Spoilers inbound! TCW Season 6 discussion thread!

Selenial

The ramblings of a mad man, that's how.

Not good enough.

I loved the episode and how Darth Bane was included but that part there made me so mad because in Episode 1 they all believe the Sith to have been extinct for some time.

If Yoda had known about this Rule of Two, and that Bane had created it, then they wouldn't have been too surprised that the Sith are alive, just working in secrecy.

Edited by October

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good enough.

I loved the episode and how Darth Bane was included but that part there made me so mad because in Episode 1 they all believe the Sith to have been extinct for some time.

If Yoda had known about this Rule of Two, and that Bane had created it, then they wouldn't have been too surprised that the Sith are real, just working in secrecy.

Can't recall the full story off the top of my head, so you could just Google it.

Not good enough.

If Yoda had known about this Rule of Two, and that Bane had created it, then they wouldn't have been too surprised that the Sith are real, just working in secrecy.

Sucks to be you I guess.

Not good enough.

Yoda knew about the RoT, so why wouldn't he know about Bane? If ya remember at the end of EP 1 he says

"Always two there are, Master and Apprentice."

"But which did we kill, the Master or Apprentice?"

- Yoda and Mace.

Can't recall the full story off the top of my head, so you could just Google it.

Of Rule of Two? I just re-read it last month. Bane led the Jedi Order to believe the Sith went extinct; the few Jedi that had their suspicions ended up killed when they investigated, and Bane's apprentice had 'swapped their bodies' or whatever with the corpses of others, leading the Jedi to believe that their fellow Jedi fell in battle killing the last Sith.

That didn't make much sense but hopefully it helped push your memory.

Yoda knew about the RoT, so why wouldn't he know about Bane? If ya remember at the end of EP 1 he says

"Always two there are, Master and Apprentice."

"But which did we kill, the Master or Apprentice?"

- Yoda and Mace.

Ehhh, tricky, like.

The Rule of Two somewhat predated Bane. Aside from all the groups of Sith, there were usually always two, yeah? Like for Revan, etc.

But there's no way that Yoda should've known about Bane. How could he if the Jedi Order of Bane's time didn't?

Edited by October

OK here we go:

That the Rule of Two secret somehow got out was suggested way back in Star Wars Insider #72. In a nutshell, it said that two pieces of information got out after Bane's decision to keep a lid on things: that the Sith adopted a new methodology, and that said methodology had somehow failed. After all, the Jedi did assume that the Sith were extinct as of Episode I.

Recently, the online article "Evil Never Dies" by Abel G.Pena added to this theory. In it, a seemingly mad cultist by the name of Kibh Jeen surfaced during the Dark Jedi Conflict (about 150 years before the events of Episode I) and blathered some gibberish about there always being no more or no less than two Sith at a time. The Jedi disregarded this as the ramblings of a fanatic, but Yoda remembered the incident and gave it credence enough to recall it during the revelation of the Sith presence following Darth Maul's death.

~ Star Wars Insider, Mar/Apr 2007

And according to the Jedi Path, the Jedi knew of Bane but thought he died on Ruusan.

Happy now?

Of Rule of Two? I just re-read it last month. Bane led the Jedi Order to believe the Sith went extinct; the few Jedi that had their suspicions ended up killed when they investigated, and Bane's apprentice had 'swapped their bodies' or whatever with the corpses of others, leading the Jedi to believe that their fellow Jedi fell in battle killing the last Sith.

That didn't make much sense but hopefully it helped push your memory.

No I mean how the Jedi learned of the RoT.

OK here we go:

That the Rule of Two secret somehow got out was suggested way back in Star Wars Insider #72. In a nutshell, it said that two pieces of information got out after Bane's decision to keep a lid on things: that the Sith adopted a new methodology, and that said methodology had somehow failed. After all, the Jedi did assume that the Sith were extinct as of Episode I.

Recently, the online article "Evil Never Dies" by Abel G.Pena added to this theory. In it, a seemingly mad cultist by the name of Kibh Jeen surfaced during the Dark Jedi Conflict (about 150 years before the events of Episode I) and blathered some gibberish about there always being no more or no less than two Sith at a time. The Jedi disregarded this as the ramblings of a fanatic, but Yoda remembered the incident and gave it credence enough to recall it during the revelation of the Sith presence following Darth Maul's death.

And according to the Jedi Path, the Jedi knew of Bane but thought he died on Ruusan.

Happy now?

Ah, there it is.

OK here we go:

Happy now?

Quite, thanks.

Did it happen to mention Bane as the creator of that rule, or just the rule itself existing? I reckon the former, but still.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I watched the entire Season 6 episodes yesterday, and the main impression I got was how obviously incomplete the series ended. I expected a better ended honestly and the retcons were annoying....

But overall I want to say this final season was much better than the previous one, and the credits during the 13th episode got to be a bit; I mean, TCW started in 2008 (but honestly it was completely garbage then), this show did last a good amount of time, and if it wasn't for Disney, probably could have lasted a few more seasons.

