All the healers that DPS in FP

aceavenger

In the meantime, how about a big old "STOP" to DPS who queue as Tanks but actually don't have tanking gear and aren't even set to tanking stance? These bizarre players want the group to change their strategy to accommodate THEM amidst unnecessary wipes and the healer immediately getting pounced upon by half the enemy group on every encounter.

One doesn't usually need to armor check a tank, but after several requests for said "tank" to please start holding aggro better because everyone else was getting creamed, his response was "Not much more I can do." A quick check revealed he wasn't a tank at all. Not even close.

That's when we knew we were hosed. However, we got lucky on the draw and after the mandatory Vote Kick, we pulled a REAL tank within minutes.

Why would a DPS queue as a tank when he can't do tankly things?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the meantime, how about a big old "STOP" to DPS who queue as Tanks but actually don't have tanking gear and aren't even set to tanking stance? These bizarre players want the group to change their strategy to accommodate THEM amidst unnecessary wipes and the healer immediately getting pounced upon by half the enemy group on every encounter.

One doesn't usually need to armor check a tank, but after several requests for said "tank" to please start holding aggro better because everyone else was getting creamed, his response was "Not much more I can do." A quick check revealed he wasn't a tank at all. Not even close.

That's when we knew we were hosed. However, we got lucky on the draw and after the mandatory Vote Kick, we pulled a REAL tank within minutes.

Ugh this one gets me the most. Ha ha. I always like when the "tank" role never actually has agro once throughout the entire instance run. Good times good times.

In the meantime, how about a big old "STOP" to DPS who queue as Tanks but actually don't have tanking gear and aren't even set to tanking stance?

That's an instant ignore and vote kick from me.

(Tactical fps are excluded from this ofc, idc as what you queue for them)

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Because queue assign roles to classes with no care about current gear and talents or poor kid didn't want to wait in queue and thought what the ..., I will queue as tank and screw 3 others.

Have in mind that there is almost no tank gear in planetary comm vendors (some enhancement here on there after 35 and proper ones on Makeb ones at 50)... so you may have good tank with DPS gear... just because there is no other available.

So it is up to group to get what of cases above you have...

Kick & ignore to any pure DD that queue as tank or healer ... but first ask politely is he/she DD only or dual role with field respec (and second set if exist - I had such on 2 of my tanks but at 55).

I have seen good tank in HM OP with non tank stance ... he was just swaped from DD role and set and just forgot to swap stance, so polite ask done good.

How about removing the ability to choose your role and let the GF decide what role to give you depending on your skill tree. If you have more points in the Tanking Tree than the DPS tree then you are a Tank, if you have more points in DPS then you are a DPS, same goes for healers ofc

How about removing the ability to choose your role and let the GF decide what role to give you depending on your skill tree. If you have more points in the Tanking Tree than the DPS tree then you are a Tank, if you have more points in DPS then you are a DPS, same goes for healers ofc

What about field respec and different gear sets (if available and needed)?

Because queue assign roles to classes with no care about current gear and talents or poor kid didn't want to wait in queue and thought what the ..., I will queue as tank and screw 3 others.

Have in mind that there is almost no tank gear in planetary comm vendors (some enhancement here on there after 35 and proper ones on Makeb ones at 50)... so you may have good tank with DPS gear... just because there is no other available.

So it is up to group to get what of cases above you have...

Kick & ignore to any pure DD that queue as tank or healer ... but first ask politely is he/she DD only or dual role with field respec (and second set if exist - I had such on 2 of my tanks but at 55).

I have seen good tank in HM OP with non tank stance ... he was just swaped from DD role and set and just forgot to swap stance, so polite ask done good.

This wasn't an accident. This was 55 HM Flashpoint, and this guy was specced intentionally. He wasn't a "poor kid" - he was just someone with an over-inflated view on his own abilities. He couldn't tank in DPS spec and he couldn't live long with DPS gear. The healer WANTED to keep him healed, but he'd take massive damage from the get-go and when the healer tried desperately to keep him alive, the mobs suddenly stopped, smelled sweet, sweet healer in the air, and immediately beelined for the healer, who had to run and heal himself.

So there was a polite request to "please do better with aggro" before we realized that this DPS actually thought he could tank. That's when there was no question that he had to go.

Also, you're wrong about no tank gear on planetary vendors. In fact, most of the on-level armoring on planetary vendors IS tank gear, favoring endurance over main stat. There are also Tank specific enhancements available. Besides, at lvl 55 the excuse that gear isn't available wouldn't hold water.

