smash

Quintusmillus

Smash Spec used to hit hard. I've played a Sorc extensively and I honestly never understood all the ************. The people who cried for these nerfs just can't play worth a ****. But as said above, that train has already left. Now Rage Spec in PvP will be reduced to a mediocre single target spec.

I personally never quite understood why unstoppable was in vengeance. As Rage has always been a lot more dependant on "being correctly positioned".

Yup, because they are totally not dependent on a 3 second channel for 29-30% of their damage. Smash abilities are instant cast, they also have two gap closers, vengeance/vigilance has one.

OH, by now I get it. And the fact that "smash requires a target within range" is probably - for most players - a BUFF to single-target-smashing... It's all good. After all, that SMASH won't miss anymore, due to the target not being able to "move away in time for the smash to miss".

so in 2.7 the crushing fist talent, the smash armor reduction debuff from the immortal tree, will it only affect one target instead of the group now and IF it does only affect one target is it worth the two point in that tree?

This is referring to pvp btw

Edited by MasterXlos

so in 2.7 the crushing fist talent, the smash armor reduction debuff from the immortal tree, will it only affect one target instead of the group now and IF it does only affect one target is it worth the two point in that tree?

This is referring to pvp btw

I don't think it will effect Immortal spec'ed Juggernaut's at all. It shouldn't change anything because it only seems to effect buffs to the base ability on multiple targets, there is no mention of the armor reduction talents being effected in any way.

The only thing the smash nerf will do in pvp, is not allow smash to aoe everyone all the time. Single target damage is still the same and that is what you are looking for anyway. Not to mention, it will not be possible to miss and have it on CD since they got away.

If you want to cry about nerf. Get your facts straight.

Edited by Kadjunga

I personally never quite understood why unstoppable was in vengeance. As Rage has always been a lot more dependant on "being correctly positioned".

Well rage has much more gap closers and its dmg is instant...it's also a braindead spec monkeys could play. You want it to get even easier?

Been switching around with specs alot lately... Found Immortal to be rather fun, currently. At least one isn't as squishy and it feels more Juggernaught. But rage... yeah... tried it, didn't get what's great about it (you get the ae smash but ... meh...) And compared to a well timed vengeance-block with scream, destroyer, ... (you knoe the drill) and two ravages... it's not really that lethal. :p

Or maybe I'm not monkey enough to be pro at poop flinging the smashes. Or maybe I didn't give it a real chance as it seems to become the only single-target-spec in pvp that will suffer the "ae-damage-reduction"...

Been switching around with specs alot lately... Found Immortal to be rather fun, currently. At least one isn't as squishy and it feels more Juggernaught. But rage... yeah... tried it, didn't get what's great about it (you get the ae smash but ... meh...) And compared to a well timed vengeance-block with scream, destroyer, ... (you knoe the drill) and two ravages... it's not really that lethal. :p

Or maybe I'm not monkey enough to be pro at poop flinging the smashes. Or maybe I didn't give it a real chance as it seems to become the only single-target-spec in pvp that will suffer the "ae-damage-reduction"...

Smash against Sorcs/OP/Mercs is some serious face-rape...with properly Min-Maxed gear Sorcs eat 9k+ and so do OPs more than 90% of the time. I respecced from Veng to Rage over the break on my jug and holy crap, when I dinged a 10.4k Smash on a Sorc and an Operative in the same game I just went 'WTH?" but then again, they might have been wearing PvE gear, or it was my relic procs.

Because I have definitely noticed that Smash with the Power proc/Main Stat relic proc hits for an easy 9k+ on most targets without AoE reduction or Def CDs up. Without the procs its in the 8k+ range. But yeah, Smash on anybody below 40% of HP as long as they don't have a AoE reduction pretty much means they're dead in the next few seconds, if they don't already get nuked by it (considering you'll most likely have a vicious throw ready right after the Smash if they actually are at around 40%). It pulls out big numbers, but forget about killing a competent healer with that...the single target is just horrible.

In general Vengeance is much more fun and feels more useful against healers (lol ravage root) and it totally destroys people in duels, so I really don't see myself being affected by the nerf that much (though stacking for heals will definitely be back, sadly). But then again I only play Vengeance, so as long as IT doesn't get nerfed I'm fine.

• 1 month later...