So I guess, we now have to wait till patch 2.7 so they can nerf op's & scoundrels

angel_dust

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been getting the living **** beat out of me via stunlock the last few days by these stealthy mother****ers.

It seem my resolve bar finally gets full while I'm already hard stunned and dying. I don' t know if I'd cry OP though; most of the time I'm guarding a node solo and two of htem unstealth and then LOL juggle me until I die.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

I've been getting the living **** beat out of me via stunlock the last few days by these stealthy mother****ers.

It seem my resolve bar finally gets full while I'm already hard stunned and dying. I don' t know if I'd cry OP though; most of the time I'm guarding a node solo and two of htem unstealth and then LOL juggle me until I die.

You were getting stunned before then too. Spike + electrocute isn't any different than hidden strike + debilitate.

I don't know where these mythical stunlock magicians are supposed to be, but I haven't yet been killed by an operative without a chance to defend myself on any of my toons or been able to kill anybody before they have a chance to defend themselves on my operative. They are still LOLsquishy and die faster than any other class in the game.

Clearly the only solution is to just level one of everything. Why did the only thing that I have not yet played have to be op / scoundrel?!?! :p

You really should, if anything, just for the stories. The Agent story is my second favorite in the game (many consider it to be the best). Scoundrel story is my third. Good times.

This really brings me back to the good old Warg Pack days in Lotro. 24+ man groups of stealth DPS in open world PvP.

You didn't need a pack back then, at least during Mirkwood (which I believe is what you are referring to). Just needed 2-3 Wargs and each to have an FM off cd. Now that was true grey-bar stunlocking.

Of course, Burg squads were doing the same thing... ;)

I don't know where these mythical stunlock magicians are supposed to be, but I haven't yet been killed by an operative without a chance to defend myself on any of my toons or been able to kill anybody before they have a chance to defend themselves on my operative. They are still LOLsquishy and die faster than any other class in the game.
As they should. I don't understand what people expect? Stealth classes to have stealth, burst AND survivability?

*cough* assassins *cough*

I totally agree about nerfing ops. I have 3 of them and an assassin. we didn't need a buff. We can already stun lock and stealth. And now there is like at least 4 ops running around in each wz after 2.6. Making nearly every game filled with these scrubs that only want to TDM every wz. BW you need to get it together. Seriously. You are making this game suck, when it has potential to be the best. ( maybe ijust say htis cuz i am huge star wars fan but who cares. come on yo)

Torparse would like to have a word with you.

You can tell Torparse that it's not going to be taken seriously around here because ship dummies don't fight back. Go ahead and try to bring your little concealment operative into ranked areans and see what happens.

You can tell Torparse that it's not going to be taken seriously around here because ship dummies don't fight back. Go ahead and try to bring your little concealment operative into ranked areans and see what happens.
His point was that a stealth class that has also the option to heal, parses higher than pure DPS classes.

Vigi/Veng is in the same boat . In fact, I am pretty sure it is the #1 parser now.

Edited by Metallistic

His point was that a stealth class that has also the option to heal, parses higher than pure DPS classes.

Vigi/Veng is in the same boat . In fact, I am pretty sure it is the #1 parser now.

And my point is that it won't do that much damage against opponents that fight back. Your DPS while sitting behind a force field after dying is exactly zero.

Whenever I hear someone mentioning "parse in PvP" I roll on the floor laughing. Please explain to me why rage marauder is a top spec in PvP while annihilation is beyond terrible, when annihilation parses at least 5% ahead of rage (more like 10%)?

I think you nailed one of the major issues. Although I have never played ranked, I doubt that regular warzones are the same environment as ranked. Ops/scoundrels may seem awesome in regs, but not so much in ranked, for a number of reasons ranging from people's familiarity with countering the class to team compositions. Much of the lamentation is probably coming from the casual reg crowd (like me), not the ranked.