A healer doing dps is a sign of the FP being too easy or he is doing his job with heals well enough to know when he can DPS or the tank is geared enough not to be taking dangerous damage ... so the ultimate answer is

NO

Or its a sign that he isn't doing his job at all.

Or its a sign that he isn't doing his job at all.

as an operative healer, I don't heal if someone is 80% health or higher. I keep HOTs on them and let those do their job. It is extremely inefficient to keep everyone at 100% health the entire time. Often people ************ at healers is because they don't realize they are being kept at less than 100% health for a reason.

Also, I have a melee attack that builds TA, so I will use that as often as I can so that I have better burst healing abilities for when they are needed.

Most DPS don't realize a healer's job is to keep everyone from dying, not to keep everyone at 100% health the entire time. Overhealing is a waste of energy.

This is very situational. When fighting a boss I rarely dps on my healer and concentrate on keeping the tank alive, myself alive and the dps alive in that order of priority. In some boss encounters I may dps some adds, especially if they are going for me but I always keep a close eye on the tank's health. Against trash mobs a well geared tank shouldn't need much healing and a bit more dps gets you through the flashpoint quicker.

This wasn't an accident. This was 55 HM Flashpoint, and this guy was specced intentionally. He wasn't a "poor kid" - he was just someone with an over-inflated view on his own abilities. He couldn't tank in DPS spec and he couldn't live long with DPS gear. The healer WANTED to keep him healed, but he'd take massive damage from the get-go and when the healer tried desperately to keep him alive, the mobs suddenly stopped, smelled sweet, sweet healer in the air, and immediately beelined for the healer, who had to run and heal himself.

So there was a polite request to "please do better with aggro" before we realized that this DPS actually thought he could tank. That's when there was no question that he had to go.

Also, you're wrong about no tank gear on planetary vendors. In fact, most of the on-level armoring on planetary vendors IS tank gear, favoring endurance over main stat. There are also Tank specific enhancements available. Besides, at lvl 55 the excuse that gear isn't available wouldn't hold water.

Heavy endurance is not tanking gear, it is just - screw you all - gear...

Tanking gear means mods with def or abs and enhancement with shi/abs or shi/def.

Just go and see how much of those above exist on planetary vendors before Makeb.

55 is easy now, blue 66s are cheap as hell (even when you have to buy 2 items to build 1 properly distributed) and Oricon add some usable purples (even most of them have no usable enhancement).

So you had DD with DPS tree and DPS set queued as tank... either he forgot/didn't know to uncheck tank choice (GF screw) or screwed you intentionally.

"Poor kid" was simply a irony ... over screw others I want my queue NAO, mentality.

I would as is it forgot to uncheck option or not, if receive honest answer would explain and will tell him that vote kick have no penalty, leaving voluntary have and he simply cannot do tank job as DPS, so there are 2 options this FP could continue - either replace him via vote kick so we could continue with new tank and he on new queue as pure dps or we just sit down and wait for him to leave voluntary and eat the penalty.

If he start jerking will get /ignore on top of now immediate vote kick.

If get over my nerves I will copy his name and distribute it to all my friends and guild mates.

Tanking gear means mods with def or abs and enhancement with shi/abs or shi/def.

Just go and see how much of those above exist on planetary vendors before Makeb.

55 is easy now, blue 66s are cheap as hell (even when you have to buy 2 items to build 1 properly distributed) and Oricon add some usable purples (even most of them have no usable enhancement).

So you had DD with DPS tree and DPS set queued as tank... either he forgot/didn't know to uncheck tank choice (GF screw) or screwed you intentionally.

If he start jerking will get /ignore on top of now immediate vote kick.

If get over my nerves I will copy his name and distribute it to all my friends and guild mates.

Heavy endurance IS tanking gear. You get two types of armorings... main stat gear and endurance gear. Guess which one is for tanking? Mods come in different flavors but what isn't available in early levels doesn't come into play in a level 55 Hadmode Flashpoint.

Again, he was not a poor kid, he didn't do anything accidentally. He went in purposely geared and stanced. He tried to get us to run things differently (in a Mando Raiders fight, he said "kill all four sith equally, otherwise I can't handle all the damage." That's when we voted to kick.)

