Will the Code EVER be fixed or are we just milking this cow until it dies?

Starshyn

Content is awesome. Quests are fun. Game -content- gets a 9.0.

Granted, the character creation has less options than games 3 times as old (cough WoW cough), but no sense bothering with that at this point.

No, I'm talking about the underpinning engine.

32 bit?

Requires UAC in order to RUN it ... seriously? Install maybe (though most games don't regsvr32 or REG modification so don't need UAC for install either), but to RUN it?

Large percentage of Users have to run it in Compatibility mode just to keep it from locking up?

As a programmer, I'd personally be embarrassed to have spent 2 (going on 3) Y-E-A-R-S and still have a pig in lipstick to show for it.

On top of all of this, I don't think I've run a single Esseles/Black Talon and not had SOMEONE in the group crash to desktop (me included).

Support response? "Must be your PC".

Look, if you don't give a rat's patootie about fixing all the above (plus all the other bugs that have been there since launch), how do you expect to release any new games and have people take you seriously?

Basing my experience on SWTOR over the past couple years, while I won't stop playing THIS game, I won't be buying any others from EA until you get better programmers.

Just saying. You're the ones selling it and your company and your support online.

Sadly, I've run into even worse coding.... AION. Pretty game, but O M G the coding is even worse than the SWTOR engine. Not only does the game require UAC to run, it also installed a "helper" program that runs at startup and ALSO requires UAC.

I'm not sure which I find more disturbing... the pathetic code that's being spewed out for games or the people who happily dumb down their PC security and accept the subpar programming. Being in the IT field (primarily security), at least the latter = "job security" for me, so /shrugs. Kids are tech savvy as ever, and just as stupid about real world security, so I'm guaranteed a paycheck at least. :)

TLDR - AION is even worse than SWTOR as far as the coding goes.

In essence, don't expect too many bug fixes; things that have been broken for years now already won't ever get fixed -- apparently people spend money on the game and cartel market despite the really long list of known but unfixed age-old bugs and issues, so there's no financial need for them to fix them...

If you think your such a hot shot programmer go apply at ea and fix this so called "crappy" game with uac and what not...im tired of seeing these countless "im a programmer" but refuse to go work at the company that makes the game "your" playing.

This.

If you think your such a hot shot programmer go apply at ea and fix this so called "crappy" game with uac and what not...im tired of seeing these countless "im a programmer" but refuse to go work at the company that makes the game "your" playing.

Maybe he did, and found that EA is actually an utter crap place to work?

Or maybe he did and found that it's pure awesome to work there, but they have no positions open?

And then also understood that compromising one's real life is not required to please your smarmy, bratty, insufferably whiny sense of entitlement and obvious self-absorption?

Get over yourself, FFS.

(*You're, by the way.)

Edited by midianlord

Hey.

If you don't like the game, then you can always leave.

Personally I think the game is fine, i'm not saying the game is perfect. TOR has its flaws we all know that.

However coming on here and moaning about it will do nothing.

Please lock this thread before it turns into trolling and just insulting people.

Maybe he did, and found that EA is actually an utter crap place to work?

Or maybe he did and found that it's pure awesome to work there, but they have no positions open?

And then also understood that compromising one's real life is not required to please your smarmy, bratty, insufferably whiny sense of entitlement and obvious self-absorption?

Get over yourself, FFS.

(*You're, by the way.)

I like this and support his run for Emperor.