PvP Healing, by far the worst experience I've ever had as a gamer

rawkus

Honestly, it's not even fun.

I'm hardly bad or a beginner (2700 exp Resto Druid), but I can't even begin to describe how awful PvP healing is in this game. I won't even get into the raid frames and totally unresponsive targeting system. Right now my Operative is 44 so I have all my abilities and it's still crap. Every single random DPS baddie can easily knock off 30-50% of my health in a global so it's impossible to keep up and then you just get interrupted/cc'ed to hell. Juking the interrupt? Good luck figuring that out!

It's not a positioning issue. It's not a l2p issue either.

It's just not fun being completely helpless without serious peels and even then healing is totally underwhelming.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hardly bad or a beginner (2700 exp Resto Druid), but I can't even begin to describe how awful PvP healing is in this game. I won't even get into the raid frames and totally unresponsive targeting system. Right now my Operative is 44 so I have all my abilities and it's still crap. Every single random DPS baddie can easily knock off 30-50% of my health in a global so it's impossible to keep up and then you just get interrupted/cc'ed to hell. Juking the interrupt? Good luck figuring that out!

It's just not fun being completely helpless without serious peels and even then healing is totally underwhelming.

So what you are saying is you want to be able to outheal dps and never die? I agree healing is not perfect, but i do not agree a healer should be able to out heal dps all the time.

what class are you ?

I have a sage lvl 35 and I got a commando lvl 30+ during beta, and they are preaty good in PvP healing. Sage have more Burst heal and the avantage of Speed and the shield, while Commando have a lot more survivability if attacked by 2 people, but they are both fine for me.

If you suggest a heal must be immortal in 1vs1, perhaps you must play another game. When you will be with a full PvP set vs a random pug, sure you will win easy, but still ... there won't be fun either.

I abandoned my commando in part because of this. Healers in pvp contribute next to nothing 90% of the time. I think I ran into one pair of level 50 commandos thatgave us a little trouble in huttball once and that was it.

While wows healers are ridiculous this game is the other extreme. There is next to no point bringing in a healer into a warzone.

if you try to be a wow healer and just spam heals to make bad players good, yeah your gonna suck. And since op quoted wow they definatly do not know how healing works in this game. The game is built around teamwork, I have saved players from getting demolished just by throwing out guard and taunts, as a tank, sliver of health on the person and i gave them enough time for my healer partner to get off a few good heals.

TLDR?

Don't expect to be an unstoppable healing god like in wow, work with others, don't run off alone, and dont expect to out hps 2+ people.

This is the trend in pvp for healers.

1) You are ecpected to follow everyone else and be there healbot

2) You are expected to heal everyone else and tank the other team

3) You are suppose to defend yourself while tanking 3+ players and healing your team

4) You are not expected to survive one vs one when all healers are focussed fired all the time.

Best advice I can give is do not go healing and go dps with enough heals for yourself.

Healing is neither appreciated or wanted. Frag fests is what pvp has become in every game.

Edited by Amiracle

Have 35 imperial agent healer! I'm loving the new healing mechanics! Only problem is they need to fix raid bars! Most of time in wf I'm first in healings, another thing they need to fix is to give healer more bonuses (medals) to heal spam an dispells! You can't focus in other stuff than that, maybe some cc if you have everyboody controlled. You also won't see everybody 100 % health up in warfronts, if you heal spam you would be a retard and have cero energy and everyone down! Need to be patience heals people most low and try to keep you're energy around 50 40% diag heal get up some energy, heal more

I'll recommend to get a good tank that guards you and you will kick ***, try to get your tank to guard people who are getting focus!

I use to have Druid on wow and It was retarded easy to heals boring at some point I'm enjoy new challenge

Sorry my English

Edited by chitoac

LoL

People who think WoW healers are OP must be joking.

The only healer who is OP are shaman, and that's because of soul link totem.

Any rogue/DK can kill a healer in WoW solo. A rogue can kill a resto druid through damage reduction CD's.

People who think healers shouldn't be able to outlast a DPS 1v1 just shows how ignorant they are.

If a healer will always lose to a DPS, then what's the point of playing a healer?

However, after playing one BG with some friends, I will say that outside of the UI what you're expereincing is awful players training DPS while you get trained by their DPS. You get no peels and just die. Which is like every other game.

Last night i popped my healing canisters on and healed myself and an assassin to victory. We won huttball 3-0 against a stacked team of 45's. Was a fantastic time, our team cheered us.

I'm pretty sure this is a case of being brain locked into the wow paradigm.

