So has everyone given up on HM Flashpoints.

I have noticed an increase in HM queue times since Tuesday, and I do attribute it to the release of KDY. However, if you're suggesting that "tacticals" are the model of the future, I highly doubt that to be the case. "Tactical" is even a very great misnomer for the zergfest that is KDY; it's a good concept to help diversify leveling instances, though.

No.

- KDY is still new, it soon will remain only leveling tool.

- GF is what most sane players (at least tanks and heals) give up very fast. Number of brain dead/jerk/ignorant players in GF is way to high to have fun using this tool.

- Once you get a char in OPs you will soon have no need of those 3 FPs weekly, you will go over commendation limits on this char only with 6 weeklies we have (Classic OP, TC, TFB, SnV, DF, DP)... even faster if you go for 16 man runs. And drops in OPs are much better for gearing (on top of some greed ones for alts).

So it is not KDY issue, it is bad players and screwed comm/gear system issue.

I haven't ran an HM FP in months, once you get a character raiding, even just pugging, you'll be rolling in elite and ultimate comms pretty effortlessly. There's no point in doing FPs at all. If you're a DPS the queues are too long, and if you're a tank or a healer, you'll likely get a quick pop but have morons in your group. With bound-to-legacy stuff being very easy to get, I've had 2 new 55s starting out in full 72 gear just from all the elite comms from raiding and another on the way who has a full set waiting for her when she dings it.

I liked how the original flashpoints all had their own gear sets to go with them as you were leveling. The max level ones do not, just comms and an arkanian token at the end which further makes them useless.

I still run them even though i dont need to. Its a great recruiting tool because you do meet good people time to time. I also stack up on the coms. They come in good use for gearing the certain companions i like to use. I have a healing set and a tanking set for treek now. There are still a few good reasons to run the hm fp's weekly. Edited by HiltoftheDragon

I still run HM FPs as a tank & my healer. My healer mostly because I want experience healing the various tanks and such as I do intend to possibly augment my healer and work into setting up my Healer as a healer for Ops groups in my guild if they ever don't need me on my tank or my DPS. My tank, for the hell of it really. My tank is in a situation where I ONLY need Dread Forged gear or some select MK-2 gear to upgrade. So I just run 3 a week on her normally.

The other reason I'm doing FPs?

I want the achievements for killing X boss Y times lol.

Think of it this way.... How long it takes to run 3 flashpoints and how many ulties you get ?

How long does it take a full clear of DF 16 sm and how many ulties plus chances of actual loot you get ?

FPs are not worth the time tbh....

Edited by wainot-keel

I'm still a bit new to 55, and trying to get some elite comms gear.

As a Huggernaut with only about 32500 health unbuffed, but augged fully for mitigation, I'm afraid that pug raids will look at my health and turn me down for tanking. Maybe I should just give it a shot?

Huggernaut? I lol'd.

Anyway, I have a shadow tank that's almost in full 78/72's and have been tanking for a while. However I can tell you that being a good tank has little to do with gear. Obviously you don't want to be horrifically undergeared, but I've seen tanks in full 78's tank DF and do terrible and tanks in 69/66's do great. If you have a good rotation, can pull good aggro, and know when to use your tanking cooldowns you should be fine. Also, read up about the fights before hand. That should go a long ways towards helping you. :) But there will always be people complaining about gear requirements too and people who just like to be jerks. Just have fun and do your best. ;)

As a Huggernaut with only about 32500 health unbuffed, but augged fully for mitigation, I'm afraid that pug raids will look at my health and turn me down for tanking. Maybe I should just give it a shot?

32500 as tank, means 66/69s ... if used proper mods/enhancements you are geared enough for HM FPs / SM OPs.

Rest is up to you, learn how to tank, when to use CDs, most combats...

Till last night I only had 32k As a Jugg Tank "unbuffed" and barely had any issue joining SM ops or EV on NM although on ops requiring 2 Tanks , I generally find I will get Demoted to Off Tank if the other Tank has higher HP which doesn't bother me tbh.

Edited by -Skorpious-