.

Lol Halo 3 was bad as well compared to Halo 2 :(, the ranks were proof of grinding nothing else. Shame they killed my favourite series

Maybe you just got burnt out, I know a lot of people who say it was Halo 2 that was the peak of Halo but that's certainly not true. From an objective point of view, Halo 3 got more commercial success than Halo 2 (Halo 2 was a commercial success as well but Halo 3 raised the yet again), and really Halo 3 introduced things like Theater Mode (Halo 3 even won an award for something like this at SpikeTV's VGAs) and brought machinima and namely machinima.com to its peak.

With a little subjectivity injected in this, I really think Halo 3 was the best Halo ever made. It was more balanced than 2, it had Forge and most of the maps were fairly big to big. The story was amazing as always, but the multiplayer of Halo 3's was just addictive. I don't think Halo 3 supported clans as much as Halo 2 did, but many clans were still formed during Halo 3 days. Bungie also catered to both CASUALS and COMPETITIVE/HARDCORE players because each had their preferred playlists and casuals were punished if they were well bad in competitive/hardcore game modes in matchmaking.

The ranking may have seemed grindy but it really wasn't, I think it was just you played A LOT of Halo 2 and I guess wanted something better? Halo 3's ranking system gets A LOT of praise because of how good it was, and many are wishing an even better system using Halo 3's ranking infrastructure in the future Halo titles.

A lot of improvement of the Halo franchise since the questionable period of Reach and downfall with Halo 4 has yet to be seen.

I basically got an Xbox 360 just because of Halo 3. That game was the s**t!! In Reach many things were questionable but after a few weeks of contemplating I did stick to Reach more than Halo 3. I even ended up creating one of the most successful roleplaying gametypes in Reach and the improved Forge system really made things more fun for me in Reach.

If 343 really does listen to the majority of the playerbase who do feel that the Halo franchise has been butchered with Reach and 4, yeah, I can forget SWTOR. I'd literally never log in to this game or even visit the forums again.

Maybe you just got burnt out, I know a lot of people who say it was Halo 2 that was the peak of Halo but that's certainly not true. From an objective point of view, Halo 3 got more commercial success than Halo 2 (Halo 2 was a commercial success as well but Halo 3 raised the yet again), and really Halo 3 introduced things like Theater Mode (Halo 3 even won an award for something like this at SpikeTV's VGAs) and brought machinima and namely machinima.com to its peak.

With a little subjectivity injected in this, I really think Halo 3 was the best Halo ever made. It was more balanced than 2, it had Forge and most of the maps were fairly big to big. The story was amazing as always, but the multiplayer of Halo 3's was just addictive. I don't think Halo 3 supported clans as much as Halo 2 did, but many clans were still formed during Halo 3 days. Bungie also catered to both CASUALS and COMPETITIVE/HARDCORE players because each had their preferred playlists and casuals were punished if they were well bad in competitive/hardcore game modes in matchmaking.

The ranking may have seemed grindy but it really wasn't, I think it was just you played A LOT of Halo 2 and I guess wanted something better? Halo 3's ranking system gets A LOT of praise because of how good it was, and many are wishing an even better system using Halo 3's ranking infrastructure in the future Halo titles.

A lot of improvement of the Halo franchise since the questionable period of Reach and downfall with Halo 4 has yet to be seen.

Certainly not true? Obviously an incredibly pointless comment since all of your reply is based on opinion not fact (can be said the other way too, but...)

Halo 2 was more competetive, it had a thriwing community of team ranked and clans 1-50. People played competetively all the time, they didn't need all the actual competitions for that. For the competetive player Halo 3 was a huge failure as it made the game more casual and only provided competitive gameplay at a high level and that was actual tournaments/competitions at LANs hosted by MLG and various other companies.

Halo 2 was competitive and didn't hold the bad player in hand, Halo 3 was aimed at the casual player more so than any Halo game before it had been.

Edited by AdamLKvist

Certainly not true? Obviously an incredibly pointless comment since all of your reply is based on opinion not fact (can be said the other way too, but...)

Halo 2 was more competetive, it had a thriwing community of team ranked and clans 1-50. People played competetively all the time, they didn't need all the actual competitions for that. For the competetive player Halo 3 was a huge failure as it made the game more casual and only provided competitive gameplay at a high level and that was actual tournaments/competitions at LANs hosted by MLG and various other companies.

Halo 2 was competitive and didn't hold the bad player in hand, Halo 3 was aimed at the casual player more so than any Halo game before it had been.