Healing is fun in Warzones, if not under appreciated. A good healer in this game can turn the tide of a fight pretty easily if the other side does not have anyone healing that well. It is not a stand there and heal game though, you need to move, need to use CC on people coming after you etc,etc.

the healing is really engaging, at least to me. I just wish they would fix the raid frames bug so I could see who was actually dying.

Last night i popped my healing canisters on and healed myself and an assassin to victory. We won huttball 3-0 against a stacked team of 45's. Was a fantastic time, our team cheered us.

I'm pretty sure this is a case of being brain locked into the wow paradigm.

and im pretty sure the opposing team was brain dead or your team was godly; see I can make generalization too.

I agree with the OP; any dps can murder a healer by face rolling on the keyboard.As a commando healer myself; I'm seeing the same thing as OP said.

and im pretty sure the opposing team was brain dead or your team was godly; see I can make generalization too.

I agree with the OP; any dps can murder a healer by face rolling on the keyboard.As a commando healer myself; I'm seeing the same thing as OP said.

I don't have that problem. I have been jumped on by DPS and while you can't simply heal through the damage forever, I can generally throw enough CC and heal myself that I win the fight, or last long enough for someone to get there and help out. I am an Operative, so maybe things are a bit different for other classes?

any dps can murder a healer by face rolling on the keyboard.

Not only is this untrue, its just sad. I'm a healing specced BH, when i die its because i'm in a 2v1 situation or worse, 1v1, I have as a good a chance as anyone else, i just happen to win more than i die.

Your statement above just shows you cant adapt and in fact do faceroll.

Has anyone noticed that the raid/party frames in Warzones don't update in realtime? I have had this issue where the bars would indicate someone is at full health, when in reality he is being killed, and has 10% hp.

Makes healing a HUGE pain in the ***.

Yeah, it is the main complaint for healing in warzones for most. Also, I like your name.

Honestly I lover having a healer in pvp by my side. Im thinking it's a L2p issue because my GL is a healer and he dose a fantastic job. He didn't like healing at first but now that he's 39 he liked it. More so when a tank has him guarded and actually tries to tank rather than just dps. healing is different in this game and you have to be smart about it. Plus haveing a smart team help s to. Also as a side note, pvp in this game isn't a deathmatch. Most people in pug can't seem to grasp the idea of an objective based pvp. It's almost all about team work and supporting your team so you can get/hold the objective.

Got a friend that used to play a priest in PvP and he sometimes whines about the frames not showing etc, but thats because people are joining late so he cant actually target properly.

Apart from this he thinks its just fine. And honestly from what I have seen so far healing seems pretty spot on, not OP and not UP.

So I would quit whining and practice more.

Edit: You are not playing an easy mode resto druid anymore, if you have more then 2 people on you, you will be dying rapid without peels and help, thats the way it should be.

Edited by Ghingis

This is the trend in pvp for healers.

1) You are ecpected to follow everyone else and be there healbot

2) You are expected to heal everyone else and tank the other team

3) You are suppose to defend yourself while tanking 3+ players and healing your team

4) You are not expected to survive one vs one when all healers are focussed fired all the time.

Best advice I can give is do not go healing and go dps with enough heals for yourself.

Healing is neither appreciated or wanted. Frag fests is what pvp has become in every game.

I agree 100% with the last sentence. I did one Huttball where I did near 400k healing (twice as much as next guy), and capt the ball once(only capture we had). I got no MVP but, the guy that had the most damage at 200k got 4 votes. Probably friends in the game but, still true to the point.

I'm a lvl 28 sage healer, who played a disc priest/resto druid in wow for many years.

My main issue is the healing UI, but then again I've gotten use to grid and other addons which made it easier, which I am sure in time star wars will also have.

The PVP in the game is not meant for you to be off by yourself, taking on DPS, or outlasting a dps wailing on you. There needs to be a lot more teamwork. Healers need to be guarded, DPS attacking them need to be taunted, there are a lot of ways to help a healer out.

Only warzone that I don't like for healing is huttball.

Seriously in WoW, if you played for a long time, every healer got to be OP in PVP at one point and you've probably gotten use to the big heals, the ease of the outlasting a bad DPS in your 2700 PVP gear, but right now in this new MMO you don't have that luxury.

Powertech here. Don't know **** about healing other than that me and my pal who's playing operative can take on any 2 dps:ers and win every time. My Guard + his heals makes us near invincible. They can CC him and not be close to dropping me before he gets out and heals me up, they can CC me and my guard will still keep him up without problem. Teamwork is what this game is about, not "I want to outheal DPS on my own!!!".

And healers are hugely appreciated by most people I play with. Maybe you should find some friends to play with that appreciate the effort you put in.