2.7 Highly Mobile PvP Sage Nuke Idea

Darth_Dreselus

So please bear with me guys here looking at the proposed changes I had an idea. It's essentially an improvement on the current DPS hybrid. Yes, this is just an exercise and actual testing is required once it is on the PTS.

Taking into account the following changes:

-Psychic Projection now has a 50%/100% chance to grant a Psychic Projection charge when using Disturbance on a target affected by your Weakened Mind. A Psychic Projection charge causes your next Telekinetic Throw to channel and tick twice as fast.

-Tidal Force now builds a charge whenever you deal damage with Distrubance, Turbulence, or Force Quake. At 2 charges, Telekinectic Wave's cooldown is reset and the next cast of Telekinectic Wave activates instantly and has no Force cost. This effect can only occur every 10 seconds.

-Presence of Mind now builds up a charge whenever the Sage deals damage with Telekinetic Throw. At 3 charges, the next Disturbance or Mind Crush is cast instantly and deals 35% more damage.

And the following assumptions:

-Psychic Projection still has its 10s ICD

-Tidal Force and Psychic Projection stacks cannot be built up while the ICD is active - This is the most important issue which will affect the performance of the build and must be tested on the PTS

Now I threw this together in about an hour at 4am so there will be mistakes and it is NOT an ideal rotation. I will try to iron those out in the future.

The point is to highlight the amount of insta casts (green) and quick TKT casts (orange)

Spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hZbsrbdRrc0MZcMdRs0z.3

Obviously some of the points (mostly damage reductions) are interchangeable. I included Bubblestun because PvP and I believe it is viable Force wise due to all the talents from TK tree.

Rotation:

Very, very first draft, NEEDS OPTIMISING, however, some of it relies on actual gameplay so I cannot optimise it properly yet anyway. The clipping of WM by a GCD is intentional as not doing makes it much harder to use the procs as they come (which is already kind of difficult).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqL3WbcyphmidG5hdUxZWTFCX00zUi1YVnNmWU5QWWc&usp=sharing

Key:

CD - Cooldown (both actual and internal)

CH - Charges (Psychic Projection, Tidal Force, Presence of Mind)

Please help me optimise it and spot mistakes, keeping in mind the fact that we do not know if stacks can be built up while the proc is on ICD.

If this is viable it might be fun in PvP. I haven't tried to give it a DPS number yet and I do think straight up TK will be better for PvE, the amount of kiting that can be done with this spec as well as the nukes of FiB and TKW should make it worth at least a try.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

It's not really an idea. We all know about hybrid sage/sorc, and how OP it is going to be in 2.7. However, that said, this build is still inferior to the other hybrid.

Which hybrid?

Inferior in what way, damage or mobility (the latter is what I'm maximising)?

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Which hybrid?

Inferior in what way, damage or mobility (the latter is what I'm maximising)?

I would say both. What do you pick up with the extra points in balance? This http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hZbsrbdRrc0MZcMdRs0z.3 would have higher damage, and the same amount of mobility. All you get is more DoT damage (which isn't really that special since this is more about TK - Disturbance - Wave) and crit damage on FIB, which isn't as solid as the crit damage on Disturbance and Wave.

Weaken Mind, TK, Disturbance, 1.5 TK, Disturbance, Wave, TK, Disturbance, Weaken Mind, TK, Disturbance, Wave. Repeat.

Edited by Luckeyduckey

Ye you're right, I went with more Balance damage because I run full Balance so I'm more used to it. And the only benefit there would be when you cannot actually damage the enemy (kiting/stun) having the DoTs tick more. Crucially mobility is the same or better due to the option of 35m TKW and D.

I substituted the spec.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Ye you're right, I went with more Balance damage because I run full Balance so I'm more used to it. And the only benefit there would be when you cannot actually damage the enemy (kiting/stun) having the DoTs tick more. Crucially mobility is the same.

Fair enough, but my rotation involves only one channel, which is on a 1.5 cast, and leaves space for FIB as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I would say both. What do you pick up with the extra points in balance? This http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hZbsrbdRrc0MZcMdRs0z.3 would have higher damage, and the same amount of mobility. All you get is more DoT damage (which isn't really that special since this is more about TK - Disturbance - Wave) and crit damage on FIB, which isn't as solid as the crit damage on Disturbance and Wave.

Weaken Mind, TK, Disturbance, 1.5 TK, Disturbance, Wave, TK, Disturbance, Weaken Mind, TK, Disturbance, Wave. Repeat.

Dont discount the amount of damage mind crush does, plus the crits heal you, which can also proc relics. I imagine the balance hybrid doing more damage, and uncleanseable dots while kiting is kinda nice. TK hybrid will be more mobile with more control in slows and stuns, and a bit more burst on the crits. I think both will be more viable since the hybrid was too dependent upon inconsistent procs.

If things work how I think they will, Balance Hybrid could be what I switch my PVE spec to. Assuming I can convince everyone that I dont have to heal.

All other classes must stick together and be firm in putting down this rebellion of the healers :D

I wouldnt say I am rebelling. I still main a healer. My main alt is a healer just as capable (and preferable in some fights) while my third toon also heals. Sometimes it is nice to change things up though.