The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Exp

Superfreack

What is the fastest method of gaining experience? Solo planet quests, Space missions, or Flashpoint grinding?

fastest way...All of them.

Run the story missions, do side quests, when at an appropriate level run the flashpoints. Toss in PVP for daily/weeklies.

At night log off in rest zones and earn rest xp. Use the XP boosts from CM/GTN. Ideally you would maintain a constant rest XP and thus have at least 1 or 2 alts working at the same time so you would level one while other is gaining rest xp.

Time played per char will be short, but over all length probably higher but will have more higher leveled toons to show for it. (for example 2 in 6 months rather than 1 in 4) .

There is no "one way" to level, outside of "how you enjoy playing".

flashpoints would be great if I could ever get the que to pop on my alts lol. I sat in que for 13 hours as a dps and it didn't pop once. This was while I was leveling in the 25-32 range. I've given up on fps and will either do wzs or planet quests.

Even though it gets a bad rap, I, for one, still enjoy the old on-rails space missions while leveling. They provide quite a good amount of XP for time spent, as most missions are in the 4-6 minute range, and have daily missions for doing two of them that are similar in level. There's also individual one-time missions for them as well. They definitely get repetitive, but I found doing them a few times each mission while doing the main class story, pvp, and flash points a nice variation from the rest of the time when you're controlling your character. Keeping up the gear levels for it greatly reduces the difficulty of the missions, and is fairly inexpensive also.

Obviously, if you enjoy GSF, that is an additional route to XP.