PvP on EH

JestersRevenge

Simply put, how's the PvP here? Length of time for pops for lowbie, mids, regs, solo and ranked? I'm assuming like most servers, the Imps "dominate"?

I'm an avid PvPer (7/8 ACs @ 55 all Valor 60 - 80, all but one in itemized Conq/Obroan), but I also like a decent story. Since I'm at my 12 character max (mostly Imp lowbies), I thought I'd finish some stories here (Pub). But if Pubs are awful, I may just pay for additional slots :D.

Republic PvP is really bad right now. Exclusively under geared and inexperienced pugs. This situation is exacerbated by the currently prolific imp PvP guilds. I swear, I haven't stepped into a warzone in weeks without getting face rolled by Void. (Hattip)

It used to be a lot better though. The Ebon Hawk seems to go through phases where the factions fluctuate in dominance. The current imp ascendency hasn't even lasted as long as the previous phase of rep ascendency, so give it time. Things generally balance out really well though in the end. Throughout most of this server's uptime, things have been balanced enough to give merit and hope to queuing on either faction at almost any time of day.

Republic PvP is really bad right now. Exclusively under geared and inexperienced pugs. This situation is exacerbated by the currently prolific imp PvP guilds. I swear, I haven't stepped into a warzone in weeks without getting face rolled by Void. (Hattip)

It used to be a lot better though. The Ebon Hawk seems to go through phases where the factions fluctuate in dominance. The current imp ascendency hasn't even lasted as long as the previous phase of rep ascendency, so give it time. Things generally balance out really well though in the end. Throughout most of this server's uptime, things have been balanced enough to give merit and hope to queuing on either faction at almost any time of day.

Premade or die,

that's TEH pvp in a nutshell.

P.S. Tam. we went 9-1 on republic side the other night, the imps literally stopped queuing :)

Premade or die,

that's TEH pvp in a nutshell.

P.S. Tam. we went 9-1 on republic side the other night, the imps literally stopped queuing :)

^ This. Or que dodge to try to get in with one of the premades instead of poo-flinging idiots. :(

Of course, some of the premades are the poo-flinging idiots... :eek:

Eh, maybe I've just been pretty lucky or maybe it's that I don't pug anymore (I only play Pub side with a group now), but my sage has been on a really nice win streak for the last few days. The losses I've had have generally been close ones.

At any rate, yeah the imps are dominating at the moment, but on this server faction dominance goes in streaks. For awhile one side dominates, and then for whatever reason it totally flip flops. That's how it's always been here.

Thanks all for the feedback. I played on Pot5 for a few months after transfers and my home server, Shadowlands, has reg pops at all levels every couple of minutes. It's surprisingly healthy for a PvE server. Solo ranked is okay (requires some coordination) and grouped ranked is almost dead (the top players in my Imp side guild have almost shut it down; a story probably repeated on quite a few servers :(). I do know quite a few of the better Imp side PvPers have turned their attention to their Pub toons and are kind of revitalizing that side. It makes for a good challenge...big backpacks are required :D. Would be cool if some of the better Imp guilds here did the same.

I think the main problem with Pub pvp is that alot of the top pvp guilds that were Republic factioned switched over to Empire Factioned pvp, because all I see mostly now is players or guilds I don't even recognize.

Now if you're talking about GSF, Republic players seem to have the advantage in that aspect over the Imperials, most of the time anyways.

Edited by RaithHarth

PvP on Ebon Hawk havent been good last months. Less logical players now. More pop-ups, tho.

Maybe on IMPERIAL side, you will be more lucky with pugs- I think. And those are the really fun games.

Premades with 4 guys on obroan talking and helping between them are on both sides (more IMPS now) but they just switch from time to time to PUBS... so that's more of the same if BioWare does not add SOLO QUEUE.

PvP on Ebon Hawk havent been good last months. Less logical players now. More pop-ups, tho.

Maybe on IMPERIAL side, you will be more lucky with pugs- I think. And those are the really fun games.

Premades with 4 guys on obroan talking and helping between them are on both sides (more IMPS now) but they just switch from time to time to PUBS... so that's more of the same if BioWare does not add SOLO QUEUE.

As an almost strictly solo queuer, I win 75% + of my matches, easy. But I do agree with more bad players on Imp side. Won an arena having 3x the second place damage, in a match with 4 other DPS, and 6 killing blows at the end.

