Aces?

Argonloris

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghostwatch on Imp side Red Eclipse - He/She's a damn good pilot and someone to watch out for every time they're in a match.

Jasaq (jasa) - a really nice guy, fun to fly with and fun to fly against, his weaving skills in a bomber.......

P'uc another great pilot on both sides

Quickblasts however....nub, cannon fodder...even Llama owns him :p

....and before the hate....QB is a guildie and a great guy...but it is true that Llama owns him

Ok, it's funny, but i hate a lot all of this players :D

Been playing against Zyxan premades all day. His guild is dedicated to GSF, and their premades are absolutely RUTHLESS. We get our asses wiped clean and shiny by them all day long.

Pulverizing is an ESPECIALLY good player, especially at close-range dogfighting. That bastard ALWAYS finds a way to get behind me in a battle of pitching/yawing.

Add Pulverizing to the list for Harbinger, Imp side.

Edited by Loadsamunny

Agreed, but... I think Quickblast is a good pilot. Not killing machine, but... good.

Having the most kills don't mean you win :)

plus not sure u must have seen me that often coz im never or extremely rarely ever out top 3 win or loss match.

best players are more than just kills, I might spend a TDM getting agro of all the gunships while my team kills them, or in a domination im the guy that takes the second base seconds before we lose a base,

more than just killing its looking at the whole picture of a game how its flowing, who is cannon fodder, who is a threat, who can alter a game that joins late and still finish in top few etc, to me that's better than a solo player with 20kills and match lost. am I best? no where near but only a hand full on server get upper hand of me, I see people like ghostwatch, scrab, enistra, tilia, puc, these are the few I think oh my im in for a tough but fun game.

scratch that, I see scrab I think oh **** im toast lol

feel free point the error of my ways next time we have a rep v rep match, :)

Having the most kills don't mean you win :)

plus not sure u must have seen me that often coz im never or extremely rarely ever out top 3 win or loss match.

best players are more than just kills, I might spend a TDM getting agro of all the gunships while my team kills them, or in a domination im the guy that takes the second base seconds before we lose a base,

more than just killing its looking at the whole picture of a game how its flowing, who is cannon fodder, who is a threat, who can alter a game that joins late and still finish in top few etc, to me that's better than a solo player with 20kills and match lost. am I best? no where near but only a hand full on server get upper hand of me, I see people like ghostwatch, scrab, enistra, tilia, puc, these are the few I think oh my im in for a tough but fun game.

scratch that, I see scrab I think oh **** im toast lol

feel free point the error of my ways next time we have a rep v rep match, :)

The problem is that too many players treat objective-based games like a deathmatch, especially in Warzones. Huttball is a bad example, everyone wants to kill each other, nobody focuses on the ball.

A true killer on Harbinger imp side is Butane'blast. He invented the phrase if your red your dead lol
Butane is a great example of people needing to just keep working at it. Back in early GSF when I used to fly with the Despair/Flyboys one of the games we would play would be to find new and creative ways to make Butane self-destruct. Now he can definitely hold his own.

butane is a great example of people needing to just keep working at it. Back in early gsf when i used to fly with the despair/flyboys one of the games we would play would be to find new and creative ways to make butane self-destruct. Now he can definitely hold his own.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

These names may have been mentioned in the hundreds of posts beforehand, but not updated. If so, I apologize.

The folks on Shadowlands that have not been named that I can think of (and who don't have an alt that I know of that has already been named) that I think deserve nomination are:

Imperials: Quant, Ygri'tte, Aglarond, Ruffian, Carver

I have flown against the republic characters less so I have less of a gauge of their skill, but from what I have seen these guys are good.

Republic: Wynter (I only ever see him in a gunship, but he seems very good in that role), Jonathan

I am certain that I am omitting a ton of people, but that is all I can come up w/ off the top of my head.

On the Bastion, Ragnarosa (Empire), Ponds (Republic), Choqer (Republic), and Piercehawthorn (Empire) all seem like really good players whose presence can sway the chances of victory.

Posting in this thread is a waste. It is no longer updated, so the next page will erase any mention of the pilots you are mentioning.if you have to address the issue that "Maybe these guys have been mentioned before", there's probably a MUCH more effective way of contributing information that would be cool to keep track of since BW treats GSF as the red headed stepchild of Verain and the chick on the Wendy's logo.

If you are seeking to just say "Watch out for this player", create a new thread and copy paste what's already on the from page and start over. Seeing 712 posts does nothing for the end result when the OP won't be updated with at least 356 posts (educated guess) being missed out on. Otherwise, your just saying stuff that's merely relative to your post but unless someone is willing to comb through this thread, the.mention will be forgotten.

It's like backing up your hard drive to your same hard drive - doing something involving an external resource rather than the method you're currently using would be a lot more effective. Else, you're only wasting more bytes than a teething infant and not actually giving the player that you think should be deemed an Ace their fair recognition of at title.

Edit: Just to clarify - this thread was a cool idea. It no longer is. If you're committed to posting in a dead thread, play the role of the necromancer and revitilize in a new thread - it would actually perform the intended effects

Edited by SammyGStatus

Okay so I updated the list to this post again.

Sadly this will be the last update for me. Between trying to build my own development company, prepping for the expansion to this game and handling other things in the real world I don't have as much time as I would like to have.

If someone else wants to pick this project up in another thread please feel free.

Thanks to all that posted and made the thread a positive place come and see friends both allies and enemies congratulated for their efforts. The goal of the thread was to make the starfighter experience a bit more fun and competitive and I hope that it has achieved that.

See you all in the game

• 9 months later...

Decided to do a little reminiscing lately and remember the old days when GSF was a lot more active. I debated whether I should resurrect this post due to the narcissistic nature of the thing, but I feel this thread lists a lot of pilots on the first page who were familiar to me long ago, but have disappeared from the game in recent times. Where have a lot of these pilots gone, and why did they leave?

Once upon a time we had much more diversity in the amount of skilled players in the que, It is my hope that, upon some miracle, we get an update and a lot of these long lost pilots may come back to join us once again, and hopefully even the playing field somewhat.

Come with me, on a walk down GSF memory lane.

Edited by Lavaar