Is "Win Trading" against the rules?

Starkweather

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty silly thing to say a week after incentivizing anybody who queues for 10 ranked matches with a pretty cool reward (unique color crystal).

Some sort of barrier to entry needs to exist, whether it be an expertise requirement or a valor requirement or both. I understand the problems it would potentially pose with restricting subscribed players from something they are paying for, but you can't make a statement like "We take the competitive nature of Arenas very seriously" and allow people who either have no desire to play competitively (chasing participation awards or conquest points) or just will not be competitive due to lack of appropriate gear or know-how to queue. How much a barrier to entry would fix is debatable, but it would at least back up that statement you just made by forcing players to put in a little work to be able to even queue ranked matches.

He said that 8 months ago...

This is a really great question. Win trading is absolutely something we consider against the rules. We talk about this a little more in our Season 1 blog (which will come out tomorrow or next week). In short, if you are caught win trading or doing any other activity that can be considered exploitive to boost your rating, your rating will be reset at the end of the season and you will not receive any rewards. We take the competitive nature of Arenas very seriously and we have a no tolerance policy on users who work to abuse the system.

-eric

Not to be rude but that is a slap in the face to PvPers who don't win trade. It is against the Terms of service to call other players out so I will just say that I know of multiple people and guilds who win traded. Some of the became top tier and their rank didn't get reset. I can guarantee you right now people have already started win trading. If you don't believe me look at the people who have sub 400 rating. Just by sheer luck you win enough to keep your rating above 800. I've even caught people trying to win trade on stream. There is no evidence but when someone has a 1400+ rating and they get literally globaled within 10 seconds its pretty safe to say that team was win trading prior to my team going up against them. I haven't heard of anyone at all having their rating's reset so I really would love to see something rather than take your word for it Eric, sorry.

EDIT: I didn't realize how old this thread was when I posted this but I still believe that win traders should actually be dealt with.

Edited by shadowopsx

This is a really great question. Win trading is absolutely something we consider against the rules. We talk about this a little more in our Season 1 blog (which will come out tomorrow or next week). In short, if you are caught win trading or doing any other activity that can be considered exploitive to boost your rating, your rating will be reset at the end of the season and you will not receive any rewards. We take the competitive nature of Arenas very seriously and we have a no tolerance policy on users who work to abuse the system.

-eric

How comes that known win traders still received Tier 1 and Top 3 Rewards in season 1 and 2?

You were meant to take the competitive nature of arenas seriously and yet we're getting:

- Game throwers / ragers,

- Win traders,

- Trolls who are game throwing for lolz,

- Leechers who come in, and don't contribute, for comms instead of doing regular wz,

- People without gear and Valor just hitting arena button,

- Conquest points and daily quest noobs.

Despite numerous reports the worst and most obvious trolls and game throwers don't appear to be taken action against at all.

Oh right, we also have so called "skanks" who actively ABUSE and CHEAT the matchmaking system and not only Bioware takes ZERO action against them but they also reach top 5 alright and get the rewards for cheating. Remember the pipes you could go through with body type 1 for entire season 2 before it was fixed for s3? Bioware warned and banned ppl talking about it on forums but healers who ALWAYS abused (and were reported numerous times) it got their world top rewards still.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Eric Musco, can you ask the PvP team again about how they want ranked warzones to be in the future? Ranked should be ranked, because that is what you call it. But then you let everyone, even them with no gear, nor the expertise. You give out free crystals to anyone for just participating (what the hell is participating doing in our ranked community? No one want to just participate, everyone wants to WIN WIN WIN WIN and please let it stay at the motivation for winning the matches). And also, why do you have ranked matches as conquest points reward? This just makes no sense. Leave ranked to the hardcore PvP-community and do everything in your way to exclude all the randomness from RANKED PVP. Ranked PvP shoould be considered equal to Nightmare Mode in operations. Edited by SirMannii

We take the competitive nature of Arenas very seriously and we have a no tolerance policy on users who work to abuse the system.

-eric

This is laughable. You allow people to Que for ranked with no gear. You allow anyone who decides they want to, to troll and ruin any Ranked PVP match they choose. You allow people to enter arenas with less than 2018 EXP. AND YOU TAKE ARENAS SERIOUSLY?!!!

Well bioware.

PEOPLE WHO ENTER RANKED PVP WITH LESS THAN FULL OBROAN GEAR SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TOO!!!!

player = "que for ranked"

game = you do not have the 2018 exp needed to join a ranked arena, you must be in full PVP gear to enter.

dont allow changes to gear during the pvp match just like you cant respec.

SO you cant QUE without FULL PVP gear on and you cant remove it during the match

PROBLEM SOLVED so easy but you dont do it.

and you have the ENORMOUS crotch ornaments to say That you take arenas seriously?

Guess what, no one takes you seriously. Gaming world laughing stock.

(sorry if that is harsh, but its been YEARS)

Edited by Smuglebunny

This is laughable. You allow people to Que for ranked with no gear. You allow anyone who decides they want to, to troll and ruin any Ranked PVP match they choose. You allow people to enter arenas with less than 2018 EXP. AND YOU TAKE ARENAS SERIOUSLY?!!!

Well bioware.

PEOPLE WHO ENTER RANKED PVP WITH LESS THAN FULL OBROAN GEAR SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TOO!!!!

player = "que for ranked"

game = you do not have the 2018 exp needed to join a ranked arena, you must be in full PVP gear to enter.

dont allow changes to gear during the pvp match just like you cant respec.

SO you cant QUE without FULL PVP gear on and you cant remove it during the match

PROBLEM SOLVED so easy but you dont do it.

and you have the ENORMOUS crotch ornaments to say That you take arenas seriously?

Guess what, no one takes you seriously. Gaming world laughing stock.

(sorry if that is harsh, but its been YEARS)

I agree on everything, also the rage I feel in you, it's good. You grow strong with it!

Eric Musco, can you ask the PvP team again about how they want ranked warzones to be in the future? Ranked should be ranked, because that is what you call it. But then you let everyone, even them with no gear, nor the expertise. You give out free crystals to anyone for just participating (what the hell is participating doing in our ranked community? No one want to just participate, everyone wants to WIN WIN WIN WIN and please let it stay at the motivation for winning the matches). And also, why do you have ranked matches as conquest points reward? This just makes no sense. Leave ranked to the hardcore PvP-community and do everything in your way to exclude all the randomness from RANKED PVP. Ranked PvP shoould be considered equal to Nightmare Mode in operations.

I hear ya! And I vote yes for gear/expertise check in ranked

And you people wonder why we never hear feedback from the devs.

You all are like a wild pack of carnivorous trolls waiting to pounce on the slightest sign of involvement from Musco. Seeing this thread makes me understand why the devs don't even bother to gauge the opinions of the pvp community anymore.

If you acted like like adults instead of crying like children, you would have an easier time getting what you want.

-eric

I thank you Eric but I have to ask why so late in the season??? I mean win trading has been going on for so long now and pretty sure whoever win traded now does not ever have to step in a ranked match again... And still gets there rewards.

I thank you Eric but I have to ask why so late in the season??? I mean win trading has been going on for so long now and pretty sure whoever win traded now does not ever have to step in a ranked match again... And still gets there rewards.

That post is almost nine months old.

-eric

boom

http://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/character/4611686536092104377