The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sabine's armor.

drakensang

Sorry to burst your bubble, but No. Because

1. She doesn't exist yet in this game's timeline. Her grandparent's grandparents don't exist yet. SW: Rebels takes place AFTER Episode 3 and BEFORE Episode IV AKA A New Hope. This game takes place thousands of years in the past before Episode 1. Any armor designs that we do get are based on Lore from the time periods before this game not after.
  2. The armor design which it is based off of, the Modern era Armor, doesn't exist yet. That was started by Mandalore the Uniter who was around the time of Darth Bane.
  3. This game has nothing to do with Star Wars: Rebels.
  4. If we get Sabine's armor we might as well get Boba Fett's armor.

Sorry but your request just sounds too unrealistic.

Edited by CassusVerda

1. She doesn't exist yet in this game's timeline. Her grandparent's grandparents don't exist yet. SW: Rebels takes place AFTER Episode 3 and BEFORE Episode IV AKA A New Hope. This game takes place thousands of years in the past before Episode 1. Any armor designs that we do get are based on Lore from the time periods before this game not after.
  2. The armor design which it is based off of, the Modern era Armor, doesn't exist yet. That was started by Mandalore the Uniter who was around the time of Darth Bane.

But precedence in fictional history is hardly a requirement for the introduction of new armor in the game.Keep in mind that one of the very first available sets of adaptive armor is modeled after Hutt-Slave-fashion 3000 years in the future. In fact, I honestly doubt that the majority of available armors can be pinpointed to EU-sources.

Fictional historical accuracy isn't even something that is unequivocally supported by the community. We have for example a quite vocal group who obviously has their ideas about proper jedi-attire from the OT and are very unhappy about the decorated and/or plated robes that seem more common in the old republic.

From this I would suggest we forget about it and focus on the reasons why outfits that resemble OT and PT-gear are in the game, despite the unavoidable anachronisms.The answer can be easily given if we look at the slave girl costume. Ever since the OT it was iconic for Star Wars. An argument that can be made within a few months after the start of Star Wars Rebels for Sabine's armor too. She is one of the heros and her outfit is unique enough to have a high recall value. In a relatively short time it will say 'Star Wars' as well as any Stormtrooper-armor, if not more.

It wouldn't be implausible either, because the Mandalorians seem to be actively recruiting and likely got people from a variety of backgrounds, of whom some might be able to paint.

Add to this that it would be a relatively easy outfit, because the decorations are simple textures and the armor itself has a pretty low modeling complexity, and it looks like a rather good idea.

Edited by drakensang

LOL, it's amusing to watch the silly "Don't Break the Lore Rules" players comments! Especially in a Video Game world where we have Lightsabers, Force Powers, Hyper Drives, and Die in a Warzone but get magically resurrected.

I guess in this fantasy Sci-Fi game, thousands of years in the future, no one has invented a Time Travel device with the ability to send someone from their time-line with a futuristic Armor set/weapon back to ours and accidently leave it here. Maybe we can hope to get ported to the Terminator Universe where they can do things like that and be realistic.

If the person who made this thread want's something, whether it be a Unicorn or a floating Astroid mount, then let him, instead of making silly "unrealistic" comments in a Sci-Fi game world, where pretty much anything is possible.

Edited by Vorpaledged

You are being silly.

All of the existing armor in the game has been inspired by the movies and EU sources(...except for the end game abominations the devs made...Who the heck knows where those came from. :rolleyes: )

Much of the Jedi armor was inspired by the Clone Wars cartoon series and the movies, naturally. While much of the Sith armor was inspired by Vader.

We have bounty hunter armor that already resembles Jango and Boba Fett, and of course trooper armor inspired from storm troopers, and clone troopers.

Smuggler - Han ('nuff said ;) )

Agent - Grand Moff Tarkin...Somehow :confused:

In short, their really is nothing wrong with introducing more armor inspired from the Movie era. In fact it isn't a bad idea in my opinion.

I guess I am being silly. But still I think it's a bit too much. So call me silly. Those armor designs aren't COMPLETE copies of the originals, but rather homage. Now if they were to release a similar set with similar markings...I guess that would be okay. But a complete rip...I don't think so. Edited by CassusVerda

Looking at that second picture I feel like the tag line for the show should be something like "Watch Sabine adjust to a new high school where her new friends don't understand her bounty hunter ways." And Boba Fett is her Dad and he just sits at home and drinks thinking about the good old days when he froze Han in carbonite.

• 7 months later...
Her armour is Mandalorian armour. The Mandalorians pre-date the old republic.

