[IDEA] Crafting inventory tab

DarthMaulUK

Like many folks here, I have lots of toons. Some of them are purely for crafting but I am still leveling them up. Of course, if you craft whilst doing quests/pvp/ etc, your inventory slots become full rather quickly and you can't place them in your storage.

How about having a 2nd inventory tab where all crafted items default to without having to clog up your normal inventory.

Like many folks here, I have lots of toons. Some of them are purely for crafting but I am still leveling them up. Of course, if you craft whilst doing quests/pvp/ etc, your inventory slots become full rather quickly and you can't place them in your storage.

How about having a 2nd inventory tab where all crafted items default to without having to clog up your normal inventory.

This isn't necessarily a "bad" idea but really not so useful. If you're crafting that much stuff typically it's for reverse engineering purposes to learn schematics, in which case you're freeing up inventory space. It doesn't like a relevant or necessary addition to the game.

Nah, they can't increase inventory size or give us multiple tabs in inventory. It will definitely cause performance issues and technical problems. :rolleyes:

This isn't necessarily a "bad" idea but really not so useful. If you're crafting that much stuff typically it's for reverse engineering purposes to learn schematics, in which case you're freeing up inventory space. It doesn't like a relevant or necessary addition to the game.

Nope, it's to sell. A toon of mine is a crafter and only used as such. However, now I have started playing this class and crafting at the same time. I make lots of money from selling stuff so it will just be helpful.

Nah, they can't increase inventory size or give us multiple tabs in inventory. It will definitely cause performance issues and technical problems. :rolleyes:

If that's true, it shows some very extremely poor planning on their part and a severe lack of database expertise. Taken as a base property, the idea that another couple hundred inventory slots per character can't be handled with extreme ease is... pathetic.

Well maybe it just needs some better servers, or a cluster of servers in place of a single server somewhere. Clearly they are not experts at THIS, given that there are any notions of not being able to handle the "load".

If an inventory repository isn't feasible, perhaps they can give us a preference checkbox to automatically kick all crafted items to our mailbox instead of our inventory. You know, exactly what happens if you have a full inventory.

Well what you COULD do as a workaround now, (which is sort of a mess since you wouldn't be able to pick up looted items)... is expand a stack of resources by breaking off enough of the stack into more piles to fill your inventory... and then your crafted items would automatically get diverted to your mailbox.

Edited by anonnn

I don't necessarily agree with a brand new tab for crew skill items per se, HOWEVER-- I DO feel that items that are accrued by companions NOT CURRENTLY SUMMONED should go straight to your ship storage compartment as opposed to your inventory. After all, you can only have 1 companion with you at a time. Why do ALL companion fetched items go to your "carried " inventory"?