Oh the hilarity of this post...If only you people truly knew how terrible Halo 2 actually was.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xxhunr/halo-2-noobified-comparison-

Will we ever be able to choose a specific Warzone to queue for?

From the design side, we do like the idea of allowing our players to be able to impact which Warzone they want to queue for, but it is not as simple as letting everyone select which Warzone they want and call it a day. Because of a few reasons (queue population, preventing ‘de facto’ best Warzone, making sure all Warzones are being played, etc.) it would require a fully-fledged design around that new queuing system in order to make sure the system was sustainable (in queue times, etc.). There are no current plans for the near future to implement this feature.

making sure all Warzones are being played,

dear EA/BW if people do not want to play some of your warzones, then you should think about how to make them more enjoyable instead of forcing them opon players.

ffs this entire post makes me want to cry

Oh the hilarity of this post...If only you people truly knew how terrible Halo 2 actually was.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xxhunr/halo-2-noobified-comparison-

Auto-aim, cheats and other things aside; Halo 2 was IMO the best multiplayer game to ever be released and with maps and skill levels that no game has been close to topping since. And even with auto-aim we'd have a huge skill gap between good and bad players. Not sure if any of you ever played the pros but it was an eye-opener. when you mixed it up with the bads in the normal online playlists The latter applied to Halo 3 too and perhaps even moreso but it was quite distinct in both games.

There were foremost two problems with Halo 3, the maps werent as good as those in Halo 2 and the skill level system was messed up. The implementation of True Skill was just horrible, it couldnt properly assign skill levels if you always played with the same team mates or didnt lose. I initially had 130+ straight wins in Team Slayer and was still stuck on lvl 18. If you on the other hand cycled your team mates accounts (second accounts) the system would think that you played with new players and you'd jump to 50 in less than 50 games. Even the Arena ratings in Reach were better.

Lol H3 took more skill than H2. All h2 was about was who was better at using the bugs (doubleshot and double beatdown)

And then there was nothing but hacking in all the playlist at high levels with ppl using mods.

Halo 3 introduced the MLG playlist which was very competitive once you got to 45-50 ranking in it.

And players needed to go to MLG tournaments in H2 to play at the highest level just as much as they did in H1 and H3.

Teams like Final boss, carbon, straight rippin, ect.

You have no clue when it comes to competitive halo, probably just played big team battle lol

Edited by Trixdope

Auto-aim, cheats and other things aside; Halo 2 was IMO the best multiplayer game to ever be released and with maps and skill levels that no game has been close to topping since. And even with auto-aim we'd have a huge skill gap between good and bad players. Not sure if any of you ever played the pros but it was an eye-opener. when you mixed it up with the bads in the normal online playlists The latter applied to Halo 3 too and perhaps even moreso but it was quite distinct in both games.

There were foremost two problems with Halo 3, the maps werent as good as those in Halo 2 and the skill level system was messed up. The implementation of True Skill was just horrible, it couldnt properly assign skill levels if you always played with the same team mates or didnt lose. I initially had 130+ straight wins in Team Slayer and was still stuck on lvl 18. If you on the other hand cycled your team mates accounts (second accounts) the system would think that you played with new players and you'd jump to 50 in less than 50 games. Even the Arena ratings in Reach were better.

If you started on a fresh account and won 130 straight games in any playlist you would be a 50 lol so I already know you're lying.

It only takes about 58-61 wins to get to 50 with maybe 2-3 losses.

If you started on a fresh account and won 130 straight games in any playlist you would be a 50 lol so I already know you're lying.

It only takes about 58-61 wins to get to 50 with maybe 2-3 losses.

There goes your credibility out the window. It was well estabilished that you leveled up based on Mu and Sigma and if your team mates, by also being on new accounts, couldnt provide the system with proper data you'd get level locked. I never had any problems leveling when I played with people/accounts who had tons of games under the belt or I solo'ed but there were circumstances where the system didnt work. H2 would work under all circumstances because it only looked at the levels going in to the game and the outcome, not how you performed in the previous X games.

Also, you are wrong about cheaters having all the leaderboard spots. I was ranked 80 in TS just before they got rid of the official H2 leaderboard because of cheating....and I never cheated.

Edited by MidichIorian

It would be nice, if you start an Halo thread somewhere else.

Why bother? Its more interesting than the original subject of the thread where everything has been beaten to death and nothing we say is going to change anything.

