Nerf Bombers please

HoloGrinder

Yeah, don't nerf the minelayer. I actually like it, despite it not having the super OP rail gun drone, because I can flood a satellite with things to confuse the living crap out of my opponents (2 seekers, 2 concussions (?), and 1 hyperspace beacon when I can't find better uses for it).

So please no nerf-gun

That railgun drone is hardly overpowered, it doesn't hit very hard.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if any one ship class makes another one obsolete some adjustments should be made.

Or maybe a ship is designed to create situations that favor/encourage the use of a certain fighter class and help emphasize the different niches of ships?

It honestly sounds like maybe you got a little too used to your scout being a multirole starfighter (ie being a fighter equally capable of destroying sat defenses as it is at dogfighting) and that your troubles are a product of using a scout as a multirole starfighter when it isn't meant for that role.

I have been on both sides of the coin, being on a side with 2-3 bombers is boring as the other side is more or less stuck at their spawn, and fought against them with more or less the same results. One class should not drastically change the face of the of the game to the point we are at now. Bottom line I think if the bomber isn't nerfed all the recreational casual GSF people will stop queing and all you elitists will be left fighting each other

One class should not drastically change the face of the of the game to the point we are at now.

The only class you could remove without dramatically altering the game is strikes, and even that would have big effects.

Without bombers, the game becomes super hard to peel tiny floaters off nodes (and everyone cries about the only aoe available, ion, because they think that's intended), and all ships have roughly the same tankiness.

Without scouts, there's no space supremacy fighters, and a lot less burst damage. Distance becomes a very real weapon with no way around it. Everyone would cry about anything that let you move around the field consistently or do burst damage because they wouldn't be used to the scouts.

Without gunships, anyone out of blaster range would be very hard to deal with, and proton range would be about the only thing you could fear. You would see a bunch of turn fights happening and have no way to interact with them, and bombers would be kind of overpowered.

What were you, all in scouts?

EMP missile, emp field...

aoe ion guns....

concussion missiles...

There's so many ways to clear drones/mines that if you die to them, sorry to tell you - it's your own fault.

This thread was the day of the bomber release and no one had EMP field. My Sting was mastered but every one else on the team was new and the 5 of us was 2 SF's and 3 scouts. Would not have mattered what we where in though as we where getting hit by a few GS turrets and a couple missile turrets and the satellite turrets all at the same time. it was 4 or 5 bombers that dropped drones in a tight cluster on top of the satellite. My tactics have adjusted and I am more efficient at taking them out now but the size of the drone cluster would still be impossible today.

That said I am a scout pilot that's what i like to fly, it's what i want to fly,

And that's fair enough, the gunship fits my play style better than the other ships (still haven't figured out how to use the bombers as effectively as others are apparently). Sometimes if we're having a very hard time of it we have to switch to something different to make some headway. If your opponents have a load of rocks, it's insanity to keep on throwing your scissors at them & expect to be able to do much. You may not have as much fun flying paper, but you'll get more accomplished (as you've already discovered).

and if any one ship class makes another one obsolete some adjustments should be made.

This is where I disagree, from a rock/paper/scissors point of view, I think one ship should have a much easier time against one other ship. If a scout can get in behind a gunship, they can kill them without too much difficulty, I've circled in behind a gunship that was obviously focussing on other targets, got to a decent range (not max range) & then opened up with rockets & blasters (only lvl 2/3 on both, certainly not upgraded to the more expensive levels) & the gunship died pretty quickly. But if I'd been caught at ~15k range infront of that gunship I would have been toast.

And that's fair enough, the gunship fits my play style better than the other ships (still haven't figured out how to use the bombers as effectively as others are apparently). Sometimes if we're having a very hard time of it we have to switch to something different to make some headway. If your opponents have a load of rocks, it's insanity to keep on throwing your scissors at them & expect to be able to do much. You may not have as much fun flying paper, but you'll get more accomplished (as you've already discovered).

This is where I disagree, from a rock/paper/scissors point of view, I think one ship should have a much easier time against one other ship. If a scout can get in behind a gunship, they can kill them without too much difficulty, I've circled in behind a gunship that was obviously focussing on other targets, got to a decent range (not max range) & then opened up with rockets & blasters (only lvl 2/3 on both, certainly not upgraded to the more expensive levels) & the gunship died pretty quickly. But if I'd been caught at ~15k range infront of that gunship I would have been toast.

