"New Content!!!!"

"We listen to the players feedback"

"All new hm fps with difficult challenges and new gear are now available"

That's how the dev sandbag the content and plant a win-win down the track

18 months later...

"New Content!!!!"

"We listen to the players feedback"

"All new hm fps with difficult challenges and new gear are now available"

This is what I'm expecting quite frankly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new Flashpoints receive the HM treatment, together with Kuat Drive Yards, Red Reaper and Colicoid Games, around the time 3.0 hits or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new Flashpoints receive the HM treatment, together with Kuat Drive Yards, Red Reaper and Colicoid Games, around the time 3.0 hits or so.

I can't wait to see the cartel packs coming with 3.0 :cool: .

Sarcasm

I expect that as well. Tbh though, it seems lazy of them to do that. I'd rather new FPs with each new expansion instead of reusing old ones from launch. Obviously my opinion doesn't matter, but it'd be nice to see the odd normal mode FP geared for 55-60 at 3.0 with a couple of HM versions of new ones for 60. Kind of how Ops are. Sure TFB is still ran at 55 as well as some others, but 2.0 did bring TC, and SnV.

This is extremely disappointing. The "tactical" fps are a bunch of crap mad for bad dps, there is nothing tactical about them. At least Kuat had a level 10-54, which is nice for leveling. So most likely the new FPs are one boss with zero mechanics. How lame...

This is extremely disappointing. The "tactical" fps are a bunch of crap mad for bad dps, there is nothing tactical about them. At least Kuat had a level 10-54, which is nice for leveling. So most likely the new FPs are one boss with zero mechanics. How lame...

I haven't played the new FP's yet (I don't do PTS), so I'm just speculating, but I would guess that there will be more than one boss. The Czerka FP's are "tactical" and still have 3 bosses each.

Oh sure there is more than one boss. But any half decent group will blast through any mechanics without even thinking. Trash is more difficult than the bosses.

Which is sad because there are some nice mechanics in there. But everyone is in full 78 these days so why they came up with yet new FPs droping blue 66 items and Black Market Stuff is beyond me.

New FPs are pretty awesome actually.

Me and a buddy two manned them with relative difficulty, lots of mobs, many of which are strong or higher, and gold/champion mobs with annoying cc and high damage. DEFINITELY alot harder than kuat and czerka, as far as tactical FPs go. I dont see people solo'ing these as handily as kuat.

Story is cool, and if you're a kotor fan you'll like where the story is going.

Oh sure there is more than one boss. But any half decent group will blast through any mechanics without even thinking. Trash is more difficult than the bosses.

Which is sad because there are some nice mechanics in there. But everyone is in full 78 these days so why they came up with yet new FPs droping blue 66 items and Black Market Stuff is beyond me.

Umm, everyone might be in 78's once they hit the GTN, but the % of people who run hard mode ops is low. On my server, the Dread Council is a rare feat on story mode.

As of right now the PTS is up without any hard modes or any indication from the quest droids that it will be present.

There was something in datamine that suggested that there is a potential hard mode as the quest droids in the dailogue as {start Hard Mode} will it make it to live servers or PTS we will have no Idea

Sad to say but.... what you have just written it's true. There are two possibilities: 1- Devs are truly incompetent. 2-The team is so little that they have no workers to develop more qualitative and quantitative contents.

I think it's the latter. Check out the credits for RotHC, which had the original staff also listed, then read over Bioware Austin for GSF, which is the 2013 team.

That's the staff now. They don't have enough people to really update a game well the size of SWTOR.

Which leads to a direct question: if they knowingly aren't putting out updates at a pace that holds par with other MMOs, what is EA doing with all the CM profits? And what does it plan to do with SWTOR?

Last night in a random pug: "Yeah, I didn't really like the last pack, I only bought two crates." The CM is making EA/BW boadloads of money, more than enough to make up for the lower subscription numbers.

Edited by arunav

I seem to recall swtor_miner finding references to hardmodes of both new flashpoints, as well as Kuat.

Which sucks because it's using old FPs as "new" content.

And what's up with this focus on 4 player content lately? Makes me wonder how the game is actually doing if the group sizes continue to decrease and the roles needed become phased out in favor of just 4 bodies. Arenas, FPs, "Tactical FPs"...I don't like the trend. NOTHING is going towards MORE players doing things, just less and less and less...

Again, let's hope at least that decision is for the time being and that they'll be revisited, most likely around 3.0 or so.

I think that's the likely outcome: they're probably holding back so they have enough HMs to populate the level 60 tier when they release their "ROTC-sized" expansion this year. (Full-blown assumption that there will be a cap-increase in that expansion, but it seems a reasonable one.)

The thing is, since we know they're not releasing NiM DP until June, I don't think a level-cap increase is going to be coming until the very end of the year. It just seems unlikely that they would release a new tier of 55 gear and then turn around and raise the level cap anytime soon afterwards.

Edited by DarthDymond

I think that's the likely outcome: they're probably holding back so they have enough HMs to populate the level 60 tier when they release their "ROTC-sized" expansion this year. (Full-blown assumption that there will be a cap-increase in that expansion, but it seems a reasonable one.)

The thing is, since we know they're not releasing NiM DP until June, I don't think a level-cap increase is going to be coming until the very end of the year. It just seems unlikely that they would release a new tier of 55 gear and then turn around and raise the level cap anytime soon afterwards.

2.8 will probably have housing as the GSF sized expansion with the Makeb sized expansion at the end of the year.

So.... no new content till the end of the year...

PS my last subscription's day.

I'm just guessing, nothing confirmed for if thats what will actually happen but thats how it seems to me.

Although Bioware is pushing it since the last tier of raids we got was in October and although NM is fun really NM DF / DP should've come out with GSF and 2.7 should've had a new tier of raids.

2.8 will probably have housing as the GSF sized expansion with the Makeb sized expansion at the end of the year.

Since they've already stated that 2.8 will be the largest update the game has yet seen, wouldn't that be more likely to be the Makeb-type update?

Since they've already stated that 2.8 will be the largest update the game has yet seen, wouldn't that be more likely to be the Makeb-type update?

If we assume the Makeb-type update includes a level-cap increase (and that is just an assumption), then it wouldn't make much sense.

Since we know NiM DP is coming out in 2.8 and that NiM DF will have just come out one patch before, I really doubt they'd release a new tier of 55 progression gear that soon before (or at the same time as) they up the level cap.

Edited by DarthDymond

If we assume the Makeb-type update includes a level-cap increase (and that is just an assumption), then it wouldn't make much sense.

Since we know NiM DP is coming out in 2.8 and that NiM DF will have just come out one patch before, I really doubt they'd release a new tier of 55 progression gear that soon before (or at the same time as) they up the level cap.

^^ This.

Plus, as pointed out already, not every single major update requires an increase in level cap. I don't expect to see one of those before early-2015.