So Eric when are you..."NO!"....Dammit -_-

Dear god has it gotten so bad that the thread has become a launching board for other games?

It seems so...in that case...

BFIII...**** yeah...It's about bloody time...

I'm definitely putting Wildstar on pre-order and will be watching EQN...

Waiting for FFXV and Metal Gear Solid 5...

Having fun with Rocksmith 2014 in the mean time...The money I put into this travesty of a game would have been better spent towards guitars, a bass, amps, and any other related gear.

Also, can't forget about all those nice indie games on Steam...

Hell, I'm tempted to go old school and play Super NES games...Maybe PS games too...

It's hard to come up with anything funny to take the edge off of militant un-reason and (apparently) deliberate obtuseness, and I have a more warped sense of humour than most :/

Yeah...sorry mates, I got nuthin' :(

Too bad...seems like the only way they remotely listen is through rage inspired meme's and song parodies.

Why bother? Its more interesting than the original subject of the thread where everything has been beaten to death and nothing we say is going to change anything.

So Eric when are you..."NO!"....Dammit -_-

I'm inclined to agree and I'm not even a fan of Halo...

Edited by Dedrayge

I usually lurk the forums and keep quiet but I have been playing this game since the 11-11-11 beta. Like most people here I can probably say that most of us are big SW fans.

After reading this post by Eric I didn't know if I wanted to start laughing our of control or just shake my head. I absolutely love the fact that he states one of the reasons to not get rid of bolster in ranked is because a new PVPer might not know how to equip new armor (or find it there in) Oh... I'm sorry, I thought this was an MMORPG. I suppose it would have taken too much time and resources to put up a pop-up box at level 55 to say "You need PVP armor, get it at mailbox kthx" You know... cause the player wasn't switching armor sets from levels 1-55 amiright?

No cross-server? I don't even have a comment for that. Even you should know how stupid that is. Even with other engines and their limitations almost every other MMO under the sun has been able to do it.

No additional plans at this time? Well I have no plans to let you take money out of my account for subs until I see plans.

It's funny, but maybe I am ignorant. I thought this was Star Wars, from the books/comics/movies I could have sworn there was massive battles between both sides because there is a freaking war going on but only 8 Jedi can fight 8 Sith. That's cool.

I leave my post at my last point. Most of the player base here didn't even want Galactic Star-fighter the way it is, you could have pleased both the PVE crowd and the PVP crowd by making something similar to SWG's space system. My friends and I own a couple of seats on Hero Engine, and we have had no issues building a Space system just like yours where players could free roam (Minus the networking which would also not be to hard) There is no engine limitation in that regard and is the most BS excuse ever.

I honestly cannot even believe it anymore.

Edited by LordRayth

I leave my post at my last point. Most of the player base here didn't even want Galactic Star-fighter the way it is, you could have pleased both the PVE crowd and the PVP crowd by making something similar to SWG's space system. My friends and I own a couple of seats on Hero Engine, and we have had no issues building a Space system just like yours where players could free roam (Minus the networking which would also not be to hard) There is no engine limitation in that regard and is the most BS excuse ever.

I honestly cannot even believe it anymore.

The engine limitation is from the fact they bought the rights to use it when it was still in development then heavily modified it. Really the game isn't even running on the actual hero engine. Which is also why the game cannot be upgraded to the current version.

I usually lurk the forums and keep quiet but I have been playing this game since the 11-11-11 beta. Like most people here I can probably say that most of us are big SW fans.

After reading this post by Eric I didn't know if I wanted to start laughing our of control or just shake my head. I absolutely love the fact that he states one of the reasons to not get rid of bolster in ranked is because a new PVPer might not know how to equip new armor (or find it there in) Oh... I'm sorry, I thought this was an MMORPG. I suppose it would have taken too much time and resources to put up a pop-up box at level 55 to say "You need PVP armor, get it at mailbox kthx" You know... cause the player wasn't switching armor sets from levels 1-55 amiright?.

yep. that bolded bit is what cost them my sub. It's downright insulting. I strongly suspect it's an outright lie. The entire "dev rationale" is predicated on the idea that the first pvp experience a person has is A) at level 55, B) in the rated format, and C) a player in an mmo is completely ignorant of gearing and gear grinds. I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry. BW can go to hell.