I understand the rock, paper, scissors, aspect of it and rock paper scissors is legit and balance. GSF is not rock paper scissors. SF is how you lose, GS is how you win and Bombers are how you win with out even trying. Scouts at best can hold there own if they are an ace but can no longer take satellites that are droned up. In my opinion piloting a scout is the most fast paced strategic stealth ninja way to steal a satellite and eek out a win over a superior team and it is being defeated at that by the ship that requires no skill.

Edited by HoloGrinder

I understand the rock, paper, scissors, aspect of it and rock paper scissors is legit and balance. GSF is not rock paper scissors. SF is how you lose, GS is how you win and Bombers are how you win with out even trying. Scouts at best can hold there own if they are an ace but can no longer take satellites that are droned up. In my opinion piloting a scout is the most fast paced strategic stealth ninja way to steal a satellite and eek out a win over a superior team and it is being defeated at that by the ship that requires no skill.

Grinder, before 2.6 a Sting or Flash Fire was how you won with out even trying. And this is coming from someone who only used Strikers before 2.6...

The Strike class is billed as the multi-role fighter, yet the Sting or Flash Fire was better as a multi-role fighter, where was the balance there?

Everything had nearly 100% armour bypass, so what was the point higher armour and hull on the Strike class if a scout could one / two shot them?

How was it right that one Sting or Flash Fire could hold a node against 4 or 5 Strikers due to evasion, even while turret fighting.... Yet a Mine Layer or Drone Carrier to do the same thing is OP? I mean it's not like the Mine Layer or Drone Carrier has anyway to brake missile lock or really evade any shots.....

Post 2.6 my Star Guard eats Drone Carriers and Mine Layers like they are candy, and I run quads / heavies and protons... I just pay attention to what type they are and how I am go after them.

If you are a good scout pilot, that's great, I'm not a scout / interceptor pilot type of person, I'm more of a Strike / fighter bomber type of pilot, and as such I'm good at dealing with people that think the same way I do.

I concur. I shoot Siesmic Mines at Max range and still take full hull damage and die. They can drop 2 of those, a Concussion, have 3 Defense turrets up and just hide in a friggin corner. No matter what ship I take in there. SF, Sting, whatever.

I am not sure why Bioware has it's head up it's on arse with this game. They have the potential to make something of it, but instead sit around and soak up money from the Cartel Market. They're like EAs mini-me. Yes, I continue to play until Wildstar comes out. After that. I may never log in. Even if WS fails, I have plans to hang up the reigns. I LOVE GSF now, and Bombers -ruined- it. Yes, I know...I know. "Why not roll your own bomber and join them".

No. Just no.

When a bomber can cap a node, drop everything with turrets and then just leave it undefended and the mines kill people instantly. There's a problem.

I concur. I shoot Siesmic Mines at Max range and still take full hull damage and die. They can drop 2 of those, a Concussion, have 3 Defense turrets up and just hide in a friggin corner. No matter what ship I take in there. SF, Sting, whatever. .....

I'm not up on mine layers as I use a Drone carrier, but I can only have one offensive drone (missile or rail, and missile is bugged at the moment) and one defensive drone (heal)... I own Razor wires and Legions like they owe me money when I use my Strike, just learn how to counter them, and for the love of the Force fly one before you go calling them OP.

No don't nerf the bombers they are surprisingly well balanced how they are. They get a lot of assists but at the end of the day people only care about kills. They can be easily compromised and killed as pointed out on other threads. When I fly the bomber half of my kills are from air-to-air, and I typically get 6-8 kills total, so go figure.

When the bombers are consistently getting 20+ kills per match like gunships and scouts were, then nerf them.

I'm not up on mine layers as I use a Drone carrier, but I can only have one offensive drone (missile or rail, and missile is bugged at the moment) and one defensive drone (heal)... I own Razor wires and Legions like they owe me money when I use my Strike, just learn how to counter them, and for the love of the Force fly one before you go calling them OP.

Other than a Gunship. I can't get close to one. So how am I supposed to "counter" them, when I get ONE shotted in a Sting and SF? I get within a 5-6k range and I get blown to bits. Railgun and Missle Sentries lock on and it can't be broken.

Edited by OpeningToEndgame

They are holding satellites for entire matches without a player being at the satellite to defend. in a game I just played (A) satellite was left totally undefended. It had 3 turrets up and was bristling with drones. 5 of us hit it repeatedly and never got the first turret down. The drone's don't seem to miss and the missile one was kills my mastered sting in 1 shot. Evasion does not work against them. I just think that a player should have to defend a satellite and a half the team effort should do some damage not just get shredded against turrets and drones. When used by a premade these bombers are way over powered. there strategy win simple. Drone up A till it is unbeatable. sit the whole team on B. We ended up parking on C which the left alone and settling for the defending points. My scout is built for taking satellites and that game seems to be over. Has any else seen this tactic used already?