That being said, who knows when they started using that armour design.

Right around the time the Taung took the pre-Mandalorians in to teach their ways. The T-visor, according to the lore, is based on Taung faces.

To an earlier poster: Jedi had armor sets, but as peacekeepers, rarely ever had a reason to wear them. Most Jedi armor likely dated back to this era lore-wise. Clone trooper gear was based in Jango's armor in a loose manner, as well as preexisting (in lore) TOR gear since the galaxy had not had a galactic war since the Sith were "eradicated" approximately 1000 years before Phantom Menace.

Gold Slave Bikinis have been standard pleasure slave gear forever. It isn't armor, it's fetishwear. Or standard wear to humiliate the wearer.

There is a lore reason for everything.

The triangle ships the Galactic Empire/Galactic Republic just before it used were based on the superior weaponry used by the earlier Empire, even though (supposedly) better tacticians were Pubside. In the Clone Wars, they needed the best, and since the Empire was clearly no more...

I guess in this fantasy Sci-Fi game, thousands of years in the future

No....NO! :mad: It takes places a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Not in the future! GEEZ! In fact it is even longer ago then the original "a long time ago"! :eek: ARGH!

.....sry, but that set off the monster nerd in me....sry....

No....NO! :mad: It takes places a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Not in the future! GEEZ! In fact it is even longer ago then the original "a long time ago"! :eek: ARGH!

.....sry, but that set off the monster nerd in me....sry....

I relate, my friend. The best part is that people forget that it is also in a galaxy far, far away.

From the images I've seen of that character I have a hard time believing she's even a Mando in the first place or that that's Mando armor. It looks like a crappy discount color it yourself with crayons halloween costume.... I'm sorry it just does. The disney show is targeted to a very young audience, I haven't seen the show myself I saw a trailer and they didn't feature her in it at all really but it gave me plenty of information on the target audience. From what I have seen of Sabine it's a character targeted to little girls who think they're helping daddy when they put glitter and stickers and paint all over daddy's security clearance ID that can get him fired if tampered with.

Sorry if I'm offended anyone or seem really judgemental of the character here but it just doesn't look good to me. Granted I by no means am forced to have such armor in SWTOR but I'd rather see them put forth stronger more refined content in terms of armor if they're going to create new content instead of just selling armor that already existed in the past.

Edited by Wasbeer

• 3 weeks later...

not sure you watching this thread anymore drakensang. just saying there are ways to build similar pieces of sabine's armor. First of all you need to be on the empire side to get the mandalorian type of helmet and then you look at tor fashion site to see witch armor type could match with sabine. then you buy pink dye color with maybe black as second color. totally up to you how you want it to look. or its possible with the mandalorian hunter armor if you want to be on the republic side. smuggler class might be best or bounty hunter on the imperial side.

This is how I do it to try to match the armors from the star wars movies or games from certain ppl or npc. so good luck drakensang.

Edited by Swook

Nobody gives a **** about lore for armor. If people are willing to pay for it, Bioware should consider making it. Lore be damned.

I really hope that the devs have much higher standards than you do.

Standards? The lore was "invented" out of thin air. It changes all the time. The only thing foolish is to assume that armor should be locked into some ridiculous arbitrary time period based on some made up lore. Do you honestly think that if ludo kressh wore a pink tutu, nobody born prior to ludo kressh could ever have worn a pink tutu'? Get real.

This is an MMO. It is a business. People vote with their wallets and considering the huge success of the cartel market, it's pretty clear that the vast majority of people care more about aesthetics then some silly adherence to lore.

Edited by JackNader

• 1 year later...

If you look at the armour of Mandalorians currently (with some exceptions) it's all a variation of Neo-Crusader style.

Neo-Crusader: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e5/MandalorianKOTOR.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20061216182302

Cold War: http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Mandalorian-Hunter-Male-Close.png

Sabine's style won't exist until the Super Commando era.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if an homage of this armour was put into the game, putting the exact skin into the game would just be ridiculous, but a stripped down set of painted Cold War style armour would be fine by me.

If you look at the armour of Mandalorians currently (with some exceptions) it's all a variation of Neo-Crusader style.

Neo-Crusader: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e5/MandalorianKOTOR.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20061216182302

Cold War: http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Mandalorian-Hunter-Male-Close.png

Sabine's style won't exist until the Super Commando era.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if an homage of this armour was put into the game, putting the exact skin into the game would just be ridiculous, but a stripped down set of painted Cold War style armour would be fine by me.

http://forum.unity3d.com/attachments/17098d1257833820-necropost-warning-wab-necro-jpg.50640/