Spoilers inbound! TCW Season 6 discussion thread!

Selenial

Not really, Vader is a better duelist than Ti. Though I don't think she would have great depth knowledge of Vader to the extent of Luke and Obi-Wan, besides Vader knows not to be stupid.

Vader has almost fallen to lesser combatants on numerous occasions, take Vader vs Maul, Maul simply out-duelled him, now does that mean Vader is less skilled? certainly not, Maul's perfected style however is the perfect counter-form, Shaak Ti would be along a similar vein to this.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vader has almost fallen to lesser combatants on numerous occasions, take Vader vs Maul, Maul simply out-duelled him, now does that mean Vader is less skilled? certainly not, Maul's perfected style however is the perfect counter-form, Shaak Ti would be along a similar vein to this.

Maul didn't outduel him, he was just merely faster and knocked him on the head. Maul is also a superior duelist to Ti too so...Maul isn't a lesser opponent.

Well, I don't know. It was fairly accurate. We saw Sidious cutting down the Jedi he cut down, we saw Jedi turning on clones in a metaphorical way, and we saw Shaak Ti dying. Dying is quite an important and distinct happening, metaphorical or not death means death. That and TFU is already up for retconning.

Yeh, the entirety of theforce.net was certain the Korriban/Moraband thing meant certain doom, we all know how that turned out.

We also know from Lucas himself that he decided Shaak Ti would be better used as she is in TFU, than being fodder for Vader or Grievous.

Maul didn't outduel him, he was just merely faster and knocked him on the head. Maul is also a superior duelist to Ti too so...Maul isn't a lesser opponent.

Shaak Ti was highly proficient in every form and was a complete master of Ataru and Niman, she was also considered one of the finest Makashi duellists of the Clone Wars by Dooku himself.

Wouldn't be so certain about that.

Yeh, the entirety of theforce.net was certain the Korriban/Moraband thing meant certain doom, we all know how that turned out.

We also know from Lucas himself that he decided Shaak Ti would be better used as she is in TFU, than being fodder for Vader or Grievous.

Perhaps, but the Rebels show seems to be indicating a retcon of all that. It explicitly states the show will cover the formation of the Rebel Alliance. And the Moraband/Korriban drama was just dumb.

Shaak Ti was highly proficient in every form and was a complete master of Ataru and Niman, she was also considered one of the finest Makashi duellists of the Clone Wars by Dooku himself.

Wouldn't be so certain about that.

Great, but Maul is still a better duelist, he's considered one of the greatest Sith swordmasters in Star Wars as per fact rather then a statement.

Who has Ti actually beaten in a duel that makes her being able to beat Maul or Vader?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Perhaps, but the Rebels show seems to be indicating a retcon of all that. It explicitly states the show will cover the formation of the Rebel Alliance. And the Moraband/Korriban drama was just dumb.

Certainly a possibility, but I have faith in Leland Chee, TCW Season 6 has reinforced my belief that he is going to do everything he can to keep canon intact.

Well lets stop and think what Shaak Ti knows, I think based on what she knows she could easily think she could beat Vader. I mean she is powerful, probably though she could beat Skywalker, and has a nexus of energy to draw on.

At the very least its her duty to try.

Certainly a possibility, but I have faith in Leland Chee, TCW Season 6 has reinforced my belief that he is going to do everything he can to keep canon intact.
To be honest I hope so, I thoroughly enjoyed TFU storyline.

At least we know the Old Republic era is safe.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well lets stop and think what Shaak Ti knows, I think based on what she knows she could easily think she could beat Vader. I mean she is powerful, probably though she could beat Skywalker, and has a nexus of energy to draw on.

At the very least its her duty to try.

That, and had it gone as planned, Brood would have been there to help her too.

But Vader came too soon, and Ti feared for Brood's attunement to the force.

Great, but Maul is still a better duelist, he's considered one of the greatest Sith swordmasters in Star Wars.

As Shaak Ti is considered one of the finest sword masters in the entire Jedi Order by Lucas himself, to quote the great man:

"Shaak Ti is basically the tribal warrior of the Jedi Order, she stands right up there with Mace and Obi as one of the best laser sword masters, what made her so fun for me is how she uses the environment.... {..}

At first I was going to have her killed by Grievous to develop him as a villain on-screen, but whilst we were doing an animation of the Clone Wars I decided she could be killed by Annie when he reveals himself in the Temple, but remembering what she was supposed to represent on the Council, I kept her alive, now she goes out kind of like a wild Chieftain."

Taken from Lucas' commentaries on TFU.

