Faster changes need to be applied

Dinnake

You seemed fixated on making GSF a PvP only experience, and that's fine, but the only way you will keep people engaged with it is to make sure it's balanced. As of now the ground PvP game is more balanced than GSF. You don't have the excuse about balancing around PvE with GSF so your changes need to be implemented faster than 4-6 months.

Burst Cannon is insanely over-powered, tie that to the speed and evasion of a Flashfire/Sting and there's no reason to fly anything else...except a Gunship, which also has Burst Cannon and a bunch of other tools. Right now you have 2 viable ships in a game that should be more balanced.

As more new players start playing GSF, Gunships and Scouts will be one shotting all of them and they will not stick around. With F2P getting access soon you have a really short window to fix this.

Burst Cannon is insanely over-powered,

This is only said by people who don't understand how burst cannon works. It's so easy to foil burst cannon that it isn't even funny. Take a good, close look at burst cannon's specs, and see if you can't figure out what you're doing wrong.

This is only said by people who don't understand how burst cannon works. It's so easy to foil burst cannon that it isn't even funny. Take a good, close look at burst cannon's specs, and see if you can't figure out what you're doing wrong.

Or you can try and come up with a reason to use something other than Burst Cannon. Every other option falls short, that is the definition of something being overpowered.

Or you can try and come up with a reason to use something other than Burst Cannon. Every other option falls short, that is the definition of something being overpowered.

Wait till 2.6 with the introduction of bombers and bomber's mines, the introduction of two new CC weapons... I will be able to give you plenty of reasons why the shortest range weapon in the game won't be good.

He is almost right though. Flashfire/Sting are massively OP. You simply can't touch a skilled pilot in one of those. They rubberband around in my Gunship reticule so fast that I've though I was lagging several time. If they get the advantage on you, blaster overload will wreck your face in a hurry. If you get a decent bead on them, they just distortion field and go somewhere else. If you try to cap a node, they show up in seconds. The burst cannon is the least OP thing about them, but they are OP.

They have massive firepower, ridiculous speed and agility and better defenses than any strike fighter. They pretty much make strike fighters irrelevant.

Wait till 2.6 with the introduction of bombers and bomber's mines, the introduction of two new CC weapons... I will be able to give you plenty of reasons why the shortest range weapon in the game won't be good.

This is the whole point of my post. They can't wait until 2.7 to fix the next OP build, changes need to come much faster if they want to keep this relevant.

This is the whole point of my post. They can't wait until 2.7 to fix the next OP build, changes need to come much faster if they want to keep this relevant.

So your saying that they should fix 2.6's OP builds before 2.6 is out? What? The point of my post is the meta change in 2.6 will mean today's FoTM will cease to be FoTM.

He is almost right though. Flashfire/Sting are massively OP. You simply can't touch a skilled pilot in one of those. They rubberband around in my Gunship reticule so fast that I've though I was lagging several time. If they get the advantage on you, blaster overload will wreck your face in a hurry. If you get a decent bead on them, they just distortion field and go somewhere else. If you try to cap a node, they show up in seconds. The burst cannon is the least OP thing about them, but they are OP.

They have massive firepower, ridiculous speed and agility and better defenses than any strike fighter. They pretty much make strike fighters irrelevant.

Then I am going to suggest some serious L2P, I have played against some very nasty gunships and they can kite around for days. Also ion rail is twice as overpowered as anything on a FF.

The only thing OP about scouts is the ability to abuse Dfield to do things scouts are not supposed to be able to do, otherwise they are fine.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Then I am going to suggest some serious L2P, I have played against some very nasty gunships and they can kite around for days. Also ion rail is twice as overpowered as anything on a FF.

The only thing OP about scouts is the ability to abuse Dfield to do things scouts are not supposed to be able to do, otherwise they are fine.

I have yet to see a gunship/strike fighter do 100k damage, but I have seen many scout pilots do it, with 25+ kills AND objective points.

^^ Truth.

Burst cannon is a shotgun. On a playing field where everyone else is using rifles. It can be devastating, but odds are you're gonna get dropped before you come into range of your "insanely overpowered" weapon.

That being said, a /salute to all the burst cannon aces out there. It's tough to master, and leaves very little in the way of room for error.

^^ Truth.

Burst cannon is a shotgun. On a playing field where everyone else is using rifles. It can be devastating, but odds are you're gonna get dropped before you come into range of your "insanely overpowered" weapon.

