Ebon Hawk GSF Aces

wvwraith

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sorry to hear about your loss Silvershadows.

As for top Aces, I'm very flattered that you think I qualify Kngtmar however I disagree with my nomination. Several of my guildies and other Imps out score me in most matches, whether its domination or TDM. I rarely break 10 kills a match, and if I break 30K damage I consider myself lucky. Bottom line is that while I am persistent and determined and have okay skills behind the flight stick, that still doesn't compare to some of the other flyers out there.

As for top Aces, I'm very flattered that you think I qualify Kngtmar however I disagree with my nomination. Several of my guildies and other Imps out score me in most matches, whether its domination or TDM. I rarely break 10 kills a match, and if I break 30K damage I consider myself lucky. Bottom line is that while I am persistent and determined and have okay skills behind the flight stick, that still doesn't compare to some of the other flyers out there.

But as a mentor and leader, and the central rock around which our squadron is anchored, you're awesome! And you make very smart choices in Domination.

I understand how you feel, I frequently top numbers but would never consider myself an Ace. However, what I base my opinion on for you (and the others I have nominated) are not their scores; rather, I am basing upon my opinion of watching you fly.

I've played a good deal of flight simulators and dog fighting games over the years (they are among my favorite genre of game, so much so that I am -that- nerd who bought the cockpit office chair) and value other statistics over numbers. Situational awareness, evasive maneuvering, communication, teamwork / team building, and overall piloting skill as opposed to your output.

Don't get me wrong, numbers and output are important, however when compared to the overall ability to effectively pilot your vehicle I feel they take a backseat.

Edited by knghtmar

Cynfor, you totally qualify as an ace.

If you're deadly enough that I remember your name, you deserve to be on this list. My wife and I both remember pre-2.6 how you used to hound us...more her than me, but I remember shooting you off her back all the same.

And, I ask you, what good husband wouldn't remember somebody who picked on his woman?

EDIT: And speaking of, I have a few Imps I think should make the rankings.

Theszeradi, and Thangor. They don't inspire as much terror in me as maybe Delphi or Rainous do, but my heart catches a little and I know I'm going to have to sweat for the match I see them in, across the ready queue from me.

Edited by QuinMantha

Cynfor, you totally qualify as an ace.

If you're deadly enough that I remember your name, you deserve to be on this list.

This. I remember your name. I'm not the best pilot out there myself, of course, but I know who to watch for on the other team in a match. Sure, you're not on the same level as some of the top names, but that doesn't by any means mean you're not an ace in your own right.

As for additions... uh. Hobbes is there. What about Kytah (I hope I spelled that right). Flies with him a lot and the two of them together are trouble.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Had a few matches last night while I was catching up on SoA and witnessed some spectacular coordinated flying. I didn't catch their names and for some reason my screenshots weren't working (think I had left the snipping tool open, in retrospect) but two of the Imperial fliers were giving an amazing display of coordinated combat.

Never saw these two far from each other and they were executing some very, appearing so anyway, well-played take downs. Hope to see them again so I can give proper kudos.

So... who's your wife?

Not that I'm going to pick on her or anything. Just asking because, uh, reasons.

Ah-heh...well, she wouldn't appreciate me telling you, but my wife is Jiraselle, and before you put out a hit on her ("I want her DEAD! I want her family DEAD! I want her house burnt to the GROUND!!"), Bombers made her quit GSF.

So no joy for you.

• 2 weeks later...
GSF forum has an aces thread so I decided to highjack it for our server thread. There's an imperial list and a republic list so post your nominations and I'll try to update it at least once a day.