There goes your credibility out the window. It was well estabilished that you leveled up based on Mu and Sigma and if your team mates, by also being on new accounts, couldnt provide the system with proper data you'd get level locked. I never had any problems leveling when I played with people/accounts who had tons of games under the belt or I solo'ed but there were circumstances where the system didnt work. H2 would work under all circumstances because it only looked at the levels going in to the game and the outcome, not how you performed in the previous X games.

Also, you are wrong about cheaters having all the leaderboard spots. I was ranked 80 in TS just before they got rid of the official H2 leaderboard because of cheating....and I never cheated.

Well if you're searching with a full group of fresh accounts then yes you're right about "possibly" getting level locked. I've just never had this problem because I would usually search team slayer/MLG/Dubs with 1 friend on his 50 when I made a fresh account (sold 50s in H3) and would gain levels fast. :p

Damn all this halo talk is bringing some serious Nostalgia :(

R.I.P greatest franchise ever

Well if you're searching with a full group of fresh accounts then yes you're right about "possibly" getting level locked. I've just never had this problem because I would usually search team slayer/MLG/Dubs with 1 friend on his 50 when I made a fresh account (sold 50s in H3) and would gain levels fast. :p

Damn all this halo talk is bringing some serious Nostalgia :(

R.I.P greatest franchise ever

Btw I really love your character name in your sig. I got lots of Pokémon names under my belt as well :)

And yeah, despite which was better Halo 2 or Halo 3, both were critically acclaimed and the bar just kept getting set higher. Halo 2 and Halo 3 were titans in the gaming industry following their release and the years following. They could even contend with new CoD released, and CoD released just about every year to reskin the last title.

I have so many memories about my clan and clan battles, on my way to becoming an MLG player, building maps and creating gametypes, racing, GRIFBALL, etc.

I'm holding out that Halo 5 will bring the Xbox and Microsoft back to its former glory and I can just play that game for hours and having a huge competitive community to play alongside with. Hopefully my clan will be restarted as well, but if Battlefield ends up with the similar wishes I have for the newest Halo then I'll be there for hours on end too.

:)

Hey folks,

One thing that I know we have received a lot of varying questions around is the topic of PvP in SWTOR. As many of you have surely seen we are going to have one of our PvP Designers, Alex Modny, on our Thursday Livestream event later on today. As with most of our streams we have quite a few questions which are commonly asked by PvPers. I talked with the combat team about many of your questions and got answers to many of the commonly asked questions. Below you will find those questions/answers.

Will we ever be able to choose a specific Warzone to queue for?

From the design side, we do like the idea of allowing our players to be able to impact which Warzone they want to queue for, but it is not as simple as letting everyone select which Warzone they want and call it a day. Because of a few reasons (queue population, preventing ‘de facto’ best Warzone, making sure all Warzones are being played, etc.) it would require a fully-fledged design around that new queuing system in order to make sure the system was sustainable (in queue times, etc.). There are no current plans for the near future to implement this feature.

So implement Cross server.

Have you considered implementing a Huttball League?

We have certainly seen a lot of suggestions around the creation of a Huttball League for sure! Implementing a Huttball League has a special place on our Wall of Crazy but it is not in our current roadmap.

Fair enough.

Why is Bolster in Ranked PvP? Why not just require a high level of PvP gear?

This is a great question, and one we put a lot of thought into when the decision made to keep Bolster in Ranked PvP. As many of you likely know, in the past we had an entry level set of PvP gear called the Recruit set. Wearing this set into a Warzone would put you at an “entry level” for PvP. However, having Recruit gear in the game created two important factors:

1. The player needed to know that this is how PvP at max level worked.

2. The player needed to then get the gear and actually equip it.

Although this may seem like something which is obvious to many of you who are more seasoned and hardcore PvPers, these factors being missed led to many players first experience being that they got completely stomped in PvP. Although we understand that there are certainly “dues to be paid” when you play PvP, they shouldn’t come right at the beginning of someone’s PvP career. We also want the Ranked population to be as high as possible within the Level 55 bracket so we have Bolster in place so more players can participate in the system.

The best solution for this situation was a systematic approach which puts all players on an even footing when they enter the system. We know that some feel the best solution is to simply make everyone have the same gear and stats when in PvP so that it is purely a measure skill and skill alone. However, we feel that as an MMO, gear progression is a major cornerstone of its long term gameplay. We feel that Bolster takes both of those ideas into account and lands as a nice middle ground.

It is very unfortunate that Bolster has experienced issues since its implementation which certainly created pain points for our PvP community. However we will continue to work to ensure that Bolster is working as intended! I think we can all agree that having the first time you PvP be a positive experience will go to great lengths to ensuring that those folks stick around and continue to PvP!

