Well, concealments/scrappers getting nerf'd again....

Ahebish

Here is the issue with roots. Any trooper can use hold the line to get out of them and then kite you to death. Any sniper can roll out of them and then kite you to death. Any sorc can force sprint out of them and then kite you to death. And warriors won't really care since they want you in melee range.

If you're getting kited by a sorc... Well I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly (back on topic) dps ops need nerfed. I recently dusted my very undergeard concealment op off, and i gotta say... He not only un friggin killable, but his damage easily eclipses my fully auged, very well geared shadow. Acid blade > hidden strike > backstab > lacerate > shiv > lacerate > lacerate is just about the best dps rotation in the game. Sooooo much better than spinning kick > shadow strike > shadow strike > project > force beach... I mean, the burst potential of dps ops right now is off the hook insane. Add self heals and ridiculous escapability, and its easy to see why hardcore op players are trying to convince themselves that blowing up everything they face in a wz is balanced. It really isn't, guys.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add self heals and ridiculous escapability...

Self heals? Lethality can self-heal a bit if Quickening procs, but concealment? If you have 2.5 seconds to spare to heal yourself, the fight better be already over and you do it for the healing medal, if there still is someone whacking you, you should spend those 2.5 seconds to fight back or run away.

Escapability? You need to cleanse yourself before vanish, and can still be kicked out of stealth by aoes, and if you need to escape you rarely have the energy left for Exfiltrate.

2.7 might give concealment finally the escapability everyone who doesn't play an OP QQs about, and lethality can even spam the roll just to get that free Kolto Infusion. If it finally ends the QQing about the oh-so overpowered operatives, I can live without the knockdown.

Edited by Mubrak

Self heals? Lethality can self-heal a bit if Quickening procs, but concealment? If you have 2.5 seconds to spare to heal yourself, the fight better be already over and you do it for the healing medal, if there still is someone whacking you, you should spend those 2.5 seconds to fight back or run away.

Escapability? You need to cleanse yourself before vanish, and can still be kicked out of stealth by aoes, and if you need to escape you rarely have the energy left for Exfiltrate.

2.7 might give concealment finally the escapability everyone who doesn't play an OP QQs about, and lethality can even spam the roll just to get that free Kolto Infusion. If it finally ends the QQing about the oh-so overpowered operatives, I can live without the knockdown.

Self heals aren't great, but you have access to them, which is a crap ton more than other classes that can't crank out op's burst.

Vanishing is not your only means of escape. Flash bang > roll is amazing.

If you're getting kited by a sorc... Well I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly (back on topic) dps ops need nerfed. I recently dusted my very undergeard concealment op off, and i gotta say... He not only un friggin killable, but his damage easily eclipses my fully auged, very well geared shadow. Acid blade > hidden strike > backstab > lacerate > shiv > lacerate > lacerate is just about the best dps rotation in the game. Sooooo much better than spinning kick > shadow strike > shadow strike > project > force beach... I mean, the burst potential of dps ops right now is off the hook insane. Add self heals and ridiculous escapability, and its easy to see why hardcore op players are trying to convince themselves that blowing up everything they face in a wz is balanced. It really isn't, guys.

On the other hand I took my sages old partisan gear and put it on my freshly geared assassin and I feel my performance is about the same is my fully auged and geared conc operative. It is nice having defensive cooldowns that can actually mitigate a decent amount of damage. And I admit that flashbang is very strong (should be 6 seconds IMO) the low cooldown of low slash is certainly quiet powerful as well, especially when combined with crushing darkness.

• 2 weeks later...
I read all of the change notes at about 11pm at night, and posted on most of them. the only real nerf in this bag is the HUGE Smash nerf. which IMO is actually a bit too far... I dont play Smashmonkey often but, still that's got to be a bigger nerf than Orbital Strike...

Snipers and Gunslingers actually DO need the change that they got. their DCD's were pretty weak except for Ballistic Shield, and for Marksman, Entrench.

also, i think your forgetting that, the Hidden Strike stun, would fill resolve in PvP, making it so that if you did another CC you would fill their resolve bar, and make them immune to CC. This is actually a big Buff, because of that reason.

Again, there just has to be smart people who has no intention of constructive discussion but only to show their self-esteemed intelligence. They have to jump out and say "resolve bar" just to show that they know about it. In their opinion, that make themselves look smarter and they enjoyed it.

If you are so afraid of filling a resolve bar, how about remove all the CCs, the blind the stun from your skill set? Would you like that? "Give us less CCs since there's a resolve bar", that's the most stupid and dumb thing i've ever heard.

Resolve means nothing if you cant damage opponent, because our are pushed away and rooted. i would rather fill resolve bar by knocking down and stunning my oponent, than having my sry *** knocked away and having to hope my roll will bring me close to my target.

It amazes me how every single update the dev team buffs up every other class, but then dishes out nerfs to the Operative class. Really burns my toast!

Stop messing with ops, and can we get something nice just once? other than a freaking nerf!

to be fair in 2.6 we got a quite significant damage boost....really nice for pve ... concealment is about the highest parsing spec atm... but in general you are right and it is so sad, that i probably will never play the spec in pvp again... this was the one nerf that shouldnt be.

Resolve means nothing if you cant damage opponent, because our are pushed away and rooted. i would rather fill resolve bar by knocking down and stunning my oponent, than having my sry *** knocked away and having to hope my roll will bring me close to my target.

i seriously don't get why people come up with resolve thing... it is not like after hidden strike and debilitate there are more hard stun we can shoot in a skrimish.

And you exactly got the point why this is a brutal nerf to the way concealment works atm.

On my sentnel in pvp, if a concealment operative is on me.... i spam hit awe, so once the knock down is over the battle has already turned.... a sniper automatically spams his knockback after he hears the knife... removing the knockdown, will turn the battle around even easier, for the the glass canon and makes hardly playable even in normal wzs.

to be fair in 2.6 we got a quite significant damage boost....really nice for pve ... concealment is about the highest parsing spec atm... but in general you are right and it is so sad, that i probably will never play the spec in pvp again... this was the one nerf that shouldnt be.

I been playing healer ever since 2.0 (pre 2.0 was dps conceal op for over a year) when they messed around with conceal ops.... Haven't went back since, but had plans to run healer until I got all my pve and pvp gear then go back to conceal.. I am not sure what to do now, they are messing with healing tree and the conceal tree (Again)...

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

Bioware does not care at all about pvp balance anymore, guys. They just catter to the ones that cry the loudest and the longest on the forum. Then they milk their money by adding new Cartel market things/new tier pvp gear to farm. That's how the game turned to be...

So let it be.

By the way, Teso's release is just less than two weeks away...

Edited by SIDIOUSFAN

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.