The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Could have left the Rakghoul vendors up...

Nishki

Can't buy the weapons I now have rep for, etc. Thanks. Really don't appreciate that. Especially since vendors for other events are still up like gree and bounty week, so I expected the same here. Why can't you be consistent? It's not too much to ask.

The vendors are in the GSI section of Nar Shaddaa. Only Jeelvic is gone for the moment.

^This, although I can't really blame anyone for not knowing about that vendor.

They really should have had a one-time quest to "Go to this place and talk to this person" like they did for Jeelvic himself to let people know about the Nar Shaddaa vendor. I think they even did that with the GSI vendor herself since it's so out of the way.

But... the vendor is there? Right beside the other one. Doc Javek Kespira has them.

Weird, went there last night right after the event ended and the only rakghoul vendor they had was the one with weapons and armor that was it. I'll go recheck tho.

Could have given us more than 10 seconds warning to hand in the missions too, as the event ended 2 hours before the typical dailies reset.

I had just started the heroic, the last daily I needed to do, when I got the 10 second warning and of course was kicked out before I had any hope of handing in anything else whatsoever. Even quick travel back to the mission drop box has a 10 second cast.

So because of the absolute lack of notice (contrast with things like 15 minute warning for server shutdown), I was effectively shorted out of 90k xp that I'd spent the last 2.5 hours earning, including finding/putting together a group for SM Eyeless. By the time the event recurs I'll already have reached 55, making that loss of XP a permanent loss that I now need to make up elsewhere. The other mission rewards I already earned will still be there by the time the event recurs, but by then the XP I earned but never had the proper warning to turn in RIGHT THIS SECOND will be irrelevant.

I tried filing a ticket to have those missions manually handed in by a GM but it appears I must get phone support to do anything as the ticket droid just told me to post here (completely ignoring my request for manual GM turn-ins).

Grr.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Y

Though how else someone was going to figure that out I have no idea.

I actually miss the good old days when most of the lore and quest givers were hidden in dangerous zones (UO, EQ).

Heck, 50% of the appeal of TSW is that you can solver mysteries like the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew or the Scooby Gang, rather than "Phase 1: Kill 10 enemies, Phase 2: Kill 15 different enemies."

Secret vendors and the like are fun.