Without cap ships...

ToMyMa

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That. Is. DISGUSTING. XD

Well, I got the brilliant idea at the start of the game and said to my friend: "We should try to camp the enemies' spawn". And when we did, the rest of our team decided they wanted to join in on the fun! :D

Though all of the opponents were f2ps and referreds...

Well, I got the brilliant idea at the start of the game and said to my friend: "We should try to camp the enemies' spawn". And when we did, the rest of our team decided they wanted to join in on the fun! :D

You mean, pilots just learning, easily prone to frustration, and highly likely to quit if they experience something like this?

Huh.

Guess somebody on the GSF dev team should have considered that facet of things?

You mean, pilots just learning, easily prone to frustration, and highly likely to quit if they experience something like this?

Huh.

Well, it's not like anyone could've foreseen that, amirite? :rolleyes:

To be honest, it's the first time I've seen it on ToFN, so it isn't really a problem (I play a lot, and it's really rare - even when the enemies are... horrid)

Huh.

Judging by his radar it looks like they got the message and just spawned at the next ship over. Where is the problem here? If a team is out-classed, it will be defeated whether the fight is at a cap ship or in the field and with 3 places to spawn dying more than once to a camper should be infrequent.

Ah, so you're one of those guys who likes to ruin things for others? If you don't like GSF, don't queue...helps everyone out.

Congratulations! You just decreased your server's GSF population. You have now forfeited your rights to complain about queues in the future.

Jays us, calm down :p it's not like there aren't any queues at ToFN - and I've never complained about GSF queues, the only queues I've complained about are ranked, but they are going every second now.

And Tux's, where did I say, or indicate, that I didn't like GSF? It's one of the best things that has happened to the game, and those new players won't leave - they got the message. Sometimes you lose sometimes you win.

Judging by his radar it looks like they got the message and just spawned at the next ship over. Where is the problem here? If a team is out-classed, it will be defeated whether the fight is at a cap ship or in the field and with 3 places to spawn dying more than once to a camper should be infrequent.

Provided they ever queue again, sure!

And, of course, they don't ever again run into a team that can set up shop like that on B. I think you misunderstand the thread starter's intent (I don't say "OP"; don't bother with the correction!) here.

This was a proof of concept. That team could have easily camped B and played shuttle offense a la Domination (which, of course, is why B is strategically the most important objective) if they wanted to. They were nice and didn't.

Also - doesn't it just look STUPID to park a bunch of Republic weapons on top of an Imperial cruiser, and the cruiser's COOL with that?! XD I mean, come on!

Provided they ever queue again, sure!

And, of course, they don't ever again run into a team that can set up shop like that on B. I think you misunderstand the thread starter's intent (I don't say "OP"; don't bother with the correction!) here.

This was a proof of concept. That team could have easily camped B and played shuttle offense a la Domination (which, of course, is why B is strategically the most important objective) if they wanted to. They were nice and didn't.

Also - doesn't it just look STUPID to park a bunch of Republic weapons on top of an Imperial cruiser, and the cruiser's COOL with that?! XD I mean, come on!

Well, that was my initial thought - to park my bomber (died in that on the trek there) on top of an Imperial Harrower Cruiser. And to the others: by the time I got there in my Gunship, we had a lead of 10 kills. The game was over at that point, even.

Congratulations! You just decreased your server's GSF population. You have now forfeited your rights to complain about queues in the future.

Truth is, its not his fault. People everywhere is doing that, Bioware is responsible for this mess. Its up to them to fix the mess by making the ships shoot again.

The issue isn't so much that the ships stopped shooting, if they still shot the minefield would be just outside the spawn range as opposed to right on top of it but the end result is the same. One team getting completely destroyed by a better team. What they need is matchmaking, specifically for premades. If you're in a premade, you should get matched against another premade of equal size. Every. Single. Time. The queues would be longer, but i'de rather wait a half hour for a balanced game than have instant pops where 3/4 times the game is decided before the first shot is fired due to team comp, premades, or stacking of skill on one side. While i'm at it, they ought to implement a hidden rating and try to balance pugs by it. Fact of the matter is, this game really sucks to get into. Hell i'm an experienced pilot and I wouldn't touch anything but my mastered blackbolt because its so painful to have a green ship. Now compound the gear gap with the slow comm earns for the F2P and prefs and you have a recipie for disaster. This game mode is going to whither and die if they keep letting premades of self proclaimed aces farm newbies at will.

Its either matchmaking, or watch GSF turn into group ranked in space.

Bioware is responsible for this completely. Even pilots who don't spawn-camp will sometimes get "you are not contributing" and therefore rush to the spawn-camp.

