2.4+ The Ebon Hawk PvE Progression Thread

xxgpzxx

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

:rak_03:

To be fair, they did have to carry me through which is a heavy load.

I wouldn't say carrying you is -heavy-, looking at the parse you posted you did about 887k, so with 11 DPS you should have done 909090 damage by the kill to ensure you did your own respective damage, not including the tank's damage or the popshots by healers. 909090-887237 = 21835 Damage left to be done additionally by the others before the enrage to ensure they made up for your death. So, that's not really a heavy carry :p For example, last night I did shy of 1.07 Million damage, that alone would have made up for you, even if it was only 10 DPS in the group. Don't put yourself down, you did fine from what I can tell.

Edited by Luckygunslinger

Updated

Also what is everyones thoughts on adding PTS kills?

Like maybe PTS Kill?

I don't think we should include PTS kills. Some people purposefully avoid the PTS. Plus, that content isn't exactly tuned properly yet.

:rak_03:

I wouldn't say carrying you is -heavy-, looking at the parse you posted you did about 887k, so with 11 DPS you should have done 909090 damage by the kill to ensure you did your own respective damage, not including the tank's damage or the popshots by healers. 909090-887237 = 21835 Damage left to be done additionally by the others before the enrage to ensure they made up for your death. So, that's not really a heavy carry :p For example, last night I did shy of 1.07 Million damage, that alone would have made up for you, even if it was only 10 DPS in the group. Don't put yourself down, you did fine from what I can tell.

Bonkz was being humble. He's a whole merc and carried his fair share of the load and his heavy armor too.

I don't think we should include PTS kills. Some people purposefully avoid the PTS. Plus, that content isn't exactly tuned properly yet.

Agreed primarily for the tuning aspect. As a member of a guild which doesn't do content on the PTS, I wouldn't mind tracking PTS kills from point of view that it puts later live kills in perspective. At the same time though, the content on the PTS isn't tuned yet and is only barely reflective of what will happen when it hits live, and so doubtless some people would assign too much weight to a PTS kill and others would assign too little. It's just a recipe for misunderstanding and future drama.

Since most guilds are passing on the PTS for one reason or another (PV and UWA are the only ones I know of that are planning on running), it just doesn't seem like there would be any value derived from tracking such kills as progression, and there's a lot of potential for soreness later. Let's just say "grats" to the guilds getting clears on the PTS and leave it at that. :-)

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Agreed primarily for the tuning aspect. As a member of a guild which doesn't do content on the PTS, I wouldn't mind tracking PTS kills from point of view that it puts later live kills in perspective. At the same time though, the content on the PTS isn't tuned yet and is only barely reflective of what will happen when it hits live, and so doubtless some people would assign too much weight to a PTS kill and others would assign too little. It's just a recipe for misunderstanding and future drama.

Since most guilds are passing on the PTS for one reason or another (PV and UWA are the only ones I know of that are planning on running), it just doesn't seem like there would be any value derived from tracking such kills as progression, and there's a lot of potential for soreness later. Let's just say "grats" to the guilds getting clears on the PTS and leave it at that. :-)

Concur.

The bosses on PTS, as they stand now, do not have the Nightmare Power buff active, so they are essentially HM DF bosses with extra mechanics. That's not a meaningful thing to track from a progression standpoint.

Plus, the amount of time and energy devoted to PTS progression isn't representative of live servers, so there's that too.

If people choose to discuss their PTS kills, props to them, but frankly I'd be surprised if anyone does, since everyone tends to keep things close to the chest during the initial progression race.

I do think it's a mistake to not even get basic exposure on the PTS, especially as BioWare does seem to have finally struck a balance between being able to public-test mechanics to debug fights vs. expose final difficulty levels prematurely, but each guild is certainly free to act as they see fit.

Today marks a glorious day for the Ebon Hawk. We are now caught up with current progression. We now have: From Beyond, Dragonslayer, and Eternal Warrior!

Congrats to everyone and their hard work. Let's focus and push NiM Dread Fortress hard. We have the talent, all we need is the drive and determination!

Today marks a glorious day for the Ebon Hawk. We are now caught up with current progression. We now have: From Beyond, Dragonslayer, and Eternal Warrior!

Congrats to everyone and their hard work. Let's focus and push NiM Dread Fortress hard. We have the talent, all we need is the drive and determination!

And LOTS of MOUNTAIN DEW!!! YEEEEAAAAH!!!

x2 what Deci said. Congrats on the kill!

Deci that was the best thing I think I've ever saw anyone type out on a progression forums awesome and you're right we have the talent to compete :D

Not anything new for us as a guild, but now both of our progression groups are on the same page :) Thurs/sun got HM brontes last week, but Wed/Mon only had a couple hours to work on her this past raid lockout...Wed/mon cleared 9/10 on wednesday, and proceeded to get our team's first Brontes kill as a one shot last night :D

Congrats to Aisthesis, that's freakin' awesome on the timed run :) Hateful's not that far away!

Edited by Archaetorrhi

Not anything new for us as a guild, but now both of our progression groups are on the same page :) Thurs/sun got HM brontes last week, but Wed/Mon only had a couple hours to work on her this past raid lockout...Wed/mon cleared 9/10 on wednesday, and proceeded to get our team's first Brontes kill as a one shot last night :D

Congrats to Aisthesis, that's freakin' awesome on the timed run :)Hateful's not that far away!

Soon. :rak_03:

13% with two of our biggest dps dead before we cleared the first hallway? With 2 people subbing in, and with two of the surviving members having computer problems where they cant see the boss because he decided "im a groundhog" and fell through the floor for 30%of the fight?

Yeah I think soon :rak_03: is a fair statement

Not to mention 20% 15 man just to get some more practice haha