Stuns!?!

MisterGhost

Ok im confused and abit pissed i was pvping and got stunned by one guy for literally like a full 10 sec just standing there not moving and getting hit constantly why is there stuns in this game that allow people to get messed up and not get outta of the stun to fight back i thou if you are hit you get knocked outta the stun but apparently all stuns in this game that aren't channeled are amazing why give Ranged characters like 3 to 5 different stuns and knock backs and so much dmg it doesn't matter if u try to hit them cause your dead in 10 sec which the stuns last longer.

Are they gunna nerf crowd control abilities or give us more than 1 move to get outta of it or something it just seems abit one sided when a Jedi Sentinal cant even kill a operative cause he cant move the entire fight !?!

as Jedi Sentinel you can try mid-tree which gives 45s for Ave, and Force Camo which frees you :) and furthermore, you will have all 3 possibly roots to caught operative face-to-face and smash it as a bug. Also you will have speed boost avail, same 50% as operative have :) - so he loses advantage.

And well...don't guard alone, don't jump into a lot of enemies 1st/alone.

Edited by alexzk

as Jedi Sentinel you can try mid-tree which gives 45s for Ave, and Force Camo which frees you :) and furthermore, you will have all 3 possibly roots to caught operative face-to-face and smash it as a bug. Also you will have speed boost avail, same 50% as operative have :) - so he loses advantage.

And well...don't guard alone, don't jump into a lot of enemies 1st/alone.

I tried that but surprisingly mid tree dmg sucks so hard i cant even kill a bug with a broken leg i went watchman and i start killing everyone but i lost my extra stun and movement speed

If dmg sucks at mid tree, you're doing something wrong. Also...don't read numbers at the end :/

If you put dots it ticks slowly for some dmg, but target can heal it, so you put more dots etc, at the end it is huge number but useless because was healed.

If you properly play mid treem you just do 2-3 hits and target is dead, so he/she had no time to heal self and your final numbers are less.

I would suggest researching other classes. But hard stuns do not break on damage. There are mezzes that WILL break on damage. And no class has as many stuns as you are noting.

Thats stupid why should i need to start lvling another character shouldn't all classes be balanced when it comes to crowd control i just think its stupid that ranged gets a push back with slow 2 stuns and a wall that prevents me from jumping to them

If dmg sucks at mid tree, you're doing something wrong. Also...don't read numbers at the end :/

If you put dots it ticks slowly for some dmg, but target can heal it, so you put more dots etc, at the end it is huge number but useless because was healed.

If you properly play mid treem you just do 2-3 hits and target is dead, so he/she had no time to heal self and your final numbers are less.

2-3 hits ............ It takes me like 12 to 15 to kill anyone in combat spec

Thats stupid why should i need to start lvling another character shouldn't all classes be balanced when it comes to crowd control i just think its stupid that ranged gets a push back with slow 2 stuns and a wall that prevents me from jumping to them

Don't even try 1v1 unless you have mid specc.

There's no 10 sec stun. They're all at least 15 sec and have an uncleansable dot that does between 7.5 and 10k internal dmg during their duration. The biggest offenders are carnage guardians.

why in gods green earth would anyone develop a15 sec stun thats just ****in stupid

Don't even try 1v1 unless you have mid specc.

thats funny cause the only time i ever win is if i 1v1 with watchman, combat is the spec that i failed at and whent 3 and 20 every game once i went watchman i went 12 and 9 thanks to my regen from burns.

pls, before crying on the forums - take some time to actually research classes and how stuns work and which classes have what. My advice is playing these classes or dueling people who play these classes so you understand them a bit better. As a shadow, the most "stuns" I can have are 3 when in full middle tree. (low slash, force stun, and kick) force lift and mind mez break on damage. If you decide to use your cc breaker on an 8 second mez, chances are I will hit you with 2 stuns for a total of 6 seconds which is more than enough time to kill inexperienced players...

Ok im confused and abit pissed i was pvping and got stunned by one guy for literally like a full 10 sec just standing there not moving and getting hit constantly why is there stuns in this game that allow people to get messed up and not get outta of the stun to fight back i thou if you are hit you get knocked outta the stun but apparently all stuns in this game that aren't channeled are amazing why give Ranged characters like 3 to 5 different stuns and knock backs and so much dmg it doesn't matter if u try to hit them cause your dead in 10 sec which the stuns last longer.

Are they gunna nerf crowd control abilities or give us more than 1 move to get outta of it or something it just seems abit one sided when a Jedi Sentinal cant even kill a operative cause he cant move the entire fight !?!

Operatives have 1 hard stun by default. Concealment has a 1.5 second "stun" (can't really even count it because they still have to go through a GCD to use another ability) on Hidden Strike, which is only usable from stealth, and behind the target. They also have 2 "soft stuns", or mezzes, which break on damage. One 8 second one from stealth, and one AOE mezz which lasts 8 seconds. 2 of ANY of these, will put you at full resolve. You should never be breaking the 1.5s stun on hidden strike, you only want to break the 4 second stun, unless you absolutely need to break something early to prevent a cap.

L2P. seriously. I logged on my smash mara and held alderaan side point solo against 5 different 1v1 encounters against op. EAch time they got the open..each time..they died. your dcd's are better.. and your dmg is way better (did i mention guaranteed 10k SMASH). its an L2P issue. use medpack/adrenals... use your dcd's wisely... your break wisely.. and your dmg will piss all over the Op's.

Although I do agree that its probably a L2p issue with the original poster, its not always the case. As Uelle said, if you are caught without your cc breaker ready and 2 people (who know how to play) stun lock you for 8 seconds it's pretty much over. I don't care how good you or your gear are. Happens all the time and its pretty annoying. They key is to not get caught alone but that's kind of hard in pug's. Well, thats swtor pvp so you either role with it or don't pvp. No point in complaining.

I'm pretty sure OP is confusing roots and stuns. He mentioned that when switching from Combat to Watchman he lost his "extra stun".

If he thinks roots are stuns and uses his 2-minute CC-break on roots, I can imagine why he has such terrible K/D ratios with Combat.

I'm pretty sure OP is confusing roots and stuns. He mentioned that when switching from Combat to Watchman he lost his "extra stun".

If he thinks roots are stuns and uses his 2-minute CC-break on roots, I can imagine why he has such terrible K/D ratios with Combat.

This.

In op's defense it is pretty easy to be confused by all the cc when you are new.

Operatives have 1 hard stun by default. Concealment has a 1.5 second "stun" (can't really even count it because they still have to go through a GCD to use another ability) on Hidden Strike, which is only usable from stealth, and behind the target. They also have 2 "soft stuns", or mezzes, which break on damage. One 8 second one from stealth, and one AOE mezz which lasts 8 seconds. 2 of ANY of these, will put you at full resolve. You should never be breaking the 1.5s stun on hidden strike, you only want to break the 4 second stun, unless you absolutely need to break something early to prevent a cap.

how is that different from cryo grenade? it's still on the gcd. I think loading flechette rnd you can do w/o interrupting your attacks. but you very much need to be on the gcd for cryo and flash and really most control that I'm aware of. and since shootfirst stuns as it does dmg, it gives you a total of 2 abils before the opponent is able to do one (I'll usually go for crouch/sab) while he's down.