Whenever I hear someone mentioning "parse in PvP" I roll on the floor laughing. Please explain to me why rage marauder is a top spec in PvP while annihilation is beyond terrible, when annihilation parses at least 5% ahead of rage (more like 10%)?

Rage does more damage in PVP than annihilation spec partially because rage spec is an AOE spec. On some PVE ops that have lots of mobs, rage spec does better than annihilation spec.

Edited by TheCourier-

Bolded what for assassin is a lucky event, where for ops is much more reliable.

The relative rarity of assassin perma-crits is what makes them an unpredictable class, not a persistent curse like OPs are.

If the 'sin kills you, you can think: "well this time he got lucky, next time he'll pay".

If the OP kills you: "next time he'll do exactly the same and he'll crit the same".

I'll bite. Playing both an inf shadow and a conc operative at 55, this is pretty much the opposite of my experience. As an operative, you get 16% bonus crit on your hidden strike and backstab; if you are lucky and have old pve set bonus you get an extra 15% on backstab, or with the newer pve set an extra 15% crit chance on shiv. FP/recklessness, on the other hand, gives 60% bonus crit to project/shock and force breach/discharge, and it resets when you leave combat. If you have enough bonus force damage this happens quite often.

That said, I have (and had, before the buff) fun with both classes. The real deal breaker is survivability. While its very possible to flatten many players 1v1 with either class, operatives just don't have the durability to compete on the same level in ranked if they want to dps.

Edited by ViridianVex

I love all the "lol L2P" answers...because it's like it's our fault we can't do anything while we are stunlocked.

"Oh, an operative killed you because he left you at 20% HP before you could fight back?? L2P!!!!!"

Edited by Royox

A couple things. The best way to counter a class is by knowing who they are going to attack. If you don't use your cc breaker along with your own cc correctly you are going to die. If you don't have a cc breaker sorry that's life you are probably going to die. Just because you can not survive a class without using your defensive CDs does not make that class OP.

I have only seen 1 match where a group of operatives showed people how the class was supposed to be played. It took 4 OPs but they were able to almost global a sorc healer and a tank killing them in no more than 4 seconds. The problem was that because our team was so shocked they were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. So instead if actually focusing down the ops they would attack other random enemies while the ops went behind the turret and recharged their energy to repeat their process.

The point is if Ops can take people down in a quickness. It is their role. It is the job of the TEAMmates that are not getting attacked to make sure the Ops stay out of stealth and fight with their weak defensive CDs. 8v8 is about team work you may not be able to 1v1 that 1v1 class but you can outnumber him.

Edited by Chrisweaver

I find it hilarious that people are STILL crying about Operatives and Scoundrels. QQ about the Assassins who can kill you with 10k Mauls, have stuns just as bad as an Operative, AND...get ready for this one....HAVE BETTER DEFENSIVE COOLDOWNS!! Seriously, I have both classes and love to make people's life a living hell in WZs, but if you had half a brain, you would know you CAN kill them before they kill you. Yes, even on a Merc/Mando. That is all I play on the Pub side is my Mando and I do just fine.

I find it hilarious that people are STILL crying about Operatives and Scoundrels. QQ about the Assassins who can kill you with 10k Mauls, have stuns just as bad as an Operative, AND...get ready for this one....HAVE BETTER DEFENSIVE COOLDOWNS!! Seriously, I have both classes and love to make people's life a living hell in WZs, but if you had half a brain, you would know you CAN kill them before they kill you. Yes, even on a Merc/Mando. That is all I play on the Pub side is my Mando and I do just fine.

You can deception as well if you have a clue. I eat them up on my pyro merc (which is basically the only class I play outside my madness sin).

I love all the "lol L2P" answers...because it's like it's our fault we can't do anything while we are stunlocked.

"Oh, an operative killed you because he left you at 20% HP before you could fight back?? L2P!!!!!"

I'm really curious what kind of gear folks who make these kinds of statements have because they are lucky to drop me below 40% during a stun lock, and if I have all my cooldowns when it happens I will kill the op or make him run away.