future of arena

Ashwinn

I couldn't find anywhere in this interview that said Cross Server queue isn't happening. Can you please explain why you quoted the article as if it's a "nail in the coffin" point on the subject?

Cross server queues with more team sizes (2v2, 3v3) alone would make PVP grow immensly.

Then add daily quests for Arena and gear that rewards progression. I think you would get some really happy people in the pvp community with these things.

I would love it if they added 3v3 and 2v2, but I doubt it would work with tanking mechanics how they are now. There isn't enough CC and interrupts are too weak for one dps to outplay guard +heals in a tank/healer/dps 3v3 setting. Tank/healer or tank hybrid/healer 2v2 mirrors would also be stupid.

I don't quite think you get it. The list of priorities currently is CM>PvE>GSF>some BS>PvP. They're not going to commit to cross server or even attempt to think about it unless they think PvE or GSF will need it and even then they're going to have to overhaul the engine first.

I guess this is right. Every day and with each update, the game is starting to feel more like an add-on for The Sims than Star Wars. Almost 2 years for a new 8v8 map tells the story right there

there can be no competitive pvp (incl arena) without cross server queues. whether those aren't happening because bioware cannot into server infrastructure design or because they don't want people from pve realms getting reaped and bullied by meanies from pvp ones doesn't even matter anymore.

I think it is cause they are waiting until the game population is small enough to all fit on one server.

I think it is cause they are waiting until the game population is small enough to all fit on one server.

They could do another merge, and I fully expect another one within the next six months. They'd have to decide whether they want to do it regionally or by type. Or both: the PvP servers can all go together and they could merge Rp-PVE/PVE servers together regionally.

I don't quite think you get it. The list of priorities currently is CM>PvE>GSF>some BS>PvP. They're not going to commit to cross server or even attempt to think about it unless they think PvE or GSF will need it and even then they're going to have to overhaul the engine first.

Okay I see what he was getting at... still though it would be disengenuous for anyone to think that cross server wouldn't help PVE or GSF.

I would love it if they added 3v3 and 2v2, but I doubt it would work with tanking mechanics how they are now. There isn't enough CC and interrupts are too weak for one dps to outplay guard +heals in a tank/healer/dps 3v3 setting. Tank/healer or tank hybrid/healer 2v2 mirrors would also be stupid.

I've thougth about this but I think the short arena timer as well as the DOT that can't be healed at the end of each match would make this manageable and even if it didn't it wouldn't be a lot of trouble to find a fix for those problems.

My thought is that tank/tank, tank/healer, healer/healer groups would get destroyed in the closing moments of a match against any team that had a DPS.

I've thougth about this but I think the short arena timer as well as the DOT that can't be healed at the end of each match would make this manageable and even if it didn't it wouldn't be a lot of trouble to find a fix for those problems.

My thought is that tank/tank, tank/healer, healer/healer groups would get destroyed in the closing moments of a match against any team that had a DPS.

Maybe, but I doubt anyone considers winning because of the acid an actual win or a fun win. I know I don't. I agree with a lot of what you're suggesting though.

I couldn't find anywhere in this interview that said Cross Server queue isn't happening. Can you please explain why you quoted the article as if it's a "nail in the coffin" point on the subject?

Cross server queues with more team sizes (2v2, 3v3) alone would make PVP grow immensly.

Then add daily quests for Arena and gear that rewards progression. I think you would get some really happy people in the pvp community with these things.

From the article:

"When asked if there were any new Operations in the works, the answer was a definitive yes, but no specifics to announce other than that they were actively being worked on. Finally, they said that they were going to wait and see the demand before working on the notion of Ranked GSF matches, but that there were no plans for any cross-server queuing for either ground or Galactic Starfighter PVP. "

Edited by Prototypemind

See above response, it's right there.

i would like to see

1. cross server

2. mixed faction in pvp

3. ranked 8vs 8

4. different maps for ranked and for normal, because i guess voidstar, alderaan, novare, hyperhate etc. are not designed for bunch of random ppl, that's for a group with voicechat, absolutely boring to guard something and big risk to loose a match = no fun = designed strictly for full ranked teams ...we need new maps for beginners

gl

english is my third language :p

Edited by mrekxxx