As an almost strictly solo queuer, I win 75% + of my matches, easy. But I do agree with more bad players on Imp side. Won an arena having 3x the second place damage, in a match with 4 other DPS, and 6 killing blows at the end.

anyone can do this if they just rage quit every WZ when they see a bunch of 24k health randoms on their team... ;)

But yes, there are times of the day when 1 exceptional player can carry a terrible team... Other times you run and every team out there has at least one 4 man premade on it. And it comes down to which one has the better communication (&pugs)

anyone can do this if they just rage quit every WZ when they see a bunch of 24k health randoms on their team... ;)

But yes, there are times of the day when 1 exceptional player can carry a terrible team... Other times you run and every team out there has at least one 4 man premade on it. And it comes down to which one has the better communication (&pugs)

I just sigh and drudge forward and try with those pve warriors.

I generally try to stay out of these conversations but I think this is an important one so I will join in if that's ok.

I think it is good that people are concerned over the lack of pub pvp on the sever. I prefer to play Empire but generally you know the pvp community is doing well when you can see talented pvp guilds on both sides. I have been pvping in this game for a while and I can say that the pvp community has been stronger in the past. Granted, there are still a lot of people that pvp but there are few people left who spend their time queing up, gearing up and focusing on how to improve their game play for warzones and arenas - those are the people who make up a strong pvp community.

EH is an rp pve server so it really cannot be expected for people to focus on pvp here. Still a lack of focus means fewer pvpers and pvpers tend to flock together. It’s not just because we want to win, the end goal is always to win, it is because we absolutely have to if we want to get better at all.

Getting better at pvp means you need to be willing to critique yourself, you have to admit that you are not a pvp god or the best individual player around. If you think that way then people who beat you become cheaters or hackers. Truth is very few are, they just understand the game better than you in some way. It took me a long time to get over my god complex and admit that I can learn from a lot from the guys on this server. I have not run into a pvper from any pvp guild who I cannot say I have not learned something from. There is a lot of talent in our current pvp guilds and many who are willing to help others get better.

Werko has been doing pvp classes and there are people like myself who are willing to pull those who ask into my group and give them advice on how to play better. But really it is a commitment to pvp that keeps the pvp community alive, on both sides.

Edited by Mettan

I generally try to stay out of these conversations but I think this is an important one so I will join in if that's ok.

I think it is good that people are concerned over the lack of pub pvp on the sever. I prefer to play Empire but generally you know the pvp community is doing well when you can see talented pvp guilds on both sides. I have been pvping in this game for a while and I can say that the pvp community has been stronger in the past. Granted, there are still a lot of people that pvp but there are few people left who spend their time queing up, gearing up and focusing on how to improve their game play for warzones and arenas - those are the people who make up a strong pvp community.

EH is an rp pve server so it really cannot be expected for people to focus on pvp here. Still a lack of focus means fewer pvpers and pvpers tend to flock together. It’s not just because we want to win, the end goal is always to win, it is because we absolutely have to if we want to get better at all.

Getting better at pvp means you need to be willing to critique yourself, you have to admit that you are not a pvp god or the best individual player around. If you think that way then people who beat you become cheaters or hackers. Truth is very few are, they just understand the game better than you in some way. It took me a long time to get over my god complex and admit that I can learn from a lot from the guys on this server. I have not run into a pvper from any pvp guild who I cannot say I have not learned something from. There is a lot of talent in our current pvp guilds and many who are willing to help others get better.

Werko has been doing pvp classes and there are people like myself who are willing to pull those who ask into my group and give them advice on how to play better. But really it is a commitment to pvp that keeps the pvp community alive, on both sides.

But what is starting too worry me is im seeing less and less of the ppl I used to see around admittedly I raid more now and pvp as become kinda secondary and breaks up boredom I would love too see ranked actually flourish but Im starting to think as a whole this server cant sustain it.

It's an RP-PvE server, as someone before me mentioned. But what does that mean, exactly? Many take that to mean that the PvP community is vastly inferior that that which you will find on a dedicated PvP server but, from personal experience, that is usually far from the case.

There are many who, like myself, enjoy all aspects of play that an MMO has to offer: PvE, PvP, and RP. They like their PvP to be when/where they choose (hence the -PvE) so they need not be concerned with the other aspects of their game play being interrupted by spontaneous PvP. Now, I would like to say that in my opinion you do experience some degradation to your competitive edge when you no longer wander about the open world without the aforementioned concerns but I imagine that varies by the individual.

Where I experience the most problem in this community is the lack of communication, on both sides. Of course that comes to be expected with a PuG but at the same time I think it is largely driven by the "solo" aspect of the game. More than any other current MMO, SWTOR offers an environment that is well-suited to the casual solo player and as such, they are less accustomed to teamed play and group objectives. The general mentality of an open Warzone is to run in and hack/slash your way to victory while viewing your teammates as little more than companion NPCs that you've no control over. Obviously I am only generalizing, or maybe just rationalizing, based upon what I've experienced.

No one will ever know everything there is to know. No one will ever be perfect. Everyone can always stand to get better.

Just my opinion.