The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why play a sorcerer/sage healer anymore?

Tobionekenobe

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just going to put this out there and it will be unpopular but oh well. Sorc and sage healers have to stand still when healing for the most part. They are squashy to the point that on my tank sith warrior, they are the ones I give my guard to. I don't mean just the healing spec. The sorc is the one that gets my guard. Here is the unpopular part. A operative/scoundrel healer can keep on healing at a pretty good pace while running around all over the place. Is it just me or does that not sound like balance? I was their at launch when sorcs and sages were pretty dang overpowering but at least they were grounded to having to stand still to use their abilities.

Just going to put this out there and it will be unpopular but oh well. Sorc and sage healers have to stand still when healing for the most part. They are squashy to the point that on my tank sith warrior, they are the ones I give my guard to. I don't mean just the healing spec. The sorc is the one that gets my guard. Here is the unpopular part. A operative/scoundrel healer can keep on healing at a pretty good pace while running around all over the place. Is it just me or does that not sound like balance? I was their at launch when sorcs and sages were pretty dang overpowering but at least they were grounded to having to stand still to use their abilities.

I agree. Playing my Seer is definitely more challenging than running around healing on my Sawbones or Medic. The nature of the static play for a Sage, makes it seem more like a main battle healer so to speak, which requires the main battle tank to assist them.

This of course is no longer the case for various reasons. One being the lack of decent pvp tanks and another being we are simply so easy to kill.....if we want to continue being an effective main healer in the battle.

Sure we can hide, use LoS effectively, but that in itself takes away from being main battle healer.

I rarely die on my Op/Scoundrel healers, it really is so easy to keep people up whilst keeping yourself alive too, perhaps too easy, but my Sage chews the dirt pretty much constantly, if I try to play main battle healer.

Now, what I tend to do, is cross heal the Scoundrels more, whilst using my AOE heal to boost the melee area, but this is a far cry from how fun it used to be. But, you have to move with the times if you want to play some classes. I pretty much just do my weekly on Tuesdays and park the toon until the following week now. Sad state for my main to end up in.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

I still think they are easier to heal on then mercs. Having an ability like healing trance/innervate alone puts them ahead of mercs for wzs full of idiots that LOS you.

All the buff to mercs did was fluff numbers up a bit.. to actually keep someone up at the end of the day in a wz you still have to use your big casted heals.

Edited by AngusFTW

I still think they are easier to heal on then mercs. Having an ability like healing trance/innervate alone puts them ahead of mercs for wzs full of idiots that LOS you.

All the buff to mercs did was fluff numbers up a bit.. to actually keep someone up at the end of the day in a wz you still have to use your big casted heals.

add fluff and even more fluff and and on top of that a bit more fluff and you have operative healing. To seriously anything with them you have to cast from time to time as well.

I still think that sorc/sage healing is ok in principle in wzs, especially be the power of healing trance. Arenas are a different story.

Having an ability like healing trance/innervate alone puts them ahead of mercs for wzs full of idiots that LOS you.

Are you serious? How long do we last while focused in a rwz??? Yep. We can use force barrier while enemies are destroying our team. Once out from the force barrier we have two ways: 1-Using force mend and warzone medpack, depriving of heals the team for about 1 second, and then starting to cast an heal 2- Casting healing immediately, exposing us to a certain death.

Are you serious? How long do we last while focused in a rwz??? Yep. We can use force barrier while enemies are destroying our team. Once out from the force barrier we have two ways: 1-Using force mend and warzone medpack, depriving of heals the team for about 1 second, and then starting to cast an heal 2- Casting healing immediately, exposing us to a certain death.

Same with mercs any meaningful heal is shut down with focus... I didn't say they where better then operative or good for rwz arena where did i say that? :p

I personally don't wear PVE gear (unless it'll bolster to 2018 expertise), but my point was more that everyone and his mom looks to jump on sorcs in hopes of getting one that does wear PVE gear. We're fodder for the server record threads, "Biggest Hit" category.

I agree. People without any PvP gear are valuable because they are easy kills. And everyone want easy kills, so people are specifically looking for non-PvP-gear wearing Chars.

They either aren't aware of the class's problems or don't care. I'm not sure which is worse

I believe it is even worse : They want it as it is now.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I agree. People without any PvP gear are valuable because they are easy kills. And everyone want easy kills, so people are specifically looking for non-PvP-gear wearing Chars.

Yes, it is called "The Path of Least Resistance." Hence they always go for the weakest class to pad their numbers and look like super war heroes!

I believe it is even worse : They want it as it is now.

D.O.T! (Dead on Target). Hence the reason they have not done anything to the class since 2.0 to improve QoL or suvivability or healing with the exception of "no push back" with 2.6. Their standard answer: "Working as intended....H2F and Make them pay!"

Anyone playing a sorc or sage now is an utter moron and a dead weight on their team.

I stopped running premades with my guild on that character and now only play it in PUGs. The real, powerful characters do join premades and actually help them.

Those who do actually manage getting something done on a sorc / sage, would be good enough to help their group / guild 5 times more and better by playing another class.

Edited by Vaerah

Anyone playing a sorc or sage now is an utter moron and a dead weight on their team.

I stopped running premades with my guild on that character and now only play it in PUGs. The real, powerful characters do join premades and actually help them.

Those who do actually manage getting something done on a sorc / sage, would be good enough to help their group / guild 5 times more and better by playing another class.

That was rude :\ I wonder which AC you are playing... And I won't stop playing Sorc healer just because someone can't handle team with Sorc :b

That was rude :\ I wonder which AC you are playing... And I won't stop playing Sorc healer just because someone can't handle team with Sorc :b

Neither will I. As a matter of fact, I decided to go back to the hybrid Lightning/Madness. Boy, talk about almost no cast time needed. Most importantly, my force never dropped below 95% while I was firing off everything in my rotation. Sadly though, I cannot PvP because of my latency issues I have with my internet company and living in the Philippines. I'm hoping they install the FiBOps they told about me about soon, or I'll have to switch to the wireless 4G internet system here. Maybe that will help since their server is here in my city and not 900 km away with my current provider. :eek: