Question about screen resolution and zoomed in character pixelation

Pingonaut

I captured this image of my character and as you can see the pixels really stand out when viewed 100%. I run my resolution at 1366 by 768 (my laptop's screen size) and notice that my character looks very pilexy when I zoom in (which makes it hard to take good screen shots). I don't notice it as much in cutscenes, but it certainly is very obvious here.

Is there a reason for it? Does my character's skin color and hair color just stick out from the rest of the world, so it is simply more obvious?

Any input would be appreciated!

Pingonaut

I captured this image of my character and as you can see the pixels really stand out when viewed 100%. I run my resolution at 1366 by 768 (my laptop's screen size) and notice that my character looks very pilexy when I zoom in (which makes it hard to take good screen shots). I don't notice it as much in cutscenes, but it certainly is very obvious here.

Is there a reason for it? Does my character's skin color and hair color just stick out from the rest of the world, so it is simply more obvious?

Any input would be appreciated!

Pingonaut

Found the problem for you. Unless you're running a 50lb--I exaggerate--gaming laptop with dedicated graphics odds are that your onboard graphics just can't render everything well enough. That said, I have a slimbook that I ran the game on until I got my current PC and it the resolution was somewhat better than that, though there were noticeable issues due to the lack of antialiasing.

Edited by Prototypemind

noticeable issues due to the lack of antialiasing.

Aside from the low resolution which is always going to make games look worse, have you looked to make sure you have anti aliasing turned on?

That was it! Thanks so much, I can take good screen shots now!

Edited by Pingonaut