The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Clone Troopers vs Republic Troopers

Mhmm...

So who is actually better? The clone troopers were actually created for the purpose of fighting and TOR troopers are troopers loyal to the republic who actually had a choice what job they'd pick, though:

Havoc squad members: Needles, Fuse, Gearbox, Wraith, Tavus were known to betray the republic due to an 'issue' on Ando Prime.

So which ones are more loyal and are better soldiers?

Edited by theskullwalker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends .If the Republic Troopers are recently drafted or if they are fighting just because the Sith invaded their living space then Clones are better.

If we are talking about professional soldiers then the Republic ones are better.They fought the Imperial military which is badas$ and force users left and right.

Edited by Kaedusz

In terms of size and firepower.

Not to mention training and all the other bells and whistles.

Edit: Besides, if it were based on size and firepower, the droid army is clearly the superior.

Edited by Aurbere

Clones by far, they're basically one huge war machine, they know everything each one of them is going to do, they're the same person yet still very individual.

They were some of the best trained Warriors in History, would happily fight to the death to save one small town, and of course had some of the strongest armaments and irrefutably amazingly designed Vessels.

Clones hands down.

Null Clones would have whooped *** at the Battle of Alderaan. :p Even though there was just 6 of em ever.

Six might be overkill :cool:

Yeah Null Arcs as about as ****** as non-force users get. They'd gut the Republic troopers just in time to take Vau and Kal out for some caf and a nice nerf steak.

Bah, screw the lore :p

The Old Republic obviously had the best troopers, just take a look at Mister Malcom! He facetanked Malgus and tried to stab him with a knife - that takes some balls of steel!

Personally, I will never be able to think of the clones as the superior force - due to them not being able to hit the broad side of a Deathstar (not possible to hit the broad side of a round thing, but still), and because I can't think of (Elite) Clones being stronger than (Elite) Human Troopers.

Oh well.

Edited by ToMyMa

Although canonically the clones were better... They can't hit the broad side of the barn in the films lol :p

What? Clones were hitting droids left and right, what did you watch?

If you're meaning Stormtroopers then that's because they were usually in battle with the main characters, so of course they weren't gonna hit any of them unless plot called for it which only happened twice.

Elsewhere they have been shown to be good shots.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Not sure about you guys,but i would treat the clones as smarter droids.Not to mention the little modifications they did to make them less individualistic,free thinking,etc.They are limited by their training and discipline.Even their elite branch.

On the other hand i would trust, professional Republic Troopers with tasks of highly sensitive and important dimensions.

But yes the clones are the best front line meat in history.

Edited by Kaedusz

Personally, I will never be able to think of the clones as the superior force - due to them not being able to hit the broad side of a Deathstar (not possible to hit the broad side of a round thing, but still), and because I can't think of (Elite) Clones being stronger than (Elite) Human Troopers.

Oh well.

You're incorrect. You're thinking of stormtroopers, not clone troopers, but while some stormtroopers were clones, there were more recruits than clones by ANH. And the stormtroopers "not hitting the broadside of a Death Star" has always been a stupid opinion. They're shooting at the main characters, remember? They obviously can't die. When the stormtroopers are shooting at unimportant characters they're quite accurate (one even hit Leia in the arm in ROTJ). The clone troopers you see in the PT are exceptionally good shooters (see ROTS where they take out multiple Jedi).

You're incorrect. You're thinking of stormtroopers, not clone troopers, but while some stormtroopers were clones, there were more recruits than clones by ANH. And the stormtroopers "not hitting the broadside of a Death Star" has always been a stupid opinion. They're shooting at the main characters, remember? They obviously can't die. When the stormtroopers are shooting at unimportant characters they're quite accurate (one even hit Leia in the arm in ROTJ). The clone troopers you see in the PT are exceptionally good shooters (see ROTS where they take out multiple Jedi).

I was just generalizing the clones by the way :p

Also, my post was mostly meant as a mere joke. I even started with a ':p', Oh well...