Did you use EMP missiles? They shred bomber droppings.

I understand the rock, paper, scissors, aspect of it and rock paper scissors is legit and balance. GSF is not rock paper scissors. SF is how you lose, GS is how you win and Bombers are how you win with out even trying.

I find beating bombers rather easy in my gunship. Drones have a cooldown of a minute and fifteen seconds, and I can destroy them all in fifteen seconds. They're nothing if you're used to taking on defensive turrets.

The bomber itself is a slow moving target that's readily taken down if you have LOS. I find them much easier to destroy at sats than I did scouts with their fast speed and evasion boosters.

Other than a Gunship. I can't get close to one. So how am I supposed to "counter" them, when I get ONE shotted in a Sting and SF? I get within a 5-6k range and I get blown to bits. Railgun and Missle Sentries lock on and it can't be broken.

The t1 scout has an AOE burst that disables drones, mines, and defensive turrets. At higher levels, it shuts down engine or shield powers, which means they can't fortify. Or you could hop in a bomber yourself and destroy one.

Bomber vs bomber is an interesting battle.

Edited by MCaliban

Took about 4-5 days off for no reason in particular. My "welcome back" assessment:

• Bombers are not "OP"...they are just boring and require zero skill
  • Dog fighting is still taking place in both game modes although it is a bit muted (In matches with bombers I found myself trying to dodge either mines, drones or Gunship fire 75% of the time)
  • Offensive Drones are still annoying

I'm still seeing drones and mines dropped around sats with no trace of the squad-mate who dropped them. Is this part of some strategy I'm unaware of..or some preferred tactic? These areas tend to be Ghost towns for most of the match.

IMO the Bombers Just ruined the Game , the emp on the nova-dive does not work worth a **** fly in hit it none of the drones die :). it just took the non flyers and made them killers , fly in drop drones fly out to mother ship come back drop more drones , get kills with out even firing a shot or taking aim :( I have 4 mastered ships 3 of which are scouts and does not matter, people do not want to chase bombers in fear of them dropping a mine on them which does way to much damage so yes they need a Nerf most definitely, not much skill to flying a Bomber drop fly away watch the kills :(

I agree - my flash fire is a master, in a match i get 1st or second place for medals won. Now with bombers i spend almost the entire match shooting down drones and mines while getting blown up by other ships, mines, and drones. They don't miss, they bypass shields and they aren't even player controlled.. what's going to happen when they are mastered?

Right now, who ever has the most bombers wins..period.

These bombers needs to be nerfed to high hell, the railgun drones need to be able to miss and the missle drones need to be advoidable. These should be things that need to be defended to survive, like the gunsip was intended to be, not stand alone armies.

Even when i play my own bomber..with 1 or 2 upgrades i get 1st or 2nd place and i never fire a shot..there's a problem here.

GSF is no longer fun and was really the only reason i logged in anymore, now i find myself on the forums more than in-game.

I agree - my flash fire is a master, in a match i get 1st or second place for medals won. Now with bombers i spend almost the entire match shooting down drones and mines while getting blown up by other ships, mines, and drones. They don't miss, they bypass shields and they aren't even player controlled.. what's going to happen when they are mastered?

These bombers needs to be nerfed to high hell, the railgun drones need to be able to miss and the missle drones need to be advoidable. These should be things that need to be defended to survive, like the gunsip was intended to be, not stand alone armies.

Even when i play my own bomber..with 1 or 2 upgrades i get 1st or 2nd place and i never fire a shot..there's a problem here.

GSF is no longer fun and was really the only reason i logged in anymore, now i find myself on the forums more than in-game.

poor, poor you..are you sad that your precious burstfire is not that strong anymore :rolleyes:

These should be things that need to be defended to survive, like the gunsip was intended to be, not stand alone armies.

In my Type 1 striker they go down very fast when undefended. They can be a pain if you wander in unsuspecting but then they are traps so it'd be surprising if they didn't work well in an ambush.

Perhaps your problem is you're using a scout for minesweeping when it isn't designed to perform such a function and you should use a striker or GS?

Oh, you can't just fly your scout around aimlessly now since there are mechanisms in the game that actually hurt you?

Working as intended.

I like how only one of your sentences refers to flashfires... and everyone's assuming you're upset because you can't use what was good before the patch to the same effect.

Pro tip, guys, the problems with bombers affect all classes equally. The "problems" with bombers that affect scouts specifically are not problems at all.