Make Treek shut up

sdjonsson

For the love of GOD !!

I have just aquired this companion and she is chatting NOSTOP, it is a pain to play with her, everytime you enter combat with anything, she's blabbing, every time you exit combat, she's blabbering again.

I'm palying with 2 of my friends as we level a character each, I have her for the healing part and she is blabbering to a point where we almost don't want to use her.

Please make her talk less like you did with the ship droids.

You could just not use her if she bothers you.

I find that a rather stupid suggestion, I bought her exactly because I WANTED to use her, but I didn't know she was talking all the time when I bought her. I still want to use her, I just don't want to listen to her all the time.

She talks way more that any other companion.

Edited by sdjonsson
spelling

Awww poor Treek! She's the most loyal companion by far, and she's a total bad-*** despite her diminutive size. She'll be far more effective by your side, if you just put up with her the way she is. She's an Ewok, Ewoks are highly social creatures and so she's going to want to talk more often than a lot of other companions.

/Signed

It's cute for about 5 minutes. The pitch of the blabbering doesn't really help, so I tend to just turn off sound whenever I use her (which is criminal as the sound/music in SW:TOR is excellent).

Please just scale the blabber back to the same level as normal companions - or allow us to turn off character verbal feedback outside of conversations.

I have to agree, I acquired Treek once my new character reached level 10. I had planned on having Treek to level up with me all the way through to 55. Yes, she's definitely awesome as a companion, been using her as a tank with my newly created Sniper.

However, as noted, she constantly talks and talks and talks. Once battle has ended I continually hear, "I claim any spoils you do not, Chief."

I can actually recognize what she's saying because she has talked that much.

Please allow us an ability to scale back her talking or even turn it off with her. I'd actually prefer to turn off her speaking than hear it at all. Which is sad. Within 10 levels, I've had enough of hearing her.

All companions talk a lot. Khem Val's fought by my side enough that I don't need the chatbox to translate for me what he's saying. The issue is as one person stated the "ear-slaying noises" that can get old after a while, particularly Treeks.

The OP's suggestion of "Please make her talk less" isn't that good of a solution in my opinion. I think a better solution would be to just have an option in the audio settings to disable companion voices but still keep it so you can read what they say in your chatbox.

• 7 months later...

yesyesyesyesyes

mute Treek

And please allow me to throw her in my ships energy cage and put a shock collar on her while were at it!

hehehe true story, Ive banned a friend from using Treek when we group togather!

Told him I dont care if shes in 180 gear, use a different companion! :D

Treek is good for crafting, PERIOD!

Great skill set but just will not shut up!

• 3 weeks later...
Funny but true story. I have my characters named after my daughters. My youngest one saw me playing her character with Treek. At first she loved it calling it her "little bear friend". After a few days she told me to put it back into her pocket (that's where she thinks the comp goes after you dismiss it) because she couldn't stand Treek's talking.

I like when my companions talk to me. The ones that speak Basic, that is, with the exception of Khem. (He amuses me with his 'sending me away, little sith, will not keep me from eating you.')

That said, I can totally agree with the OP. Treeks needs to ****. I had her out to test this complaint out...and yeah, she never shuts up! Ever. So perhaps make it so she says a bit less. The odd comment is fine, but constant jabbering....in Ewokese is migraine worthy.

Edited by Lunafox

Treek makes the gaming experience a horrible one.

I will never ever buy another companion from this game without making sure how it sounds and if it is annoying as Treek I will not touch it.

Even when she is used only for tradeskill it is annoying

Even with the other companions (i.e., even when the voice isn't ear-shredding), I get sick of hearing the same three sound clips from them again & again & again & omg-a-freaking-gain.

I would love an option to mute my companion (conversations excepted), but still see what they say in the chat window.

/SIGNED

I tell my nephew, who plays with me on weekends, that Treek is an awesome companion but her CONSTANT ewok-ese is so, so, so annoying. I use her with my Bounty Hunter. I thought Mako's overly repetitive catch phrases was annoying so I stopped using Mako. I am thinking of going back to Mako because I can't stand Treek.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was maybe 1 catchphrase every several minutes with nothing but silence in between. That awesome hairy munchkin talks constantly and repeats the same catchphrases constantly and without much of a break at all. She repeats these phrases in that high pitch voice. It's worse than nails on a chalk board. It's more like a heavy metal industrial table as it scrapes across a concrete floor while hearing a jack hammer at 6 o'clock in the morning.

Please - BioWare. Give us a mute button for the cute, cuddly, evil, magical healing, fighting teddy bear with the super annoying high pitch, hyper active, super sonic chatter box. Please!!! Thank you!

Edited by Darth_Krushya
spelling, grammar, more info

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, you think she's annoying?

She's so cute and social, and useful!

I have to admit that was kinda weird at the beginning, hearing her all the time. But her voice is really cute! When she jumps and screams "YAAAAAAAAAAAAA", you're in the heat of the action!

At last, you get used to it, and think it's fun :)

Anyway I can understand some people would like to play in peace with no noise haha :D

• 2 months later...
Yes, that one comment that ends with a sound like, "BANA-NA" is irritating not only me, but my husband and my kid who also use the office. I get tired of them complaining about it and imitating it, so I play with the sound off when I am using the character that has her.