If this were like a 1980's NES game, You would simply have some invulnerability for a short time after spawn, because that causes enemy players to move away during your period of uber'ness. It's a pretty simple game-design solution, but for some reason the developers can't think of simple solutions.

Perhaps the development team does not fully understand human behavior with regards to playing competitive games. So we get things like turrets to prevent spawn-camps that also count their kills towards the team's score. Then we get that taken away and we get spawn-camping.

You can't blame players on this one. They are doing exactly what is required for maximum reward by the system.

And Tux's, where did I say, or indicate, that I didn't like GSF? It's one of the best things that has happened to the game, and those new players won't leave - they got the message. Sometimes you lose sometimes you win.

I said that sarcastically...I was implying (poorly) that you were going to drive players away from GSF. I LOVE GSF and I want more and more players to queue up and gear up so that it remains fun content for a long time.

You did demonstrate something to me though...as much as I can't believe it, players will be stupid enough to NOT change spawn locations. I don't think we need Cap ships back how they were, but we need to do something with GSF so that IF you're able to set up your farm like you did there, there needs to be an idiot-proof way to spawn somewhere else, away from the blockade...because you proved that some player will just never figure it out on their own...which again, shocks me I guess...

Bioware is responsible for this completely. Even pilots who don't spawn-camp will sometimes get "you are not contributing" and therefore rush to the spawn-camp.

If this were like a 1980's NES game, You would simply have some invulnerability for a short time after spawn, because that causes enemy players to move away during your period of uber'ness. It's a pretty simple game-design solution, but for some reason the developers can't think of simple solutions.

Perhaps the development team does not fully understand human behavior with regards to playing competitive games. So we get things like turrets to prevent spawn-camps that also count their kills towards the team's score. Then we get that taken away and we get spawn-camping.

You can't blame players on this one. They are doing exactly what is required for maximum reward by the system.

BRILLIANT...Q F E! PERFECTLY said Suzina!!!!

Short term immunity. I kinda like it. It would have to be short enough that good players couldn't find a way to abuse it, but long enough that you would be able to clear the area if it is camped. What's it take to boost to the edge of the old turret protected zone? Maybe 10 seconds?

So if enemies to close to your spawn, you would pop out blasting. Fun. :)

The only question then is how you deal with Hyperspace Beacons. Do I get immunity if I respawn at a bomber dropped beacon? That could be abused, so probably not.

I was thinking this the other day. The simplest way to fix spawn camping would be a 10 second 'invulnerability' buff after spawning. No worries about mines and should give you enough time to boost into range to attack gunships etc, but not long enough to gain a huge advantage for being killed.

With cap ship that happens also...

You can't do that on a cap ship that is shooting at you. Look at the bottom of the picture. That is an imperial cap ship spawn point. ... With a gunship cherry on top

Edited by OscarDivine
addition

I ran into this today, same faction. I reported him and moved on. BW will have to fix it or people simply won't keep playing. Queues on my server are already taken twice as long as they did a month ago. New people get frustrated enough when the geared ships are impossible for them to kill but they die over and over. (Not sure why BW couldn't see that one coming, either.)

I'ts not just new players who suffer from non-active capital ships, I have a couple fully complete ships and there is nothing you can do when you hit ready , and before you can even exit the hyperspace tunnel an avalanche of seeker and perimeter drones blow you up ... this is a whole new level of Bioware's lack of foresight... nobody in that office foresaw this coming? Edited by Noriosi

I ran into this today, same faction. I reported him and moved on. BW will have to fix it or people simply won't keep playing. Queues on my server are already taken twice as long as they did a month ago. New people get frustrated enough when the geared ships are impossible for them to kill but they die over and over. (Not sure why BW couldn't see that one coming, either.)

There's nothing wrong in doing it, tbh, as it's almost the same as camping at your own ship (before patch). It's a game mechanic, albeit a bad one.

Well, it's not like anyone could've foreseen that, amirite? :rolleyes:

To be honest, it's the first time I've seen it on ToFN, so it isn't really a problem (I play a lot, and it's really rare - even when the enemies are... horrid)

only thing worse than loseing a game is people that spawn camp, only thing that ever achieves is puts people off playing gsf.

u want to know difference between u and me would be in that game if that's how it started shaping up I wouldn't give a crap about kills, damage etc would just fall back and go pick up some power ups for achievement instead farming noobs.

Grats u really made ya self look a real **** and doing ya part to decrease gsf players. may not ***** right now with queues but without a constant stream of new people coming through it will eventually increase queue times on all servers.