PvP Healing, by far the worst experience I've ever had as a gamer

rawkus

Completely understand you OP. They really need to let Alacrity or something reduce the GCD. It was a novelty idea at best when we heard about it, but in PvP, the whole experience is reduced to a very non-action packed experience, and, as threats come to you, your inability to do anything (due to the age long GCD going) is multipled almost exponentially.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I will always believe th game needs some major polishing in terms of responsiveness, I do gotta say that most people really need to stop approaching this game like it's just WoW - and want it to play exactly like WoW.

Now with THAT being said....I know that's hard when the game resembles WoW so much, lol. But again, just try EVERYTHING before you think something's broken.

As said countless times in the thread already, healing is fine - the only issue is the broken raid frames.

You're not there to keep people at 100% for 100% of the time. You're there to keep them up and make sure they kill the other DPS before getting killed.

/thread

Completely understand you OP. They really need to let Alacrity or something reduce the GCD. It was a novelty idea at best when we heard about it, but in PvP, the whole experience is reduced to a very non-action packed experience, and, as threats come to you, your inability to do anything (due to the age long GCD going) is multipled almost exponentially.

Everyone else is on the same GCD. So if more stuff is happening to you then you can keep up with, that means you are out numbered.

Derp.

Healing in PVP is not all that effective. You will have a hard time even healing yourself with DPS on you, its a waste of time to even try honestly, they will out damage you. Your better off DPSing, I will heal but its normally to try and keep someone that is beating on me busy longer so someone else can gank him. Or to heal another player enough that the people attacking him give up and wander off or at least keep them busy for a bit to let someone get an objective ETC.

But the real reason I heal in PVP...medals. I can easily do 75k healing and damage in a single match and that gets me two medals...Plus you can also get some defender points from it and the ezmode 2.5k heal crit medal.

Also remember, it's team based. If you as a healer get ranked and sure right away then your team either sucks or aren't near you. A tank guarding you will cut the dmg you take by a ton, can also taunt whom ever is attacking you which drops the dmg 30% if they attack anyone but the tank. Plus said tank might have hold as well. And that's just what one team member can do to help. Learn to play and find friends who knows how to play.

I wouldn't base your judgement of PvP healing on the game in its current state. Right now, things are a mess. You've got level 10s with 1/3 of their skills going up against decked out 50s. You've got players that are new to MMOs and don't understand how warzones should work. You've also got 4 player PvP premades with lots of experience. Basically, I've only played about 3 warzones that I would say were evenly matched. All the other ones were either us rolling the imps, or the imps rolling us.

If you're getting frustrated, just don't bother queuing until level 50 or so. There's really no point in taking warzones seriously until that point.

Honestly, it's not even fun.

I'm hardly bad or a beginner (2700 exp Resto Druid), but I can't even begin to describe how awful PvP healing is in this game. I won't even get into the raid frames and totally unresponsive targeting system. Right now my Operative is 44 so I have all my abilities and it's still crap. Every single random DPS baddie can easily knock off 30-50% of my health in a global so it's impossible to keep up and then you just get interrupted/cc'ed to hell. Juking the interrupt? Good luck figuring that out!

It's not a positioning issue. It's not a l2p issue either.

It's just not fun being completely helpless without serious peels and even then healing is totally underwhelming.

Actually..this IS a L2P issue...This is NOT wow...Adapt your playstyle to THIS game and you'll see a HUGE difference

I've played full healing spec in beta and pulled 400k+healing matches as a sage, I've toned it down now to hybrid seer/balance spec now and I face roll just about anyone who I fight. Experiment, the game has been out for 3 days... lots of class balancing to come.

I know that a solid majority of people have never had an experience with the following example, but it needs to be made because it makes perfect sense...

Healing in SWTOR is NOT at ALL healing in WoW... And along the same lines, neither is tanking...

Healing in SWTOR IS healing in Warhammer: Age of Reckoning...

Just from the following comparison: Sith Inquisitor / Goblin Shaman

- You have 2 basic cast heals that seem to heal for a less than desireable amt of dmg... One smaller and faster, one bigger and longer...

- You have a instant small heal + HoT that modifies your casted heals...

- You have 1 AoE group heal (in this game, GTAoE, in W:AR PBAoE)

- You have a PBAoE knockback

- You have an instant cast stun

- You have a cast time CC

- You have a instant cast shield

- You have (and this is the most important part) Tanks that have PvP viable guard and taunt mechanics to debuff the oncoming dps' damage.........

Anyone playing a tank coming over from WoW DOES NOT HAVE THE TANKING PVP EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO BE EFFECTIVE IN THIS GAME!!!