That being said, a /salute to all the burst cannon aces out there. It's tough to master, and leaves very little in the way of room for error.

Being a knife fighter isn't such a disadvantage when you can close to knife range in a blink, and have an immunity to cooldown to insure you get there.

^Burst cannon is a shotgun. On a playing field where everyone else is using rifles. It can be devastating, but odds are you're gonna get dropped before you come into range of your "insanely overpowered" weapon.

This is just not true. It's a shotgun in a world of atlatls.

ROFL

BLC isn't a zero skill weapon or anything. It does require flying close when other weapons do not. But the payoff for this mild inconvenience is WILD. Also note that the other things BLC has going for it- such as a very low tracking penalty- mean that EVERY weapon has a pretty narrow window of truly effective ranges. It's not like heavy laser is going to be that rewarding at 800m with nothing but misses if your opponent is anything but straight on center, for instance.

Saluting people for using the best weapon is silly.

Edited by Verain

Right now you have 2 viable ships in a game that should be more balanced.....

I must be one of the very few people not on the bursts and blaster overcharge FF-S bandwagon.

me and my boring Blackbolt with it's boring Laser Cannons and boring Rocket Pods and endless amounts of boring boost will just quietly go about our boring business of capping boring nodes and turning other ships in our path into boring puffs of smoke and flame.

ROFL

BLC isn't a zero skill weapon or anything. It does require flying close when other weapons do not. But the payoff for this mild inconvenience is WILD. Also note that the other things BLC has going for it- such as a very low tracking penalty- mean that EVERY weapon has a pretty narrow window of truly effective ranges. It's not like heavy laser is going to be that rewarding at 800m with nothing but misses if your opponent is anything but straight on center, for instance.

This. BLC's *really* aren't that hard to use. Sure, you have to get in close, but you're in one of the fastest, most maneuverable ships in the game, so closing the distance shouldn't be that difficult, and you have an easier time keeping the enemy in your sights at close range. Combine that w/ D-Field's active ability, and it become very difficult for other ships to prevent you from getting in range. And they are *far* more effective at their ideal range than any other weapon is at it's ideal range.

Burst Lasers really aren't that bad. It's the fact it can come loaded on a ship class that excels at getting in close and staying there is what makes it lethal. It isn't so bad on a gunship, and it wouldn't be too out of place on a strike fighter. It's just placing it on scout speed and maneuverability that make it a pain.

That being said... I would prefer they didn't make any kneejerk changes. And considering we're still a week out from official launch there really isn't any necessity to massive changes anyway. As I posted in another thread, it isn't a weapon or component on its own that necessitate a change, it's usually a very powerful combination of components that make something unpleasant. As much as I hate suggesting it since I don't advocate removing existing components from ships... some combos probably do need to be reevaluated.

It's not that bad on the Quarrel, but I routinely hit really hard for it. Lets put it this way: If my Quarrel had EVERY laser type, I would still have mastered burst first on both it and my Mangler as I actually did. That it is a lot harder to line up a shot with it on a gunship is true- but it would be MORE true of any OTHER weapon on the gunship. That's just gunships having crap turning!

This. BLC's *really* aren't that hard to use. Sure, you have to get in close, but you're in one of the fastest, most maneuverable ships in the game, so closing the distance shouldn't be that difficult, and you have an easier time keeping the enemy in your sights at close range. Combine that w/ D-Field's active ability, and it become very difficult for other ships to prevent you from getting in range. And they are *far* more effective at their ideal range than any other weapon is at it's ideal range.

Oh, I don't know. I think the railguns are pretty bloody effective at 15 km, assuming the shots aren't evaded.

You seemed fixated on making GSF a PvP only experience, and that's fine, but the only way you will keep people engaged with it is to make sure it's balanced. As of now the ground PvP game is more balanced than GSF. You don't have the excuse about balancing around PvE with GSF so your changes need to be implemented faster than 4-6 months.

Burst Cannon is insanely over-powered, tie that to the speed and evasion of a Flashfire/Sting and there's no reason to fly anything else...except a Gunship, which also has Burst Cannon and a bunch of other tools. Right now you have 2 viable ships in a game that should be more balanced.

As more new players start playing GSF, Gunships and Scouts will be one shotting all of them and they will not stick around. With F2P getting access soon you have a really short window to fix this.