HM 55 Flashpoints CAN be easy, but are not easy automatically as this Faux Tank demonstrated. When the healer got the bulk of aggro, he either ate ground fast or one of us REAL DPS pulled the aggro off of him and found ourselves dirt napping as the healer was trying to keep himself from flat-lining.

This guy was arrogant. He wanted the rest of us to leave when we told him that a DPS non-tank wasn't going to work. We changed the parameters of his argument by vote kicking him. I'm sure he queued the next FP as a tank as well (he whispered a lot of smack talk, but his "L2P" line only caused us to laugh - he wasn't even out DPSing the other DPS in the group).

Heavy endurance IS tanking gear....

The presence of Endurance on gear doesn't make it tanking gear. Endurance being the highest stat on gear doesn't make it tanking gear either.

Tanking gear has some combination of Shield, Defense, and Absorb on it. It also has Endurance. That is secondary and irrelevant to the main tanking stats of Shield, Defense, and Absorb.

Any "tank" who stacks Endurance to the exclusion of the real tanking stats (repeating it a third time: Shield, Defense, Absorb), especially if they're doing it with Fortitude augments, is doing it tragically wrong.

as an operative healer, I don't heal if someone is 80% health or higher. I keep HOTs on them and let those do their job. It is extremely inefficient to keep everyone at 100% health the entire time. Often people ************ at healers is because they don't realize they are being kept at less than 100% health for a reason.

This was particularly true with shadow tanks when they still had their self healing. Because so much of their mitigation was based on that self healing, if you kept them at 100%, they required even more healing. But it required real discipline to stop healing them at 90%.

A healer's job is to make sure people don't die. If people aren't dying, then who the hell cares what the healer does in their down time?

There is a big difference between people dying because the healer is DPSing and isn't healing and people dying because they are taking to much damage for the healer to heal through (IE doing the fight wrong).

Heavy endurance IS tanking gear.

Only before level 30. But even then, they aren't really "tanks" but rather DPS with more HP. Once you get past the point where your mods and enhancements start coming bundled with actual tank stats like shield, defense and absorption, then basic high endurance mods and enhancements are no longer considered gear for "tanking" but rather just gear to be avoided.

There is no class or role in the game that should stack endurance. Ever. If you have a mod or enhancement that his more endurance than any other stat, then you should work on replacing it.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

Healers, for a minimum, are supposed to keep dots on bosses. I am primary a sorc healer, and as long as the tank is above 70% HP I would rather dps. Why would I heal someone at full HP?! Also, dps should not be receiving damage. If they do you do have to heal, but they should be working on not atking mobs before tank.

Also, most competent dps can solo at least 1 elite. So if a dps is getting atked in a mob pull it is not red alert to heal them or stop dpsing (unless they are pulling agro).

Now, I am not sure where people are getting the impression that endurance is need for tank. It is not. In fact BiS tank gear is low on endurance than non BiS tank gear. Even at low levels, the extra damage you get can help maintain agro. Also, pre level 30, the only reason you need tank in any content is to hold agro not because incoming damage is "high" and you need a tank to tank. I tanked all FPs below boarding party in dps tree and gear with tank stance. They are so easy.

Tanking gear means mods with def or abs and enhancement with shi/abs or shi/def..

I hate Endurance stakers. A week or so a go I got into a 16m PuG for DF SM as a Tank (Guardian) and got grief from the other Tank (Vangaurd) for only having 38k HP, he had 45k. At the first boss I noticed that the other Tank was taking a hell of a lot more damage than me, he seemed to be almost always under 25% HP.

After the fight I inspected his gear, he had 13% Defense Chance :eek: and a lot of Alacrity. He died on 2nd Boss and even managed to die on Grob'Thok :eek::eek:

He quit after Corrupter-Zero calling the healers *******. As the rest of us wanted to finish the Op, we Pugged another Tank, a 36k Shadow and finished it without any difficulties.

I get the feeling the Vangaurd is now on an extra 15 ignore lists :rolleyes:

Healers, for a minimum, are supposed to keep dots on bosses.

"Suppose", no, not at all. Healer isn't "suppose" to do anything but heal and pre-pull CC, SOMETIMES.

That said, yeah, I will kill the non-elites and stuns and CCs and DPS my head off. If a DPS dies, so be it. It won't be in a big pull or some accidental extra pull, but in a fight when they ignore mechanics and stand in stuff that hurts "cuz the healer can heal through it". Yeah, I can... once or twice. More than that and i'm starving for resources. Stress me out and you'll have a repair bill.