Forced Alliances Story Arc

Vandicus

Can it be a rogue republic faction this time?

I think we've had enough rogue empire bashing done.

Oh, so it wasn't just me noticing that as well?

Btw, I believe it's Forged Alliances.

Edited by Slicka

Bah, I heard the "Alliances" name a while back in connection with 2.7 and was worried that's where things would be headed.

I was hoping I was reading too much into the specific wording of the Road Map where they said: "Two new Flashpoints on Tython and Korriban where the Empire and Republic confront each other directly, initiating a new storyline that will span updates across the entire year until its galaxy-shaking finale"

I thought it might end up being significant that they described the flashpoints as confronting each other directly, but not the storyline as a whole as confronting each other directly.

Edited by DarthDymond

The third group is the revanites.

I think that the new story makes no sense as:

how the hell the republic get into the dark council chambers? it's like the empire would have invaded the senate on coruscant not mentioning it's bloody sith sanctum imagine the horrors normal people no trained in the force would suffer just by walking in there.

HUGE SPOILERS BELOW.

Avoid like the plague if you want to go in fresh, when it comes to plot details.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Both main quest givers, namely Colonel Darok and Darth Arkuous are supposedly Revanites. The attacks on Tython and Korriban were staged and executed simultaneously, in order for them to retrieve some artifacts and / or devices, Rakata in origin, in the middle of ensuing chaos.

EDIT:

Above poster beat me to it. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Ha! I totally called this...cross faction Ops are coming!!!

Where are you getting that from? EDIT: I mean, is it in the video? (I can't watch it atm)

As for the story spoilers....

Not at all surprised that we're getting another third party for the Republic/Empire to gang up on. Would rather not deal with more Revan/Revanite stuff but I guess Bioware just can't quit Revan.

Edited by Lesaberisa

Where are you getting that from?

As for the story spoilers....

Not at all surprised that we're getting another third party for the Republic/Empire to gang up on. Would rather not deal with more Revan/Revanite stuff but I guess Bioware just can't quit Revan.

More like...

They can't quit when it comes to the inclusion of third factions, since it's far easier for them to go for that path, than actually having the Empire and the Republic beating one another to a pulp.

The stalemate, as it is, between main factions is far more advantageous for them.

Malgus' failed insurrection, the Dread Masters, the Hutt Cartel, the Shroud and now, Revan(ites) Reborn...

http://youtu.be/5NrG75S6dRc?t=1m15s

So the new story arc is called Forced Alliances. That sounds like there will be more of the Empire and Republic teaming up against a third faction.

You don't say?

People are very oblivious...

This stuff has been on the PTS for a week and now you people notice. And it's not against a third faction.

I guess people really don't pay attention to anything.

Edited by LegoUniverseBC

But in truth they are 2...

1 defense \ 1 offense....

It's like saying D7 or Kaon is different between imp\pub sides because of bit different dialogs but it's just retcons...

Makeb on the other hand is tottaly different between Imp\pub side so there you go.

Ha! I totally called this...cross faction Ops are coming!!!

I highly doubt that. It'll probably be something like we called a temporary truce story-wise. Could you imagine all the players whining on here that we could team up with the opposite faction? It'd be like the Alliance grouping up with the Horde in WOW. It happened story-wise, temporarily. It didn't happen gameplay-wise.

Edited by Slicka

That sounds like there will be more of the Empire and Republic teaming up against a third faction.

Considering that the flashpoints involve the Republic invading Korriban and the Empire invading Tython, that doesn't sound much like the Empire and Republic teaming up at all.

First if someone could provide a youtube link to that trailer, that would be appreciated. Trying to watch these trailers on the swtor website is useless.

Secondly you think after being lied to for so long, you would get used to. Republic and Empire center of the conflict my ***. Once again we have them working together. Bioware this is why you loose subs. This

is what we are still waiting for Bioware in some form. A large scale conflict between the republic and the empire. These idiots with there degrees get more stupid every day, always trying to get cute, and never sticking with what people want.