If you only think Scouts (with burst cannon), and gunships are viable, you are so wrong. Strike Fighters can be played just as easily. I play both a Flashfire with burst, and a Star Guard, and can consistently play objectives, and get a solid 8-10 kills with 30k+ damage on my Strike fighter.

ROFL

I am pretty sure he was /saluting those who have the skill to effectively use a BLC. It is a very unforgiving weapon if you can't aim for the milisecond that ALL your offense gets poured into. It takes flying skill to stay on a target and keep it within 500m (the only range that makes the BLC so "OP") without overshooting and putting yourself in the target's sights.

And I do quite well with my quads, all the way out to 5250m... Oh yeah and I use the targeting telemetry too.... that crit/accuracy/surge boost beats draining my energy faster, in my opinion.

if teams are even all ships and weapons are viable as every one has a role. Teams are never even however as the pubs own space.

The only thing an imp pilot can do is fly something fast so that he can choose his battles and find a way to make his fire power strong enough to be effective so that he can get out of dodge before the gang shows up and he has to re-spawn. For me that answer is a sting with quad's + over charge and bypass. As for SF's I think they should be as slow and lacking of maneuverability as they are but should have the option to link and fire simultaneously there primary weapons to give them a big firepower boost and edge over a scout in destruction if they can manage to site up a scout. The linked primary weapons should drain the capacitor as fast as you would think it would to be sure but it would bring the SF into it's own. As far as gun ships and there one hit killing from insanely far, with there massive selection of tools and fortress like shields and armor, power windows, GPS, heated seats, and every other thinkable luxury. They need to have there speed and maneuverability reduced further to balance them. After they are gun ships not engine ships.

All of this matters very little however if GSF dies a ugly death in the near future because the dev's did not step in and even the odds between the empire and the republic. 90% or better of the imp population has given up on GSF and no longer play it at all. Just my 2 cents.

All of this matters very little however if GSF dies a ugly death in the near future because the dev's did not step in and even the odds between the empire and the republic. 90% or better of the imp population has given up on GSF and no longer play it at all. Just my 2 cents.

What exactly should the developers do to "handicap the pubs"??? All matches start out with the score:

Pubs = 0

Imps = 500

The ground PvP game is pretty dominated by the Imps. Space is dominated by the Pubs. It is the way it is. If you queue at the same time every day (after work/school/whatever) and you face the same great (or crappy) players match after match... It is the way it is.

What exactly should the developers do to "handicap the pubs"??? All matches start out with the score:

Pubs = 0

Imps = 500

The ground PvP game is pretty dominated by the Imps. Space is dominated by the Pubs. It is the way it is. If you queue at the same time every day (after work/school/whatever) and you face the same great (or crappy) players match after match... It is the way it is.

There are several ways that they could balance it that i can think of.

(1) Award a lot more requisition to the under dogs and less to those that outmatch there enemy based on the level of challenge they face. That would balance it in no time.

(2) Force even matches by bracketing the que's, noobs fight noobs, masters fight masters ect. this can be based off requisition amounts earned by account or toon.

(3) Remove the same faction "War game" Mode from the game which would force the huge republic GSF population to either wait on an imperial team or go play imp. This would make all those pilots that switched sides so that they could win come back bringing skill with them.

That's just a few ideas but they have to do something GSF has a foot in the coffin already.

Rep or Emp winning is server specific. The differences between the two sides are minor and come to a couple copilot secondaries.

On what server does the empire have a 50% or better win percentage? I have talked to a lot of people and it is server specific in that the empire loses from 70%-90+% of there matches depending on the server.

The republic got a slight upper hand early and the imps decided to switch sides because wining 60% of the time was better than wining 40% of the time and it has caused a big problem because all of the most experienced pilots are on the same side and before an imp can get good they switch to win or give up on GSF all together. That is across every server that I know of.

On what server does the empire have a 50% or better win percentage? I have talked to a lot of people and it is server specific in that the empire loses from 70%-90+% of there matches depending on the server.

The republic got a slight upper hand early and the imps decided to switch sides because wining 60% of the time was better than wining 40% of the time and it has caused a big problem because all of the most experienced pilots are on the same side and before an imp can get good they switch to win or give up on GSF all together. That is across every server that I know of.

Seriously? There was a thred not to lonog ago that tracked wins by faction via the achievements tab, and most of the people where reporting between 40-60% win rates. That's pretty even. The only anomalies where a 87% and a 90 something % And the latter was posted by a imperial from Pot5