The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Normal version of Casual Combatant's chest piece

Yes please! I jumped out of my seat when I first saw the set and then my heart sank when I noticed they'd decided to cut pieces out of the chest to make it look skimpy. I've wanted to be able to put mods in that chest piece for two years but I refuse to wear it with the bottom portion of my torso exposed. It looks ridiculous for male characters.

I've kept the original (green) Aspiring Knight set for 2 years, hoping to get a moddable version of it. It would've taken less effort to release the moddable/adaptive version of the same gear, but I suppose they care a lot about the stripper community in the game. Edited by Advanderer

I've kept the original (green) Aspiring Knight set for 2 years, hoping to get a moddable version of it. It would've taken less effort to release the moddable/adaptive version of the same gear, but I suppose they care a lot about the stripper community in the game.

QFT

I too have kept my green set. I would pay 1800CC if we could get an adaptive version.

I also support this I recently started playing again when I saw on Dulfy promises of traditional jedi robes

Then I seen the preview for the new pack....................what a damn shame and this is not the first time they have screwed us on armorsets, whether its huge shoulder pads or glowing belt buckles they really need to stop damaging their already terrible reputation.

Why do the dev's just refuse to listen to us, and when they do listen to us they never keep it simple "Oh it seems like they want traditional jedi robes, hm well lets put giant football shoulder pads on there....and lets make these giant football shoulder pads levitate for every body type except type 2"

To be honest this set should have been in synthweaving at launch!

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed todat that the Casual Combatant chestpiece looks the way we want it to on body type 3 males:

Doc (Type 2) / Scourge (Type 3) comparison:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/kyanited/SWTOR/casual_combatant_zps7cfe2d89.jpeg

I wish the Scourge / body type 3 version would be available on CM for all body types, male and female.

(I'm not going to report this as a bug, since I like it much better this way.)

ETA: Nvm, it's probably just Scourge and related to his chest bug which hasn't been fixed in over 6 months. Hopefully they won't fix it before I'm done with him.

Edited by KyaniteD

I would like to know the thought process of the dev's when they make these sort of decisions.

Release the original set.

Why is this a difficult concept? If you must make a 'skimpy' version of every beloved outfit at least make it available alongside the original design.

Edited by Ferrety

• 4 weeks later...
As much as I want the normal version of the casual combatant's set, I've given up hope on jedi gear. You've defeated me bioware, so I'm retiring my pub toons and rerolling imperial. I'm sure that was your plan all along.

There are no simple black, Sith robes either. Guess what I'll be doin' after they will add Jedi robes that won't be easily colored full black / dark grayish...