What happens to characters after PTS goes away?

Shangelios

Hello all,

I'm curious to know what happens to characters on PTS after it finishes, do they get deleted as the server goes? Or will it just return to the previous server. I'm really eager to try out the new Flashpoints on my 55 sorc but I'm worried that I will loose him as the server goes offline. Can someone explain what exactly happens?

Thanks in advance:rolleyes:

If you're thinking you will lose your live version Sorc, you won't. It is a copy to PTS, rather than a transfer. If/when they wipe the PTS, any progress you make there is erased, but won't affect your live version.

Same thing goes for positive changes... Any gear you get on PTS is stuck there, you can't transfer it back to live version.

I believe that your toon is physically moved, via flash drive, from your origination server to the test server. Once the test server goes away, I believe the toon that you transferred is deleted along with all records of him. I think it's safest to grind a toon separately on the test server to avoid any conflicts with your real toons...

Or...maybe they just copy it and you basically have a clone of whatever toon you wanted to test with...