As Shaak Ti is considered one of the finest sword masters in the entire Jedi Order by Lucas himself, to quote the great man:

"Shaak Ti is basically the tribal warrior of the Jedi Order, she stands right up there with Mace and Obi as one of the best laser sword masters, what made her so fun for me is how she uses the environment.... {..}

At first I was going to have her killed by Grievous to develop him as a villain on-screen, but whilst we were doing an animation of the Clone Wars I decided she could be killed by Annie when he reveals himself in the Temple, but remembering what she was supposed to represent on the Council, I kept her alive, now she goes out kind of like a wild Chieftain."

Taken from Lucas' commentaries on TFU.

Yet she has shown nothing that would put her on that rank, who has she fought against and won?

Also is there a source/link to that?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yet she has shown nothing that would put her on that rank, who has she fought against and won?

You know as well as I do that is not all that matters.

In-fact Lucas' opinion is basically word of god, if he thinks she is right up there with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu, then she is.

Regardless, she would have beaten Starkiller, an argument we've gone over before, Count Dooku believed Ventress wasn't a match for her by any measure, gifting praise to the Togruta, which is a rare thing for him.

Vader himself considered Shaak Ti to likely be the end of Starkiller and did not believe he would return from his mission alive and IIRC Sidious was extremely aggravated when he found out Shaak Ti survived Operation Knightfall and chastised Vader severely because of that.

The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Edited by LadyKulvax

In-fact Lucas' opinion is basically word of god, if he thinks she is right up there with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu, then she is.

Regardless, she would have beaten Starkiller, an argument we've gone over before, Count Dooku believed Ventress wasn't a match for her by any measure, gifting praise to the Togruta, which is a rare thing for him.

Vader himself considered Shaak Ti to likely be the end of Starkiller and did not believe he would return from his mission alive and IIRC Sidious was extremely aggravated when he found out Shaak Ti survived Operation Knightfall and chastised Vader severely because of that.

It kinda does, because she already was bested by Grevious and was forced to flee from Anakin. If she really was as what GL says, then I'm pretty sure she would have at least done better against Grevious.

Yeah Vader did, but at that point Galen was still growing in power and quite honestly he isn't all what he is cracked up to be considering he has had trouble with Proxy and Shadow Guards.

Who did Maul fight and win?

It kinda does, because she already was bested by Grevious and was forced to flee from Anakin. If she really was as what GL says, then I'm pretty sure she would have at least done better against Grevious.

Well Ti, Mundi and Secura was the first EVER to see Grievous to fight, they were caught off-guard. Everyone else, even if they didn't fight him before, had the advantage of knowing what he is capable of.

Edited by cs_zoltan

Yeah Vader did, but at that point Galen was still growing in power and quite honestly he isn't all what he is cracked up to be considering he has had trouble with Proxy and Shadow Guards.

Greivous + dozens of MagnaGuards, that was hardly a fair fight, plus the General still had that element of mystery and surprise going for him, which later seemed to vanish in duels against people he'd already bested beforehand, which he then lost.

Yes and he still beats Vader on the Death Star.

Regardless Lucas says Shaak Ti is equal with Windu and Kenobi using a lightsaber, doesn't really matter what we think.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Greivous + dozens of MagnaGuards, that was hardly a fair fight, plus the General still had that element of mystery and surprise going for him, which later seemed to vanish in duels against people he'd already bested beforehand.

Yes and he still beats Vader on the Death Star.

Regardless Lucas says Shaak Ti is equal with Windu and Kenobi using a lightsaber, doesn't really matter what we think.

I'm not speaking of that instance, speaking of the instance with the other 4 Jedi she was with.

Yeah he beat Vader by abusing his Force Powers, not in saber skill.

Again though, do you have a source/link to that comment?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm not speaking of that instance, speaking of the instance with the other 4 Jedi she was with.

Yeah he beat Vader by abusing his Force Powers, not in saber skill.

Again though, do you have a source/link to that comment?

Again, as I said before, Grievous also beat a whole bunch of other Jedi during the early days of the Clone Wars, then much later on, some of those same Jedi either defeat Grievous or best him momentarily, in reality, Grievous gets nerf-batted hard in the 2008 series, so it's difficult to make an adequate comparison, he used to be the Vader of the era, now he's just an inter-changeable Batman villain of the week.

Something Shaak Ti may also do.

I already stated earlier: The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Again, as I said before, Grievous also beat a whole bunch of other Jedi during the early days of the Clone Wars, then much later on, some of those same Jedi either defeat Grievous or best him momentarily, in reality, Grievous gets nerf-batted hard in the 2008 series, so it's difficult to make an adequate comparison, he used to be the Vader of the era, now he's just an inter-changeable Batman villain of the week.

Something Shaak Ti may also do.

I already stated earlier: The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I'm not so sure......but if that's what it says ok though her feats don't add up to the quote and she was bested by both Grevious and Anakin. So I don't think Vader would lose to her either.

But anyway time to drop this now.

The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Vader didn't believe Starkiller would be a match for anyone, always doubting he'd return alive.