There is a learning curve, and it will take a while, but coming from both WoW and W:AR, I must say, the WoW comparisons are completely out of line. No one who has only played pvp in that MMO has dealt with a system like this. Not saying you're all incompetent, but I'm saying that you need to adjust your thinking.

I personally made sure the best fluid guard / prime target taunting tank I've ever played with made a Powertech on my PvP server, in my guild, and at 50 he knows it's his job to be attached to my hip! Here's a fun fact, tanks, you get to be lazy, cause if you're next to a healer, the opposing force WILL COME TO YOU!!!

I do believe that heals could use a percentage buff, but no more than 5-10% just to keep up a little more with the combo output dps that's currently in game. But NOTHING ELSE NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!

Dear SWTOR healers - Get a tank, have him guard you, and debuff the highest melee dps threat that comes near you, make use of your stuns and knockbacks, and LoS ranged dps. YOU WILL WIN! HARD! AT LIFE! AND AT LIVING!!!

I see the same setup as was in W:AR, where if you're playing intelligently, and using the tools you have at your disposal, you will appear to the other team as unkillable...

Don't stand and spam... Run and gun!

Emperor Punjab

Terentatek

Formerly of Ostermark

PS - If there's anyone who read this the whole way through that actually played W:AR, please explain how I'm not full of Shiz... Thx!

Edited by TheFishes

Also remember, it's team based. If you as a healer get ranked and sure right away then your team either sucks or aren't near you. A tank guarding you will cut the dmg you take by a ton, can also taunt whom ever is attacking you which drops the dmg 30% if they attack anyone but the tank. Plus said tank might have hold as well. And that's just what one team member can do to help. Learn to play and find friends who knows how to play.

Ya thats all great but your missing the point. The other classes don't have nearly as much reliance on others. Even without our low heals, its pretty much a dps fight anyway.

As a healer I've been with someone using guard with me the whole time, I find it almost not possible to die with that even being kicked since i can just get peels from that person as well. Maybe I'm wrong but it's a whole different world as a healer if you have guard on you that's for sure.

I'm hardly bad or a beginner (2700 exp Resto Druid), but I can't even begin to describe how awful PvP healing is in this game. I won't even get into the raid frames and totally unresponsive targeting system. Right now my Operative is 44 so I have all my abilities and it's still crap. Every single random DPS baddie can easily knock off 30-50% of my health in a global so it's impossible to keep up and then you just get interrupted/cc'ed to hell. Juking the interrupt? Good luck figuring that out!

It's just not fun being completely helpless without serious peels and even then healing is totally underwhelming.

Maybe your right, maybe your wrong. But the Druid healer thing made me LOL. Resto druids were so OP, you can't even begin to compare that to SWTOR.

I agree to the OP.

Why shouldn't a healer be able to outheal a DPS 1vs1? He can't do damage while healing, because he must do so non-stop in order to survive.

And why should a healer be the only class not being able to beat no other class AT ALL 1vs1? Just because he can heal doesn't mean he's gotta die to everything!

Heck, a heal specced sage can't even outheal a damage specced sage!

Edited by QuimboQuambo

Maybe your right, maybe your wrong. But the Druid healer thing made me LOL. Resto druids were so OP, you can't even begin to compare that to SWTOR.

When? Season 2? Season 3? In those seasons you couldnt even get to 2700 because of the rating cap.

Resto druids are trash in WoW now unless you're a resto shaman or disc priest you'll get eaten up by fotm comps.

Your info is about 2 years out of date. If he's a 2700 druid today, he's indeed VERY good.

You played a Resto druid... prolly the most derped down OP'ed healer in all of WoW. Sorry it actually takes a little bit of skill to keep people alive in this game. Unlike WoW SW:TOR isnt an easy mode game

You played a Resto druid... prolly the most derped down OP'ed healer in all of WoW. Sorry it actually takes a little bit of skill to keep people alive in this game. Unlike WoW SW:TOR isnt an easy mode game

When did you people stop playing WoW? 2007?

When did you people stop playing WoW? 2007?

As of 3 months ago I could keep anyone alive with very minimal effort on my druid. It isnt difficult at all to play one and is by far the easiest of all the healing classes out there. Only someone with an IQ as low as Forrest Gump could fail as a druid healer.

As of 3 months ago I could keep anyone alive with very minimal effort on my druid. It isnt difficult at all to play one and is by far the easiest of all the healing classes out there. Only someone with an IQ as low as Forrest Gump could fail as a druid healer.

Yah it's not hard in the 1200 bracket.