IMPERIAL ACES

Cynfor, Bardiel, Ker'ase, Snackatacki, Sleemo,

Ari'a, Ther'on, Stormstryke, Rainous, Friv, Singerro,

Kamie, Tysis, Siddain, Hobbes,

Boheeka, Floozy, Wrath, Callem,

Ded'i, Imperial'Bajor, Ubesset, Watcher-Nine,

Mardarcar, Vespira, Sirkibbles, Rylee-Rose, Imperius, Xeric,

Sevaerian, Jar'Axel, Mal'ren, D'mer, Knickers, Obrhim,

Nillian, Shayd, Suzina, Delphi, Liara, Viciousdrake

REPUBLIC ACES

Rhint, Raizen, Kym, Kanterian, Griff, Baeyl-tiel, Jon-ik,

Rashava, Healz, Highjinks, Sydow, Kvikorma, Jenette,

Deltaxis, Aetrian, Andern, Courtney, Vothil, Brilo, Osidix,

Zojata, Laintra, Large, Momiji, Phil, Hanak,

Airron, Itkovian, Orvidius, Mossburg, Hickam,

Vyndaw, Sookat, Nemarus, Zathkalen, Gerrik,

Balon, Keenz, Mae'thon

in no order

IMPs

cynfor, Ari'a, Kamie, Boheeka, ded'i, Madarcar, sevaerian, nillian, bardiel, Ther'on, tysis, floozy, imperial'bajor, vespira jar'axel, shayd, ker'ase, stormstryke, siddain, wrath, ubesset, sirkibbles, mal'ren, suzina, snackataki, rainous, hobbes callem, watcher-nine, rylee-rose, d'mer, Delphi, sleemo

Pubs

Rhint, raizen, kym, kanterian, griff, baelyn-tiel, rashava, healz, highjinks, sydow, kvikorma, deltaxis, aetrian, andern Courtney, vothil, zojata, laintra, large, momji, phil, hanak, airron, itkovian, orvidius, mossburg, Hickam, vyndaw, sookat nemarus, zathkalen, gerrik, balon, keen, mae'thon

I wonder how many of these are the same person lol

im sure this could be paired down to the true elite of the elite but that's my ace list for ya

Mentioned twice, on two of my characters both times - I must have been doing my homework! You lot are much, much better than those people on the Shout-Outs thread - they didn't mention me at all :(

In any match I'm in before the match starts I look at all the names and if I say to myself uh oh 'x' is on the other team or oh good 'y' is on my team that to me is enough to get mentioned in this thread. I think the list we have at the beginning still only covers the top 5% limiting it to just 5 would be like the top .01% which is nice to recognize as well but would make a pretty boring forum thread.

p.s. and I'm not trying to sound like I mean I should be the judge I'm just saying anyone who plays regularly and is usually at the tops of the boards I'm sure does the same and should feel free to add names as new comers come up. Or even if your not one of the best but you see someone dominating several matches over a couple days throw their name out there.

And isn't obhrim a pub not an imp?

He's got Imp characters with slightly different spellings as well.

And it's a bad hair day for me when I run into one of them, I tell you what.

...and I'm not trying to sound like I mean I should be the judge I'm just saying anyone who plays regularly and is usually at the tops of the boards I'm sure does the same and should feel free to add names as new comers come up. Or even if your not one of the best but you see someone dominating several matches over a couple days throw their name out there.

I think a better gauge of new and upcoming GSF aces is Hanak's Space PvP Shoutout thread. In my opinion, one only becomes an Ace when they've been flying long enough for their name to really start making the rounds. Really good pilots that only show up for a weekend don't quite cut it. You gotta stick around to really be one of the best on Ebon Hawk.

Edited by QuinMantha

Just found this thread. Super awesome!

For the pub side, I would like to nominate Windstorm, Arkamian, and Rhodogast.

Imp side nominations: Jordinn, Anx, and seconding Theszerdi.

Large, Sookat, Itkovian, Shayd, Rylee-Rose, you crazy kids always make me smile, whichever side I happen to be on. Hats off to you, Aces!

Next week I'll be trying to clock some more GSF hours, so hopefully I'll note a few more names to offer up to the list!

I think a better gauge of new and upcoming GSF aces is Hanak's Space PvP Shoutout thread. In my opinion, one only becomes an Ace when they've been flying long enough for their name to really start making the rounds. Really good pilots that only show up for a weekend don't quite cut it. You gotta stick around to really be one of the best on Ebon Hawk.

I agree with the sentiment however I feel you should be able to be mentioned in a shout out without necessarily being a EH ace. For instance you could get a shout out for just one match but like you said ace status should take into account longevity too.

I agree with the sentiment however I feel you should be able to be mentioned in a shout out without necessarily being a EH ace. For instance you could get a shout out for just one match but like you said ace status should take into account longevity too.

Absolutely. The folks who consistently get those shoutouts are ace-worthy, but being mentioned in there at all is an honor.

And it's one that should be spread around! C'mon, guys! Find folks who impress you and tell us all about them!