But other impressions / thoughts,

* The Jedi Are Idiots

- The entire season was pretty much a foreshadowing to Order 66 / Ep. III and they didn't really give a damn with anything that happened around them and moved on after whatever was going on passed.

- The Jedi start becoming McCarthy-like during the last few episodes which just adds to their stupidity being portrayed.

* Fives

- Following the last point, why the hell didn't anyone really start to dig into the whole situation?

- Why didn't anyone really give a damn about an organic chip they where never informed on?

- Why would they just turn their backs after Fives went to such lengths and practically cried and begged the Jedi to save the other clones and to believe him?

- I would image that something that serious would....you know...get a legitimate investigation by the Jedi, etc...

* Yoda / Qui-gon

- Why didn't Anakin say anything to anyone when he heard Qui-gon say Yoda's name in the courtyard?

- The renaming of Korriban...can't take Morriban seriously after a few decades of knowing of Korriban; guessing we should treat it like Dac - Mon Calamari.

- The obvious foreshadowing to Ep. III - Ep. VI; you'd think when Yoda heard / said "There is another Skywalker" he would have been curious as to why he said that?

- Yoda pretty much knows who Darth Sidious looks like and sounds like...I guess Palpatine is a master of the Bruce Wayne Arts?

* Shaak Ti

- So was the deleted scene form Ep. III made cannon again? Because it was made clear years ago before TFU 1 came out that that scene was never to be considered as canon and that TFU (books) were to be equal movie canon.

But in the end, I really did like this final season and really wished we had Seasons 7 and 8 made before Disney got greedy and didn't want to share with Cartoon Network. I did like the nods towards Dark Times and the OT, the music was some of the best compared to other seasons, and the look and feel was much better graphically than previous seasons.

It's a damn shame that Rebels will be a big downgrade in maturity (which TCW actually achieved starting in part of Season 4 with the team not being wusses with showing people getting killed more graphically / having darker themes) and how it looks and feels. I want to give it a chance, but it's literally the kiddy version of TCW with Kid Aladin, a "Cowboy Jedi," an overly-girly Occupy Movement "Mandalorian," the tom-boy Twi'lek captain, and a too obviously comic-relief droid. I will have a hard time watching this show and I have no idea what to really think of it other than disappointment already. TCW should have been continued and given a proper end to where it ties in to The Clone Wars animated series.

Edited by Eillack

Wait wait wait...

So Yoda is really the one responsible for the death of nearly all the Jedi...and the rise of Palpatine's Empire?

Not directly of course...but he had all the relevant information...and decided to do nothing with it.

Edited by VitalityPrime

Wait wait wait...

So Yoda is really the one responsible for the death of nearly all the Jedi...and the rise of Palpatine's Empire?

Not directly of course...but he had all the relevant information...and decided to do nothing with it.

Well the impression I got was that it was all the Jedi who were at fault; whenever something important / relevant happened they just paid attention briefly then moved on almost instantly. Yoda pretty much accepted in his heart that he knew sometime soon that everything would come to an end.

I liked this Season... had a few nice arcs, but I can't help agreeing with the poster that said that it did feel a little disconnected to the previous season.

I found it quite interesting that Mother Talzin says that she doesn't actually use the force...

What is the source of her power then? -

I always thought It was some kind of Dark Side of the Force Sorcery that she Percieves as Natural Magic connected to Deities.

So is it really the Case of her actually not using the Force or is it more of a case of her just not perceiving herself to use the Force?

Whatever it is - she seems to be a Match for Mace Windu..... :)

I liked this Season... had a few nice arcs, but I can't help agreeing with the poster that said that it did feel a little disconnected to the previous season.

I found it quite interesting that Mother Talzin says that she doesn't actually use the force...

What is the source of her power then? -

I always thought It was some kind of Dark Side of the Force Sorcery that she Percieves as Natural Magic connected to Deities.

So is it really the Case of her actually not using the Force or is it more of a case of her just not perceiving herself to use the Force?

Whatever it is - she seems to be a Match for Mace Windu..... :)

Hoh? When did she say anything about not using the Force?

Hoh? When did she say anything about not using the Force?

When She was about to drain the Queen with the REALLY Bad taste in men - She was saying that she could use the power that the Orb Collects to become more powerful than any Sith or any Jedi.

I agree with TCW being continued. At the very least Disney could of let them finish Season 6 and call it there, but what we got instead is an incomplete season. Disney just couldn't share with Cartoon Network could they? Or was it because they wanted Dave to work on Rebels for them instead of TCW?

Either way, Disney are jerks for not letting TCW finish, especially since it was doing so well and at its peak.

/facepalm Disney

I won't be watching SW: Rebels due to 2 reasons. It seems too much like a watered down version of TCW (as it was season 4-6) for kiddies with bland characters. The 2nd reason is that my TV provider doesn't have Disney XD, and as far as I know it will not be coming on Netflix.

Edited by Essence_of_Light