The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Exposed Extrovert set could have been better on females.

Vinak

You know, there are times when, seeing otherwise perfectly nice looking chest armours how they look on a male dummy or screenshot, then looking at how all the actually interesting detail has been removed and cut away, just to make it more revealing, when worn by a female character, frequently in ways that ruin the cut of the outfit or just plain look silly - I'm looking at the bare midriff hooded robes that drop for sinquisitors on Hoth for instance... Hoth! Skimpt outfits for Hoth of all places! - that it gets really a bit annoying.

At times I find myself thinking " oh for goodness sake bioware, either leave our armour alone and cure yourselves of chainmail bikini syndrome, or else just go the whole flipping way and take my character's top off altogether, and get the compulsory object ification over in one go.

The number of slave girl bikini oufits there are in this game already is quite sufficient no objection there and no problem with wearing them for a joke, comedy value or even rp- but quit spoiling outfits that aren't designed to titillate by taking a razor to the sleeves and top. Skin is not the only sexy.

Was the original extrovert set not exposed enough? o.O

more exotic and revealing clothing will always be welcome. That particular outfit could also have been done a little better. As it is now, it just looks like it is quite blatantly missing parts rather than being designed to look like that...with its odd diamond shaped cut out.

To be honest, I've been looking for that Battlemaster set-gone pub side for some time now, and whilst the new skimpy version isn't it, I quite like it.

I've never been a fan of Bioware's skimpy-ness on female characters, but some sets really suit it, the set that was native to inquisitors at level 40-47 pre-CM, and the original Inquisitor CM Launch gear does seem to suit it well...

It's really just a question of taste.

Edit: However, the set looks Miles better without the Red-Black Dye IMO, because the Red little strap it has on there suits the set better than the black... http://dulfy.net/2014/02/04/swtor-galactic-ace-starfighter-pack-preview/

Edited by Selenial

Please Bioware. Change this skimpy look! I've been waiting for a CM version of Darth Marr's armor for a long while, and (strange enough, I predicted) it's a skimpy version! I'm begging you Bioware! Please change it!

You will almost never see a CM version of an already existing armor in the same form. Some things will be kept exclusive in their means of acquiring them, and there's nothing wrong with that.

They cut away the entire torso leaving just to the hood and the shoulder pads. Then for the sake of decency stuck the tube top on to cover the breasts.

http://puu.sh/6JIH3.jpg

Wouldn't this have been better?

http://puu.sh/6JIIM.jpg

(armor is dyed deep red and black and the helmet is from the battlemaster set)

The tube top thing is amateur looking. The second version is 100% better.

Edited by illgot