Clones have every virtue that the Republic Army of TOR had, however it is not vice versa. Pub Troopers would have started their training from the age of 17-18, while clones were born for it, trained all their lives for it(even though that was 10 years between the first clones being born and the Battle of Geonosis).

Clones were genetically engineered to withstand the harsh physical conditions of combat(being tired, hungry, and sleep deprived). Clones could also go through extensively long periods of combat, and probably indefinitely, while a normal soldier would have needed time to digest what they had just been through, and would need time to unwind, and then go into a training/deployment cycle.

The architects of the training regimen would have the hind sight knowledge of the Republic Troopers, while the Republic Troopers of the ToR period had to learn on the go. Less training, but more experience. I believe the Republic Troopers faced a harder challenge the Clone Army. They went against a similar force, roughly the same size, but was more brutal in execution, and some times better lead then the Droid Army. Also, the Clones had the deck stacked in their favor since the Dooku, and Palpatine never intended the Droids to win.

But lets take a company of each(roughly 144), drop them off on lets say....Balmorra. Equal compositions of weapons, vehicles, and supplies. Limit it to at least but no more than three years of combat experience for the Republic Troopers, and the Clones having to have fought the entire Clone War. I think the Clones will eventually win. Well, maybe one or two of them will be left standing. The greatest edge they have is that warfare is all they know. The are the equivalent of our ancient Spartans in the SW universe. The Republic Troopers would do well because of their experience against the Sith Empire, but I don't think it would be enough to overwhelm and defeat the Clones.

Clones have every virtue that the Republic Army of TOR had, however it is not vice versa. Pub Troopers would have started their training from the age of 17-18, while clones were born for it, trained all their lives for it(even though that was 10 years between the first clones being born and the Battle of Geonosis).

Clones were genetically engineered to withstand the harsh physical conditions of combat(being tired, hungry, and sleep deprived). Clones could also go through extensively long periods of combat, and probably indefinitely, while a normal soldier would have needed time to digest what they had just been through, and would need time to unwind, and then go into a training/deployment cycle.

The architects of the training regimen would have the hind sight knowledge of the Republic Troopers, while the Republic Troopers of the ToR period had to learn on the go. Less training, but more experience. I believe the Republic Troopers faced a harder challenge the Clone Army. They went against a similar force, roughly the same size, but was more brutal in execution, and some times better lead then the Droid Army. Also, the Clones had the deck stacked in their favor since the Dooku, and Palpatine never intended the Droids to win.

But lets take a company of each(roughly 144), drop them off on lets say....Balmorra. Equal compositions of weapons, vehicles, and supplies. Limit it to at least but no more than three years of combat experience for the Republic Troopers, and the Clones having to have fought the entire Clone War. I think the Clones will eventually win. Well, maybe one or two of them will be left standing. The greatest edge they have is that warfare is all they know. The are the equivalent of our ancient Spartans in the SW universe. The Republic Troopers would do well because of their experience against the Sith Empire, but I don't think it would be enough to overwhelm and defeat the Clones.

Well, if the Republic Troopers have Jace with them, it's GG :p

He'll stab all those clones to death... they'll never know what hit them.

:rak_03:

Rex would defeat Jace, wouldn't even come down to close combat. Rex is a great shot with his DC-17 blaster pistols, he would drop Jace before it ever even came down to close combat. Even in close combat, Rex effortlessly owned a BX commando droid avoiding the attacks(which were designed to be faster/stronger and having heavier armor than a battle droid) and defeating it H2H.

He also managed to beat a couple of others in close combat too and Rex is just a Clone Captain. Throw in a Commando, ARC or Null against Jace? Forget about it, he gets wrecked.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Hmmm this is a hard one to call but ultimately I would have to say the Old Republic Troopers simply because they were trained to fight sentient beings, droids and Sith

Although the difference would be minimal as the Clones were trained for most of their life span to deal with any situation. The only way I think that could really test it is if the Clones went up against the Sith Empire and the Pub Troopers went against the Separatists.

Just my two cents :)

Oh, Rex and Jace...

Draw. They'd definitely kill each other.

EDIT: My grammar sucks :p

Edited by Ukrist