If you don't know how to play this game, then you shouldn't be participating in Ranked Arenas, period.

Will you be implementing Cross-server queuing?

We have no plans at this time to implement cross-server queues.

Well, that confirms PvP is officially dead.

Will you be introducing rewards in future Seasons to recognize those players who have achieved the highest of ratings? 1500 seems like a low bar for some players.

For starters, we have seen a lot of feedback around this very topic on the forums, please keep it coming. This is a very tricky thing to design around as no matter where you put the breakpoint, someone can potentially feel like they are not getting the rewards they deserve. We took this to heart when trying to decide where best to place the “breakpoint” for reward tiers. For us, giving the Rancor mount to only the top 5% felt like a good breakpoint since that will still make it very rare. We will continue to use player feedback as we make decisions about future seasons rewards, we have no announced changes planned at this time however.

Very rare.....? Yeah, Okay.

Will you be bringing back 8v8 Ranked Warzones?

We have no plans currently of bringing back 8v8 Ranked Warzones.

Why not? It doesn't hurt your game whatsoever.

Are there any plans of expanding open world PvP?

Currently we have no plans of expanding open world PvP, specifically to say we don’t have any plans to introduce any new systems which offer rewards around it. However, we will continue to encourage open world PvP in events and future content. Some examples of this would be the Oricon daily area and the shared questing areas of the Rakghoul event.

That is a terrible form of world PvP and it's not even "World PvP". If you want successful world PvP, copy/paste The Burning Crusade's form of World PvP.

Are there any plans to address teams having healer hybrids in Arenas fighting against teams without a healer?

This is a question of how long we want to wait to pop an Arena match when it relates to hybrids. We could, in theory, create restrictions around matchmaking to pair you only against someone extremely similar to your character in both rating and “spec” layout. However if we did that, it would have very serious effects on how long a queue takes to pop. We had to make a decision to err on the side of having more matches pop than simply trying to mirror the teams exactly. The only option to address this would be to tighten restrictions on matchmaking but this will result in greatly increased queue length, which is not favorable.

The other option would be Cross Servers or even merging the servers.

What about the issue of 3v4 matches in Arenas?

This typically occurs due to a player crashing before loading into a match, which creates a situation where one team will have one less player. In this situation, we have made the decision that matchmaking will not backfill that player. This is because by the time we can accurately detect that a player has crashed, and then select a player to backfill in the crashed player’s place, the first round would already be in progress or over. In this case, backfilling would turn a negative situation for 4 players into a negative situation for 5 players, and we are not fond of that idea.

On the plus side, our rating system takes the 3v4 into account when awarding rating at the end of the match. The team with 4 will not be rewarded nearly as well for winning as they would if it was a normal match, nor will the team with 3 be punished as severely for losing.

:rolleyes:

Matchmaking will sometimes place the same Advanced Classes on the same teams. An example would be 4 Powertechs against 4 Assassins. Are there any improvements planned here?

This is a great question, we agree that this is certainly less than optimal. Matchmaking should certainly be better about how it assigns classes across each team and we will be actively looking to make improvements. No timeline right now on those changes but it is on our radar.

So basically 6 months to 2 years.

Huge rating gaps between players in any given Arena match….

Typically this issue occurs when there are not a lot of players in the Arena queue,

Cross server or merge the servers.

What about players who “sync queue” to specifically play each other, AKA match fixing?

This is an issue which is again due to the amount of players in the queue.

Cross server or merge the servers.

Do you have any plans to address overpowered Hybrid builds which are present in Arenas?

Our history of class balance shows that we attempt to discourage overpowered hybrid builds when and wherever possible. We are constantly balancing classes and will take action if something is not falling into line with class balance.

Do you even try to lie?

-eric

Most of these issues could be fixed with Cross Server.

yep. that bolded bit is what cost them my sub. It's downright insulting. I strongly suspect it's an outright lie. The entire "dev rationale" is predicated on the idea that the first pvp experience a person has is A) at level 55, B) in the rated format, and C) a player in an mmo is completely ignorant of gearing and gear grinds. I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry. BW can go to hell.

Like I said:

Militant un-reason and/or deliberate obtuseness.

(It can't be simple stupidity, can it? I'm assuming that one has to have at least a few working brain-cells to rub together to even be a dev, so it can't be that they're really that stupid. Can it?)